Week 35: Juventus vs Milan 9/05/2021 20:45 CEST

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Sky Probable XI:

(4231) Donnarumma; Calabria Kj?r Tomori Th?o; Bennacer Kessi?; Saelemaekers Hakan Le?o; Ibrahimović.

Also according to Sky, Pioli also tested a 4-4-2 with Brahim Diaz SS.

jiurio

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka
I just want an all out war this match. Don’t care about the quality of football. Only 3 points. Players will have to bleed for the shirt. Biggest game this season. Osu.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sky Probable XI:

(4231) Donnarumma; Calabria Kj?r Tomori Th?o; Bennacer Kessi?; Saelemaekers Hakan Le?o; Ibrahimović.

Also according to Sky, Pioli also tested a 4-4-2 with Brahim Diaz SS.

This wouldn't really be a 442. It's the same as what we've had but with Hakan in place of Rebic/Leao, and Brahim in place of Hakan.

We've lost the balance in midfield since January, I think ever since Hakan go Covid. Our midfield hasn't been the same, especially with Bennacer out for so long. Removing an attacker for a midfielder is a play at regaining some balance. Chiesa being one on one with Theo might be another reason to go for a more balanced player like Hakan on the left over an attacker like Rebic or Leao.

It sort of makes sense. I like Brahim in the middle with Ibra, they usually have good chemistry. Having two disciplined players out wide like Hakan and Saelemaekers will nullify some of their threats on the wings while making sure Kessie or Bennacer don't have to shift too far wide to cover like they usually do.

Hakan has shifted to the left side a couple of times in the past few weeks, so it's not something that's completely untested recently.

I'm not too optimistic about the game, something about Juve always worries me in that things always go in their favor, whether VAR rulings or incomprehensible refereeing. Let's hope this time its different and we get a deserved win.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Thankfully it's been a busy week and I havent had time to think about this match.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
The pressure is on Pirlo.

Of course they will block our wingers, isolate our striker and put our double pivot to cover 3 juventus players.

hopetorture

Primavera
Reaction score

Of course they will block our wingers, isolate our striker and put our double pivot to cover 3 juventus players.

pressure wont make us favourites. its mindboggling how we managed to screw this season. we were first for such a long time. than decided to choke so bad that we kinda have to make or break 4th against juve and atalanta. i wont even bother with the odds of us beating juve or finishing top4. its too sad.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

No Pirlo plays with just two midfielders usually to try and overload the wings. He can't do both. We'll try to nullify their wing threat by doubling up, which is why he's considering Hakan on the left instead of an attacker. The fact that he's considering Brahim up front means he knows Ibra can be isolated and wants someone that can play very close to him and can work in tight spaces. Pioli learned his lesson I think, and we'll probably play relatively low and hit them on the break.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
pressure wont make us favourites. its mindboggling how we managed to screw this season. we were first for such a long time. than decided to choke so bad that we kinda have to make or break 4th against juve and atalanta. i wont even bother with the odds of us beating juve or finishing top4. its too sad.

Koulibaly is injured so Napoli aren't really sure of winning their last 4 games easily. They will drop points. I'm actually more worried about Lazio now.

Even if we lose both Atalanta and Juve games we still have a big chance of qualifying, as long as we beat Cagliari and Torino.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
have to play Hakan on left as he doesn?t lose ball often and can help is progress up the field. Rebic Theo both lose the ball mindlessly way too often and that?s a disaster waiting to happen with Chiesa and Cuadrado on that side.

Just hoping Leao doesn?t start - this ain?t the occasion for an immature kid.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Koulibaly is injured so Napoli aren't really sure of winning their last 4 games easily. They will drop points. I'm actually more worried about Lazio now.

Even if we lose both Atalanta and Juve games we still have a big chance of qualifying, as long as we beat Cagliari and Torino.

Man Napoli fixtures are relatively easy and they are on good form . We Deffo don?t have ?big chance? if we lose both juve and atalanta. We have to get 1 win from these or like 2 draws

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm not too optimistic about the game, something about Juve always worries me in that things always go in their favor, whether VAR rulings or incomprehensible refereeing. Let's hope this time its different and we get a deserved win.

This is my main concern too. The ref always gives frustrating small decisions against us constantly and then snap shows cards for our players getting frustrated . Obviously this will affect the mentality and performance atleast a little bit in game. Anyways this little refereeing help is a pretty much a certainty vs these scumbags .. just hoping the ref has some dignity and doesn?t give big VAR calls unfairly .. and atleast fucking CHECKS VAR if we have a claim to a penalty/red etc

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
This is my main concern too. The ref always gives frustrating small decisions against us constantly and then snap shows cards for our players getting frustrated . Obviously this will affect the mentality and performance atleast a little bit in game. Anyways this little refereeing help is a pretty much a certainty vs these scumbags .. just hoping the ref has some dignity and doesn?t give big VAR calls unfairly .. and atleast fucking CHECKS VAR if we have a claim to a penalty/red etc

what strikes me is that everyone sees it, everyone knows it, and nothing seems to be done about it. truth is you just can't do anything about it, which is mind-blowing if you think about. just be prepared for a very frustrating game tomorrow where we might see around 5-6 yellow cards again, a handsball not called and many other dubious actions from the referee.

only in italy

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Man Napoli fixtures are relatively easy and they are on good form . We Deffo don?t have ?big chance? if we lose both juve and atalanta. We have to get 1 win from these or like 2 draws

If we lost to Juve and Atalanta then Napoli needs 9 points from 12 (and Lazio need 11 from 15). 9 points from 12 playing with pressure and without Koulibaly? That's still a lot to ask. If they drop points to Spezia today then it's all over for them I think, we'll start worrying about Lazio only.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
E03QxB9WQAM0Gj6.jpg

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Sky - Confirmations on Diaz from the start, Tomori ahead on Romagnoli

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
No Pirlo plays with just two midfielders usually to try and overload the wings. He can't do both. We'll try to nullify their wing threat by doubling up, which is why he's considering Hakan on the left instead of an attacker. The fact that he's considering Brahim up front means he knows Ibra can be isolated and wants someone that can play very close to him and can work in tight spaces. Pioli learned his lesson I think, and we'll probably play relatively low and hit them on the break.

Yeah I like those moves from Pioli. Juve are strong favourites and have more match winners but there is a lot of pressure on them and both sides are not in form, really could go either way and probably will be decided by just one or two incidents. Really need Ibra to show up at last.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Let's hope Chiesa isn't fit enough to start.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Probable lineup vs. Juventus according to Sky:

Donnarumma; Calabria, Kjaer, Tomori, Theo Hernandez; Saelemaekers, Kessie, Bennacer, ?alhanoglu; Brahim Diaz, Ibrahimovic

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Wrong thread. Apologies.

Last edited:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
No excuses tomorrow! I expect no less than a massacre!! Dai Ragazzi!!! DAI RAGAZZI

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We did this to ourselves, guarantee you?d have seen a different display against Sassuolo from players and manager if they?d have known what would?ve happened. We got ourselves into this mess now we are gonna have to get ourselves out of it. Simple as

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
A day of nerves. Forza Milan!

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Decisive matchday.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Lighting the beacons

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
I am scared of this match.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Curva Sud is at Milanello right now giving the boys a boost. Please please dont dissapoint them and us today. Go out there and bleed for that shirt:proud: