View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 08:56   #802
Nalim
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Donna: Gifted them a goal. The only impressive goal line block was from Romagnoli...

Kalulu: Delivered some shitty crosses, but I think this was the best RB performance by a reserve this season. I wasn't missing Calabria. Quite frankly I didn't like that Calabria was brought on at the end.

Kjaer: Not tested much. Leao and Diaz didn't give him a chance to show off his passing range.

Romagnoli: Fucked up but then immediately redeemed himself with the block.

Theo: This is not a serious team when he's the main weapon in the attack.

Tonali: Not progressive enough but did well in defense although this wasn't a tough test.

Kessie: Unlucky not to score that header. Did his part. Converted the penalty like a boss, as usual.

Rebic: Played as if he wanted to avoid an injury. Didn't even seem to be in the mood to play in the first half.

Diaz: Wasn't as selfish and risk-taking as he normally is, but also not as productive. Low risk, low reward. Perhaps another one that was trying to avoid a re-injury?

Samu: Had his moments in the first half, but he's not much of a threat.

Leao: Always a step behind. I don't know what's worse, his mental or physical stamina.

Meite: His dribbling and aerial game was welcomed. But his game still lacks intensity and tempo.
This summary is very gentle with the team.
The performance was atrocious. Build-up play was unbelievably slow. There was only 1 team on the pitch today and they played against 11 undisciplined individuals who lacked intensity and willingness to run for each other.
Actually discipline is the biggest issue for this team going forward as I see it. A player like Theo for example - world class on his day but when it doesn't click for him he really lacks the discipline to do what's best for the team. The same could be said about Leao and quite a few other players to be honest.
Pioli is obviously a great motivator and he's far exceeded the expectations that any of us had for him and his young squad, but when the going gets tough does he know how to crack the whip?
Nalim is offline   Reply With Quote