View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 15:33   #808
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalim View Post
This summary is very gentle with the team.
The performance was atrocious. Build-up play was unbelievably slow. There was only 1 team on the pitch today and they played against 11 undisciplined individuals who lacked intensity and willingness to run for each other.
Actually discipline is the biggest issue for this team going forward as I see it. A player like Theo for example - world class on his day but when it doesn't click for him he really lacks the discipline to do what's best for the team. The same could be said about Leao and quite a few other players to be honest.
Pioli is obviously a great motivator and he's far exceeded the expectations that any of us had for him and his young squad, but when the going gets tough does he know how to crack the whip?
I summarized the individual performances, not the team's.
Not sure I was too gentle, only Kessie would get 6+.
Agree about Theo. I was implying the same thing. We do not look like a serious team when he's the main man. He's too dumb and selfish to dictate this team.

Much of what we're seeing are symptoms of a team that hasn't had stability or continuity for 4 months due to injuries, COVID, suspensions and unnecessary rotation. These disjointed players can't find eachother if they try to play it quick. Rebic and Diaz seemed to hold back their explosiveness out of fears of a re-injury.
There's also a few important ingredients missing to deal with teams that park the bus. A proper target forward, midfielders making late runs into the box, threats from distance.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote