The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Yeah,not sure why Maldini couldn't get him.Maybe because he want to be a starter?Just my assumption off course..
5 million for just the loan. We weren’t gonna spend that with Baka’s salary.

Benaccer’s injury is a big problem. This is what we were afraid us , and maybe it happened.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Fell on this article on my feed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...et-battle-Roma-midfielder-Amadou-Diawara.html

Always been a fan of this kid. Still only 23. Wanted him when he appeared at Bologna, when Napoli wanted to get rid of him and now so does Roma.
To me he is like a 23 year old Kjaer, as he has t found the right place for him...bad agent and advisors? Guess injuries played a little role as well.

I like his attribute mix, physical enough, very tactility astute, moves the ball quick smartly.

I guess his situation changed from summer to now (availability).

Wouldnt mind seeing this happen...I Don’t know what MMM got in mind for DM... wether a Hauge type, scouted low cost option or a Kjaer, older underrated (doubt) ...i trust their work any way

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Fuck, just read that Bayern and Barca are in the race to sign Boubacar Kamara. I really wanted Milan to go after him, kid can play both DM and CB. :(

Last edited:

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There is really no two ways around it and Elliott are fooling themselves if they think there is.

We need to spend this January. Simple as that.

We cannot get by by having a cheap transfer window.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

yes, we can
spending a lot in jan jsut because we have several injuries is not smart

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
5 million for just the loan. We weren?t gonna spend that with Baka?s salary.

Napoli are only paying 2m net of his salary according to GdS.
The 5m loan fee was probably added to cover the rest of his salary.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Kalulu and Gabbia are good enough as 3rd and 4th CB's, we only should sign a CB if Gabbia is seriously injured and won't be available in january after the Christmas break. If you have talent you believe in you bet on them.

A 4th CM to replace Krunic and a RW like Thauvin should be the top priorities.

We don't need a backup for Ibra since we already have Leao, who is by no means perfect in that role, but neither are Mandzukic or Cutrone and unlike them Leao has serious upside. Additionally signing a backup for Ibra just causes problems, since we won't have enough playing time to hand out for Hauge, Leao and Rebic at LW if neither gets some minutes as CF from time to time.

Well run teams are very specific in who to sign and don't just add more and more players based on short-term impulses. Lets leave stop-gap signings like Kolarov or Ashley Young to Inter.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kalulu and Gabbia are good enough as 3rd and 4th CB's, we only should sign a CB if Gabbia is seriously injured and won't be available in january after the Christmas break. If you have talent you believe in you bet on them.

A 4th CM to replace Krunic and a RW like Thauvin should be the top priorities.

We don't need a backup for Ibra since we already have Leao, who is by no means perfect in that role, but neither are Mandzukic or Cutrone and unlike them Leao has serious upside. Additionally signing a backup for Ibra just causes problems, since we won't have enough playing time to hand out for Hauge, Leao and Rebic at LW if neither gets some minutes as CF from time to time.

Well run teams are very specific in who to sign and don't just add more and more players based on short-term impulses. Lets leave stop-gap signings like Kolarov or Ashley Young to Inter.

I'd agree with this if Pioli hasn't said multiple times that he doesn't see Leao as a CF and that he constantly picks Rebic as a CF over him in the absence of Ibra.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the money is there.

But we will not break the bank.

If there are good opportunities we will buy.

If no, then try again next mercato.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I dont like Leao. Seems he has a bad attitude, looks like he dont care and playing for fun on the field.
On defence position there are also too much fodder, with Musacchio, Conti and Duarte.
Priority should be a backup striker, like Muriqi or Milik. New cam to compete with Calhanoglu. And a new cb

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I think we're signing a CB anyway, mostly because that CB is more of a numbers replacement for Musacchio/Duarte leaving and hopefully has the quality to pressure Kjaer and Romagnoli for a spot.

We need some form of CM signing, but I don't know who. For now we must put all our faith in Tonali, but if Kessie is out we're looking at a situation no one wants. We just need one more body, someone solid with tactical awareness who can help us when we need to rest Kessie.

I have no idea who the vice Ibra should be. Giroud would've been ideal but I don't see that happening. I'm actually a little disappointed in Leao not stepping up to want that CF role. Like someone said if he is uninterested in being anything other than LW he has a problem. The team needs him to lead that attack without Ibra. I don't accept him not liking to play CF, he has all the tools if he's motivated. Succeeding is hard, Rafa.

I want Thauvin from January already, but I don't think it's this managements style to pay money for someone we will sign for free in the summer. Unless they see it as an opportunity for the title.

Anyway, our Genoa game will be telling as to how worried we should be.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kalulu seems comfortable on the ball
I'd try him in midfield
You know you squad is thin as paper when you need a kid that has seria a experience as an average forum member to cover multiple roles for a title fighting side.

Status
Not open for further replies.