Alessio Romagnoli Thread

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
I think his tackles per 90 stats shows a clear regression this season.

wOXtAGS.png

Also the Dribbled past stat

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
I think his tackles per 90 stats shows a clear regression this season.

wOXtAGS.png

this shows a lot. you can see each year essentially looking better and better especially with the dribbles past looking better each year then this and then all of the sudden just lays a turd this year... It's too bad he hasn't continued his progression this year. Then again, it's 1 bad season so who knows, is it too early to call it a day for him? Yes, too soon IMO. But also I am curious to see how he responds. He will have more chances this season and his fate is in his hands. He either steps up and shows his worth, or he crumbles. Let's see.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Romagnoli is not a bad player. Tomori has real talent, and most importantly is probably a better fit for our game with his athleticism and ability to cover. There’s no issue in admitting that, but that doesn’t mean he is some awful player who has always sucked. There is a big trend here with the same posters who think that being other just eeyore losers who love to hate on everything and probably have no friends or fun, and the people who thought Kessie, hakan and others were complete garbage(really funny btw how those same dudes act like they never said those things).

Many have pointed out fatigue, and goodfella has showed his stats pre summer injury, and it really does make sense that there would be a regression. Kjaer has been hurt a lot, and the other centerback options before january(Gabbia also injured and then kalulu) were inexperienced, so Romagnoli has had to play a lot of games. If you count post covid since there was hardly a break and a super condensed schedule, he has played a lot with a serious injury wedged in there. That’s not to say it’s a magical excuse and he doesn’t deserve to be dropped. He did regress and he was dropped, fairly. But it’s obvious why his performances have dipped. He is not the only player on Milan or in Europe to deal with fatigue, drop in performances, fitness etc. In fact many are trying to overlook it but a lot of our players this month have started to show serious signs of general fatigue, and it’s the single most worrying aspect of our season, far more than player selection and tactics.

Romagnoli was on the field for the vast majority of games in the last season and a half, and Milan won a very high percentage of those. Obviously being one player on a functional team doesn’t mean everything, but being it’s captain at a serious position like centerback clearly does mean something unless you’re an idiot. I think he is a good not great player. In fact if you look at Milan’s backline and team in general going back to Gattuso’s last season(missing third by one point), if you ignore the awful Giampaolo stretch in between Gattuso and Pioli the team has played at close to or higher than a top 4 level for the past three seasons.

He is also a good passer, people look for flashy skills like Bonucci or Silva but he plays the simple balls right. Tomori is not a good passer, he almost always plays it to the keeper, his fullback or his centerback partner. Romagnoli is not often splitting the ball forward or doing the diagonal to release the fulback(Calabria isn’t theo by the way and Alexis/Samu are not Rebic) but he often finds a forward pass to a midfield. Vertical passing is important. Tomori also has lost out on a few headers. That being said, I am in no way for Romagnoli benching Tomori. He is a fantastic athlete, he’s fresher having barely played for Chelsea, and he is clearly the better option. But the knee jerking over certain players is getting annoying. Romagnoli will feature more this season and hopefully a break helps him. Kessie needed one too, he’s gotten more rest and now is playing better again.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Romagnoli is not a bad player. Tomori has real talent, and most importantly is probably a better fit for our game with his athleticism and ability to cover. There?s no issue in admitting that, but that doesn?t mean he is some awful player who has always sucked. There is a big trend here with the same posters who think that being other just eeyore losers who love to hate on everything and probably have no friends or fun, and the people who thought Kessie, hakan and others were complete garbage(really funny btw how those same dudes act like they never said those things).

Many have pointed out fatigue, and goodfella has showed his stats pre summer injury, and it really does make sense that there would be a regression. Kjaer has been hurt a lot, and the other centerback options before january(Gabbia also injured and then kalulu) were inexperienced, so Romagnoli has had to play a lot of games. If you count post covid since there was hardly a break and a super condensed schedule, he has played a lot with a serious injury wedged in there. That?s not to say it?s a magical excuse and he doesn?t deserve to be dropped. He did regress and he was dropped, fairly. But it?s obvious why his performances have dipped. He is not the only player on Milan or in Europe to deal with fatigue, drop in performances, fitness etc. In fact many are trying to overlook it but a lot of our players this month have started to show serious signs of general fatigue, and it?s the single most worrying aspect of our season, far more than player selection and tactics.

Romagnoli was on the field for the vast majority of games in the last season and a half, and Milan won a very high percentage of those. Obviously being one player on a functional team doesn?t mean everything, but being it?s captain at a serious position like centerback clearly does mean something unless you?re an idiot. I think he is a good not great player. In fact if you look at Milan?s backline and team in general going back to Gattuso?s last season(missing third by one point), if you ignore the awful Giampaolo stretch in between Gattuso and Pioli the team has played at close to or higher than a top 4 level for the past three seasons.

He is also a good passer, people look for flashy skills like Bonucci or Silva but he plays the simple balls right. Tomori is not a good passer, he almost always plays it to the keeper, his fullback or his centerback partner. Romagnoli is not often splitting the ball forward or doing the diagonal to release the fulback(Calabria isn?t theo by the way and Alexis/Samu are not Rebic) but he often finds a forward pass to a midfield. Vertical passing is important. Tomori also has lost out on a few headers. That being said, I am in no way for Romagnoli benching Tomori. He is a fantastic athlete, he?s fresher having barely played for Chelsea, and he is clearly the better option. But the knee jerking over certain players is getting annoying. Romagnoli will feature more this season and hopefully a break helps him. Kessie needed one too, he?s gotten more rest and now is playing better again.

good honest reviewing and commenting :thumbsup:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Inshallah , and may Bari benefit mightily from this :thumbsup:

He will do better relatively because they will look worse in his presence.

Strong hunch he hampers their development if they play with him given his 0 leadership skills. Might even get more mileage from starting gabbia and kalulu together.

Jay Sriram

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Romagnoli is not a bad player.

Whatever words followed this line automatically became meaningless.

--------

Fun fact: it's been 1 month since we have won a match with romagnoli starting (Feb 7th crotone 4-0). :proud:

Looking forward to seeing who bends him over and claps his cheeks next.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

--------

Fun fact: it's been 1 month since we have won a match with romagnoli starting (Feb 7th crotone 4-0). :proud:

imagine having your personality

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Romagnoli is not a bad player. Tomori has real talent, and most importantly is probably a better fit for our game with his athleticism and ability to cover. There?s no issue in admitting that, but that doesn?t mean he is some awful player who has always sucked. There is a big trend here with the same posters who think that being other just eeyore losers who love to hate on everything and probably have no friends or fun, and the people who thought Kessie, hakan and others were complete garbage(really funny btw how those same dudes act like they never said those things).

Many have pointed out fatigue, and goodfella has showed his stats pre summer injury, and it really does make sense that there would be a regression. Kjaer has been hurt a lot, and the other centerback options before january(Gabbia also injured and then kalulu) were inexperienced, so Romagnoli has had to play a lot of games. If you count post covid since there was hardly a break and a super condensed schedule, he has played a lot with a serious injury wedged in there. That?s not to say it?s a magical excuse and he doesn?t deserve to be dropped. He did regress and he was dropped, fairly. But it?s obvious why his performances have dipped. He is not the only player on Milan or in Europe to deal with fatigue, drop in performances, fitness etc. In fact many are trying to overlook it but a lot of our players this month have started to show serious signs of general fatigue, and it?s the single most worrying aspect of our season, far more than player selection and tactics.

Romagnoli was on the field for the vast majority of games in the last season and a half, and Milan won a very high percentage of those. Obviously being one player on a functional team doesn?t mean everything, but being it?s captain at a serious position like centerback clearly does mean something unless you?re an idiot. I think he is a good not great player. In fact if you look at Milan?s backline and team in general going back to Gattuso?s last season(missing third by one point), if you ignore the awful Giampaolo stretch in between Gattuso and Pioli the team has played at close to or higher than a top 4 level for the past three seasons.

He is also a good passer, people look for flashy skills like Bonucci or Silva but he plays the simple balls right. Tomori is not a good passer, he almost always plays it to the keeper, his fullback or his centerback partner. Romagnoli is not often splitting the ball forward or doing the diagonal to release the fulback(Calabria isn?t theo by the way and Alexis/Samu are not Rebic) but he often finds a forward pass to a midfield. Vertical passing is important. Tomori also has lost out on a few headers. That being said, I am in no way for Romagnoli benching Tomori. He is a fantastic athlete, he?s fresher having barely played for Chelsea, and he is clearly the better option. But the knee jerking over certain players is getting annoying. Romagnoli will feature more this season and hopefully a break helps him. Kessie needed one too, he?s gotten more rest and now is playing better again.

tenor.gif

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score

--------

Lol ok. We also won like 85% of our games with him playing every week for almost a calendar year. No losses. God forbid we lose 3 games

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
imagine having your personality

I?ve said this many times on here because there?s a few of them but these kinds of dudes are just so annoying. There are times to criticize and times to praise, this is a football fan forum lmao. That?s what being a fan is. But ?trolling? or not when literally everything you say, even when you?re trying to be funny, is negative I just really wonder. Everything he says is just Milan sucks, our players suck, everything sucks, grass is greener at Bayern, idk. Jokes aren?t even funny.

It?s just the internet so I won?t judge, I could never really know but in the real world I know I don?t enjoy being around people who always spew negativity. If everything that comes out is negative you?re probably not a fun person to hang out with.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I?ve said this many times on here because there?s a few of them but these kinds of dudes are just so annoying. There are times to criticize and times to praise, this is a football fan forum lmao. That?s what being a fan is. But ?trolling? or not when literally everything you say, even when you?re trying to be funny, is negative I just really wonder. Everything he says is just Milan sucks, our players suck, everything sucks, grass is greener at Bayern, idk. Jokes aren?t even funny.

It?s just the internet so I won?t judge, I could never really know but in the real world I know I don?t enjoy being around people who always spew negativity. If everything that comes out is negative you?re probably not a fun person to hang out with.

It's a need of attention and that they actually believe they're being funny, original or something.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.

I don't know what issues this guy has irl, but he's been doing this on RnB for years now. It's always the same predictable crap in an attempt to wind people up.

Not sure how long you've been around, but I'd strongly advise you not to waste your time on this poster.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Our Ale :love: deserves another shot

we haven't had a clean with Tomori & Kjaer

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
Time to return il capitano ❤️

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag

It's true about fatigue. Maybe we've been too harsh on him. We've underestimated the toll that the past year and a half must have taken on the players, due to Covid.

Meriano

Primavera
Reaction score
good honest reviewing and commenting :thumbsup:

One thing Ive always belied in it, Romagnoli have saves us for many years till 2020, struggling with lot of injuries and being the only alongside Donnarumma to keep us afloat, it's normal to get through bad performances, even player like Ramos Face up and down

He is more talented than Tomori, that's my opinion

Also Ve forgotten to point it out, his great passing game, good vision help him To thrive in aerial dual, it miss me a lot

Last edited:

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Who isnt more talented than Tomori? Tomori is all speed and nothing else.

Ale always has better reading of the game, positioning, tackling, etc… even when he was much younger than Tomori now. Tomori’s tackles look satisfying at times cause they’re quick and aggressive, but he never has the timing and precision of Ale.

The thing is, like a bunch of other failed talented defender e.g. Rugani, Ranocchia,…, he hasn’t improved his consistency and mentality at all. All that while his physicality seems to have regressed. He was never that good but he had the excuse of being young. Now he’s not even young any more, how much longer do I need to wait before I can call him new Ranocchia?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Shame he didn't work out to his touted potential. I wouldn't mind having him as a 3rd CB, but I doubt he would be okay with that, especially being the oficial captain. (will be stripped for sure even if he stays)

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
We need 4 Defenders for our two centerback spots if we are to be even remotely serious about doing well in league and European competition… when the cup and Europa games came thick and fast, our lack of quality in the squad became all too apparent and fatigue wore us out in the end..

The season that just been, we have a strong 11, a decent 15 and a weak 22…

Leave it to chef pioli to decide what to cook every week but let’s try give him good ingredients to use.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
A good defender, not a world class defender. He is far too slow and does not have the positional sense to make up for it.

Being a Raiola client also makes me want to push him out of the door. I have no interest in players and agents who want to milk the club dry.

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
Letting him go will be a mistake. His a good enough on our day and with Theo's latest drop in form it shows that it can happen to anyone. Kjaer is also on the wrong side of 30 and keeping someone in their mid 20s should be a priority.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Letting him go will be a mistake. His a good enough on our day and with Theo's latest drop in form it shows that it can happen to anyone. Kjaer is also on the wrong side of 30 and keeping someone in their mid 20s should be a priority.
If he wants to sign a modified contract then sure.

But 5 mil for a rotational player is a no go.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
AC Milan captain Alessio Romagnoli has reportedly given an ultimatum to his agent Mino Raiola over his renewal at the club.

Calciomercato.com reported last night how Romagnoli has always provided the right answers when called upon by head coach Stefano Pioli and has understood that in such an intense season ? which will feature spells of playing three games every eight days ? everyone will need to contribute.

That is why he wants to be a part of the stimulating project that the Rossoneri are building and he has had discussions with the management in which ample willingness has been expressed to consider a possible renewal offer.

Directors Maldini and Massara could offer half of that, while Raiola could become a key factor and he has a free transfer to Juventus on their agenda, and the agent?s recent words against the Rossoneri in the media have not been received well at Casa Milan.

According to journalist Sebastian Sarno on Twitter ? of Calciostyle and La Rossonera ? Romagnoli does indeed want to renew his contract with the Rossoneri and has even sent a very strong message to Raiola: ?I want a renewal or I?ll change agent.?

He adds that he ?didn?t think it was possible? for such a situation to arise, but that is what a source has told him. We await further developments.

Not sure about the veracity of the source but if true - all is forgiven. Forza Romagnoli! Forza Capitano!

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Conte wants him at Tottenham
Maybe but I think he'd rather get Bastoni. Tottenham really need a LCB and probably also a great midfielder, but right now they don't have anyone as good as Romero for that back 3.