Official: Rafael Leão Thread

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Had a much better game today than in recent weeks.

Yes thank god, he was involved much more but he was still poor..for a 30mil striker he should do waaay more..

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Had a much better game today than in recent weeks.

Yet still limits himself so much. A shame. Put in more effort and he'd be rewarded.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't even want him to chase after players. Just be more available when we have the ball. And be more attentive to get those risky improvised passes and 50 50 balls.

Having said that, leao step up in 2nd half today.

Last edited:

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gotta time his jump for headers better. Smoke less, vape less and improve his response time. Such laggy head for a 21-year-old

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
IMG-20210314-231330.jpg

portuguese Haaland

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Moving forward with the ball he clearly has so much talent, but what are the other qualities? He's anonymous and lazy off the ball, he's a terrible header and his link up play leaves much to be desired.

He was eaten alive by Koulibaly tonight, but still not seeing the required effort or focus needed to live up to everyone's expectations.

I have no plans to give him up, talk of selling him is nonsense. He needs to work harder.

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I am afraid he is Niang 2.0 or Balotelli 3.0
I will be glad to be mistaken

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
He needs a bit of a fire, passion and should be a pain for the defenders to deal with.

It seems, at least from his attitude that he is playing a friendly game at a park. It's a shame because the talent is clearly there, hope he can turnaround.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
or Auba (probably not the case)

Did Aubameyang actually get to play here (at that time I couldnt fully follow Milan closely). I think we were stacked and just kept loaning him before sale.

Leao - very difficult to understand. Pato at his worst never looked like this. Niang wasnt as talented but always gave more effort and Balotelli even though he strolled around offered more when he actually got on the ball. I think he is clearly more talented than Niang and not as good as the other two. He isnt a selfish / ego player and that is what propelled Pato and Balo so its going to take a special coach to find his motivation and unlock him.

This summer and start of next season is critical

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Did Aubameyang actually get to play here (at that time I couldnt fully follow Milan closely). I think we were stacked and just kept loaning him before sale.

Leao - very difficult to understand. Pato at his worst never looked like this. Niang wasnt as talented but always gave more effort and Balotelli even though he strolled around offered more when he actually got on the ball. I think he is clearly more talented than Niang and not as good as the other two. He isnt a selfish / ego player and that is what propelled Pato and Balo so its going to take a special coach to find his motivation and unlock him.

This summer and start of next season is critical

Why do you think he's more talented than Niang? To me they seem very similar as level, but I think Niang performed better and I never really liked the guy.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I think the problem might be that he is stupid

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Why do you think he's more talented than Niang? To me they seem very similar as level, but I think Niang performed better and I never really liked the guy.

I too think Niang played better but that may be wrapped up in the effort he displayed. I see talent as the ability to perform techniques, physical ability and the ease at which you can repeatedly perform those techniques.

I see Leao shooting better (though you wouldn't think that right now), able to manipulate the ball better and also passing much better. I think he is also stronger physically.

pkriston

Primavera
Reaction score
Leao's talent is obvious and those who can't see it are blind. He is just better on the wing and/or as a second striker. He should start all his games at one of those spots. He's not a number 9.

I have lots of time for him.

Despite his struggles, when he has the ball , I feel like he can make something happen. Unlike with Krunic , Dias, Saelemaekers and Castillejo. No offence to them.

Last edited:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
we dont use formation with SS so he can play as cf or winger
when he was used as a winger then his workrate wasnt good enough and him and ibra mean not much pressing.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Hasn't he learned from Romagnoli regarding the celebration? :lol:

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score

He's obviously more talented than Niang, but equally incompetent and much lazier.

Niang did his best as a second striker with Mihajlovic due to his work rate.

Leao does his best when he can outplay his direct opponent, or when Pioli outsmarts the opponent coach. I don't see Leao doing much against well organized teams.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Absolutely useless tonight and plays like he doesn't give a shit.

I'd get rid of him in a heartbeat.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
One of the very few who actually looked like he tried.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Win us the game.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Good game today tbh, lacked a goal though. He’s had a bad finish to the season but his role has changed constantly so it’s hard to get a gauge on his growth.

That miss today was his Niang moment vs Barca, very lucky we didn’t lose our CL place because of it. That’s the kind of moment our fans never forgive for but this time it’s not a big deal.

I believe he will shine next season as a LW/SS. We can’t have him playing through the middle, it’s not where he does his best work and if you see the first half of the season that’s where he was doing great. Work rate needs to lift but I believe in this kids talent!

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Imagine if that went in…. He’d be worth 50m right away lol