The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
I doubt Milan (Elliot) want Mandzukic, two old players in one position is not in our project, unless Pioli and Maldini really insist for his arrival.

1A367710-B78D-456E-B249-8645B479E121.jpg

projects adapts when circustances changes, i don't think they considered the chance of winning a title in this season but this might happen and a different strategy might be the best choice

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
The Hakimi situation doesn't seem to be as serious as people are saying:

La Repubblica claim Inter have agreed with Real Madrid to delay the first payment for Achraf Hakimi by three months.

The Nerazzurri signed the wing-back for €40m to be paid in a series of €10m instalments.

The first was expected in December, but reports in Spain pointed out the money had not been handed over on time.

However, La Repubblica newspaper published a copy of an agreement Real Madrid signed with Inter a few weeks ago, which allows them to delay the €10m payment from December 2020 to the end of March 2021.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Things is slowly recovering, but in a high opex operation like football, having a good balance sheet is everything. The elemination of Merda from CL must be catastrophic to its balance sheet.

Are they?

I still don't see any fans in stadiums. Don't know what this means for tv- and sponsorship deals tbh. But I can't imagine how things could be slowly recovering right now with pandemic still in full swing if not even worse in many countries (England, Italy, Germany, Switzerland) than before.

If anything than clubs are still bleeding money and will continue to do so until this pandemic is under control and fans are allowed back to stadiums.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Hakimi situation doesn't seem to be as serious as people are saying:

La Repubblica claim Inter have agreed with Real Madrid to delay the first payment for Achraf Hakimi by three months.

The Nerazzurri signed the wing-back for ?40m to be paid in a series of ?10m instalments.

The first was expected in December, but reports in Spain pointed out the money had not been handed over on time.

However, La Repubblica newspaper published a copy of an agreement Real Madrid signed with Inter a few weeks ago, which allows them to delay the ?10m payment from December 2020 to the end of March 2021.

Payments seem like they're going to be piling up. They're just buying time which makes them desperate. They won't get a good offer to sell the club or sell 40%, so they'll keep squeezing as much as they can pushing the limits. Wheels might come off.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Are they?

I still don't see any fans in stadiums. Don't know what this means for tv- and sponsorship deals tbh. But I can't imagine how things could be slowly recovering right now with pandemic still in full swing if not even worse in many countries (England, Italy, Germany, Switzerland) than before.

If anything than clubs are still bleeding money and will continue to do so until this pandemic is under control and fans are allowed back to stadiums.

From no football at all to games with no attendances
From no business operation to (at least) take aways from many restaurants.

Yeah its recovering, or so we say, adapting.

The key of survival in this kind of situation is low opex, low cost. Alhamdulillah, Milan heading towards that direction even before the pandemic.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Payments seem like they're going to be piling up. They're just buying time which makes them desperate. They won't get a good offer, so they'll keep squeezing as much as they can pushing the limits. Wheels might come off.
This all reminds me very much of the Yonghong Li situation and Fassone buying time here and there.

Dammit, I want someone from inside to write a book and tell us the real story behind this. I still can't get my head around how Li could actually loose the club with zero return when he had Commissos offer in hand - and refused!

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The moves Suning made in the transfer window are really weird in retrospect if they knew the situation was so dire. They paid 40M for one player, they got veterans on high wages, they didn't even actively try to ship out bad contracts

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Hakimi will surely stay in Inter but their fanbase deserve to sweat a little after mocking our ownership saga.

What I don't understand is why Suning would make such an investment when they clearly don't have money or even enough time to reap any successes of their investment. Chinese restrictions aren't a surprise and the blocked tax discounts shouldn't be decisive. I must've missed something

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
The moves Suning made in the transfer window are really weird in retrospect if they knew the situation was so dire. They paid 40M for one player, they got veterans on high wages, they didn't even actively try to ship out bad contracts

Exactly

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Idk why people keep putting Kessie and Bennacer on wrong sides in their formations. Pioli swapped them for a reason. It's a big part of why we play so well when they're both on the pitch.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From no football at all to games with no attendances

From no business operation to (at least) take aways from many restaurants.

Yeah its recovering, or so we say, adapting.

The key of survival in this kind of situation is low opex, low cost. Alhamdulillah, Milan heading towards that direction even before the pandemic.
Ah, so you were speaking about life and economics in general.

I thought you were speaking about football clubs only who, as I see it, are hardly recovering but more or less trying to survive until fans are back in the stadiums.

Where are you from? How's it going in your country? I'm from Switzerland. We are basically entering our 2nd lockdown from Monday onwards. However we had many tough restrictions before who forced many bars and restaurants, movie theaters and stores to close down as economically speaking operating with all those restrictions generated them far bigger losses than simply closing down.

Sure, some adapt, but the general feeling here is not of recovery but of trying to survive somehow and hoping to make it to the next month when things maybe look a little bit better.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Dammit, I want someone from inside to write a book and tell us the real story behind this. I still can't get my head around how Li could actually loose the club with zero return when he had Commissos offer in hand - and refused!

I can't remember enough to have a valid opinion on this matter but I wouldn't exclude the possibility of everything being planned out from the beginning by all parties involved.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This all reminds me very much of the Yonghong Li situation and Fassone buying time here and there.

I'm still convinced it was a Berlusconi led money laundering scheme.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Idk why people keep putting Kessie and Bennacer on wrong sides in their formations. Pioli swapped them for a reason. It's a big part of why we play so well when they're both on the pitch.

It frustrated me also but I felt like it would make me out to be pedantic for pointing it out, so thanks for doing it for me. It's been almost a year since they switched vs Lazio.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I can't remember enough to have a valid opinion on this matter but I wouldn't exclude the possibility of everything being planned out from the beginning by all parties involved.
That's a possibility, but then again you'd expect something like that not to be done in full daylight and with so many watching right at it.

Like this theory of Berlusconi who orchestrated all of this to wash dirty money. Without being an expert myself I'd say there must be better and more subtile ways than e spectacular overtaking by a Chinese entity with a spectacular spending spree on the mercato followed by a spectacular faulting, with Fassone and Mirabelli as the scapegoats.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt Milan (Elliot) want Mandzukic, two old players in one position is not in our project, unless Pioli and Maldini really insist for his arrival

Well, nobody will complain if Elliott is willing to spend serious money on young striker...

But since we know that's not happening, Mandzu is available and cheap and can be useful

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It frustrated me also but I felt like it would make me out to be pedantic for pointing it out, so thanks for doing it for me. It's been almost a year since they switched vs Lazio.

It needs to be recognized as a stroke of genius by Pioli.
If he didn't swap them our play would be much more static.
They'd have to pass to each other more and would be forced to carry the ball into the attacking 3rd by themselves a lot of the time.
But by swapping them they have much better passing lanes forwards and to the sides and they can stay back for defensive stability.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mamdzukic leadership and experience wise is a no brainer. The question mark is his match form. I guess that's why Maldini and Massara aren't over it already but carefully evaluating.

That said I'm fairly sure that if he comes, his match fitness isn't that bad that he couldn't give a fair amount of contribution for the remainder of the season. M&M aren't dumb.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
That's a possibility, but then again you'd expect something like that not to be done in full daylight and with so many watching right at it.

Like this theory of Berlusconi who orchestrated all of this to wash dirty money. Without being an expert myself I'd say there must be better and more subtile ways than e spectacular overtaking by a Chinese entity with a spectacular spending spree on the mercato followed by a spectacular faulting, with Fassone and Mirabelli as the scapegoats.

I'm not so sure it would've been about money laundry although it possibly could've been, hidden in plain sight. It could also have been for a different reason.

The only victims are a previously unknown chinese business man with God knows what prior predicaments (who might only be a victim in public) and two ex merda sporting directors

Last edited:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tomori looks much more impressive than Simakan in the 20 minutes or so of highlights that I’ve seen. That speed is invaluable, and it’ll be even more magnified in Serie A’s turtle league.

I was never quite sure why Simakan impressed the directors so much, but I can see why Tomori is appealing for sure.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I'm sure Mandzukic rather slap the old bitch and get a trophy in 6 months than throw kettlebells with Bogdan

-
Galliani would find a way to get Hakimi :o

Tomori looks much more impressive than Simakan in the 20 minutes or so of highlights that I?ve seen. That speed is invaluable, and it?ll be even more magnified in Serie A?s turtle league.

I was never quite sure why Simakan impressed the directors so much, but I can see why Tomori is appealing for sure.

There are many good things on Simakan, first of all he was doing great in very young age (19-20), in video you can see that he fights hard, he puts himself in those hard duels, then he also makes last tackles & interceptions in the box, above all he has top 5 tackle success among U23 defenders. Maldini & Pioli were looking for a defender who is good in 1 vs 1 and they saw Simakan as perfect.

As a type of player Simakan would have been the CB we needed, Tomori is like a more experienced version of Kalulu, some improvements (like better aerial duels) but not one of those CBs with high concentration like Simakan.

https://twitter.com/milanomerkez/status/1342190580747677697?s=21

Last edited:

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There are many good things on Simakan, first of all he was doing great in very young age (19-20), in video you can see that he fights hard, he puts himself in those hard duels, then he also makes last tackles & interceptions in the box, above all he has top 5 tackle success among U23 defenders. Maldini & Pioli were looking for a defender who is good in 1 vs 1 and they saw Simakan as perfect.

As a type of player Simakan would have been the CB we needed, Tomori is like a more experienced version of Kalulu, some improvements (like better aerial duels) but not one of those CBs with high concentration like Simakan.

https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/1225414640882024449?s=19

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Can we do a quick heat check...

Barring any injury or suspension, what do we think our strongest lineup is

Assuming there is little debate about

Donna

DC kaj roma Theo

Kessie Benny

What about the attack...

Kalulu

Kalulu Kalulu Kalulu Kalulu

Kalulu Kalulu

Kalulu Kalulu Kalulu

Kalulu

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I see the Kalulu comparison as well. IMO Kalulu is far more impressive than the highlights I?ve seen of Simakan, like not even close, so I?m comfortable with him over Simakan for sure. We might not be able to play Kalulu and Tomori together at CB given their similarities, but Kalulu can play RB too as you?ve said, and we can alternate then with Kjaer or Romagnoli.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I see the Kalulu comparison as well. IMO Kalulu is far more impressive than the highlights I?ve seen of Simakan, like not even close, so I?m comfortable with him over Simakan for sure. We might not be able to play Kalulu and Tomori together at CB given their similarities, but Kalulu can play RB too as you?ve said, and we can alternate then with Kjaer or Romagnoli.

Kalulu the one who was making Destro look like a great player?

I?m sorry but Kalulu was to blame for goals of Lazio, Genoa and Parma. Thats not impressive for a CB. A CB with 1.4 aerials won per game won’t make it at Milan. He will likely become FB.

Simakan is a top young CB.

Last edited:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kalulu the one who was making Destro look like a great player?

I?m sorry but Kalulu was to blame for goals of Lazio, Genoa and Parma. Thats not impressive for a CB. A CB with 1.4 aerials won per game won?t make it at Milan. He will likely become FB.

Simakan is top young CB.

Are you this obtuse or are you trolling?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
There are at least 50 CBs who are winning more aerial duels per 90 min than Kalulu in Serie A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule