Week 37: Milan vs Cagliari 16/05/2021 20:45 CEST

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We really didn’t deserve anything from this game. It’ll haunt me just like Sassuolo did

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yesterday evening when Inter scored 2-2.
From 95% certain of a CL spot

To 25% after this match

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This EL shit will be a hammer blow for us, could bury us for further years to come

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
This EL shit will be a hammer blow for us, could bury us for further years to come

Yes. Not being able to get the players we need because of no CL and no generous ownership...it will be difficult to break out of this mid-table/max 4th place range we find ourselves in...

Today was a fundamental game for us. We aren’t done. But it was fundamental to win today to actually enjoy our last week, get some renewals done maybe...

I also wouldn’t be totally surprised if Maldini leaves if we don?t make it to the CL. It would be another few years of rebuilding. And on and on ...

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I knew this shit was gonna happen. All that math was because I felt we would be in this situation ... Fucking penalty for Cuadrado was the biggest joke I've seen for a long time.

But oh well, if we don't make it this squad will be the biggest chokers I've ever witnessed.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck this!! why don't they let us be happy once just once!!

I'm so gutted

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Come on man.... majority of your post is wrong even when you blame Pioli.
Like of course he should play Diaz since he was a main reason for our last two wins.
Diaz had a bad day so that wasnt on Pioli.

But how many time you need to field Samu for him to play like shit.
I do know Samu today during the last minutes did ok compared to his usual shit show but still it doesnt erase that Samu was shit 99% of previous times.
I mean give Hauge some of Samu's playing time ffs.

Ok Hakan didnt have a good game but why taking him off when you bring in Mandz.
I mean you need some creativity to supply your attack.
Hakan despite having a bad game was sending some good crosses & free kick & a player like Mandz have a chance on those.
Then come Mandz on 89min mark ?!!!!!
I mean wtf.

We are talking playing & subs but how about team preparation which is also on Pioli.
I saw a team with no game plan or preparation what so ever.

He put on Samu to give balance to the formation. Samu actually plays on the sides whereas Brahim is more central, and Samu tracks back to defend. It was the correct substitution to make because it regained the balance. Had he not done that we would have surely conceded a goal on the break.

As for Mandzukic, well I clearly stated that he should have come on earlier. And perhaps he should have started with Ibras absence because it was easy to predict that Cagliari will clog up with lines so you need someone who plays near the last defender and neither rebic nor Leao are that player.

Hakan was atrocious until the end of the game, I too would have taken off Rebic who had a bad game and was in that defeatist mood of his.

As for Bennacer, he took him off because he got a yellow and he is not composed enough to play effectively while holding back. It was the right move and was to be expected considering the recent pattern with him.

I am more disappointed in some of our players who needed ages to get into the game. Theo, Hakan, Rebic these guys should have done better they were too nervous

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
A huge disappointment tonight but we will get all the 3 points from Bergamo. Atalanta will be tired, with nothing to play for. We are so good playing away and they do not park the bus, which makes it easy for us to score. The battle will be in the middle of the field, so as long as Frank and Ismael are on form we will have a chance. Also, Bologna will not be an easy game for Jube. Verona could also surprise us. I am not usually very optimistic but it is not over yet.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Does Heineken still do ads for CL? (I honestly have not seen any cl advertising since Atl?tico Madrid game)

I bought heneiken at half time, thinking of the CL advertisements

Maybe this draw is my fault guys, I was hasty

*update*

It was a 12 pack I bought, I?ve pretty much drank all of them...so we can conclude this bad fengshui thing, now we can win the next game and qualify for cL

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
*update*

It was a 12 pack I bought, I?ve pretty much drank all of them...so we can conclude this bad fengshui thing, now we can win the next game and qualify for cL

Update 2

All of the prematurely bought heinekens have been emptied, drinked and thrown away

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
I want to thank Pioli for everything he has done with this young squad. His time at Milan is done. He will NEVER bring this team to the latter stages of the CL. Dump his ass NOW (with love)!

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Blaming Juve or the refs is silly.
We dropped too many unnecessary points before the Juve game.

And yesterday as well.
If we can't beat a near relegation team when it matters, we aren't ready for the champions league.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
blaming juve or the refs is silly.
We dropped too many unnecessary points before the juve game.

And yesterday as well.
If we can't beat a near relegation team when it matters, we aren't ready for the champions league.
+1

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
The pressing was a joke. We had a two man press with Hakan/Brahim and Rebic and Cagliari could easily play off the press. Everything was wrong yesterday.

I'd even go so far that I'd rather loose 1-0 on a set piece/counter attack but while playing our souls out than a stupid 0-0 draw with yesterdays attitude.

I'm so fucking sick of this team. How the fuck can you go from THAT performance against Juve to this??

To hell with Mandzukic if he was injured. Pioli should have thrown Kj?r of Romagnoli up as targetman if he really wanted to play with crosses. We had Rebic and Castillejo in there..

FuturisticMilan

Primavera
Reaction score
The pressing was a joke. We had a two man press with Hakan/Brahim and Rebic and Cagliari could easily play off the press. Everything was wrong yesterday.

I'd even go so far that I'd rather loose 1-0 on a set piece/counter attack but while playing our souls out than a stupid 0-0 draw with yesterdays attitude.

I'm so fucking sick of this team. How the fuck can you go from THAT performance against Juve to this??

To hell with Mandzukic if he was injured. Pioli should have thrown Kj?r of Romagnoli up as targetman if he really wanted to play with crosses. We had Rebic and Castillejo in there..

This is typical italian football. It is so unlogical. First you outnumber a world class team and then you get outnumbered by a fucking shitty team like Spezia. And on the next week same Spezia lose against Crotone. I just don't want to take football so serious nowadays. I am not sure that things would become better even if we made it to champions league. Just sell the damn team to an arab that wants to invest with a couple of smart directors.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
That fking joke penalty of Cuadrado, fucked this team..

What a disappointment. This should be the night of celebration. But no....

A nothing penalty. And then the the pull on Rebic's shirt stopping him from getting a full jump for the ball is ignored. Var makes no sense sometimes.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I want to thank Pioli for everything he has done with this young squad. His time at Milan is done. He will NEVER bring this team to the latter stages of the CL. Dump his ass NOW (with love)!

The team is not good enough for the latter stages of the CL. It's still somewhat of a surprise that the team is still in contention for CL qualification as I'd say there are five teams (Inter, Atalanta, Napoli, Juventus, Lazio) with better starting XI than Milan's.
That said, being winter champions only to lose out on CL in the last round of the season is inexcusable and if it happens, the way I see it, Pioli needs to go.

While there have been extreme highs with Pioli all of them have practically been evened out by the extreme lows of the past 6 months.

What Milan needs is someone who is tactically flexible, better at game management and knows how to get the job done.

All of the above-mentioned of course becomes irrelevant once the team wins in Bergamo on Sunday.

Forza Milan!

FuturisticMilan

Primavera
Reaction score
A huge disappointment tonight but we will get all the 3 points from Bergamo. Atalanta will be tired, with nothing to play for. We are so good playing away and they do not park the bus, which makes it easy for us to score. The battle will be in the middle of the field, so as long as Frank and Ismael are on form we will have a chance. Also, Bologna will not be an easy game for Jube. Verona could also surprise us. I am not usually very optimistic but it is not over yet.
Nothing to play for? Cagliari didn't have anything to play for as well and we saw what happened. Osasuna had nothing to play for but still made things hard for Atletico.

Atalanta on the other hand is playing for their best spot ever in history + additional price money from Lega and UEFA for ending up being second which will make a difference of about 10 mil euro by ending 2nd instead of 3rd.

Even if they are tired and we play well, you can rest assure that we will get 1-0, playing defensively for the rest of the game, and then see how Atalanta scores in the last minute. Fuck this loser team. Fuck Pioli, fuck Gazidis, fuck pussy curva sud, fuck champions league, fuck italian football and their corruption. I couldn't care less if we lose a CL spot if that means we sack Pioli and Elliott sells the club to some arab. We are the new Arsenal for many years to come.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
A nothing penalty. And then the the pull on Rebic's shirt stopping him from getting a full jump for the ball is ignored. Var makes no sense sometimes.

It?s not VAR it?s the fucking scumbags Jube. It?s an absolute joke and a slap on every ones faces that they can so openly cheat and continue to be ignored for so long after being caught 15 years back and relegated.

Absolute fucking disgrace that Cuadrado penalty and the fact he didn?t even check with VaR because he would?ve had to reverse it then..

Massive respect for Brozovic who cleaned Cuadrado out after this joke.

I hope him and Chiellini receive career ending tackles on the last game from Bologna and I hope these corrupt refs get sent to jail along with the Jube management who I hope get hanged .

Pirlo you?re a fucking cunt aswell - read his book recently and the guy is saying Juve won all the titles on the pitch etc he?s actually praised them so much and not us as much with whom he became the player he will be remembered for. Fuck these pigs all of them.
Our only hope Is in the less corrupt UEFA to ban these motherfuckers for a couple years but that?s unlikely considering they wouldn?t wanna ban Madrid and Barca I guess

Also watch Bologna baby lotion up their assholes and pull their pants down and bend over for Them on the last day.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The reaction on Perisics face said it all in the Cuadrado penalty incident . And within 15 seconds the penalty was ready to be taken wtfff

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
It?s not VAR it?s the fucking scumbags Jube. It?s an absolute joke and a slap on every ones faces that they can so openly cheat and continue to be ignored for so long after being caught 15 years back and relegated.

Absolute fucking disgrace that Cuadrado penalty and the fact he didn?t even check with VaR because he would?ve had to reverse it then..

Massive respect for Brozovic who cleaned Cuadrado out after this joke.

I hope him and Chiellini receive career ending tackles on the last game from Bologna and I hope these corrupt refs get sent to jail along with the Jube management who I hope get hanged .

Pirlo you?re a fucking cunt aswell - read his book recently and the guy is saying Juve won all the titles on the pitch etc he?s actually praised them so much and not us as much with whom he became the player he will be remembered for. Fuck these pigs all of them.
Our only hope Is in the less corrupt UEFA to ban these motherfuckers for a couple years but that?s unlikely considering they wouldn?t wanna ban Madrid and Barca I guess

Also watch Bologna baby lotion up their assholes and pull their pants down and bend over for Them on the last day.

Lol. It?s not Juve?s fault if Milan miss out on CL. It?s not the refs fault.
It?s solely Milan?s fault (Milan being management, coaching staff and players)
Milan have been gifted a lot of penalties this season as well, not all of them have been crystal clear.
There is no conspiracy, just unclear laws and bad interpreters of them.

Also wishing injuries on players :thumbsup:
Real classy post...

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Still can't believe we managed to fuck up this one.

3 - 0 win over the reining champions.
7 - 0 win against Torino who sit at 35 points in the table.
0 - 0 draw against Cagliari who managed an impressive 37 points. Couldn't even manage a shitty 1 - 0 at home..

giphy.gif

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan have been gifted a lot of penalties this season as well, not all of them have been crystal clear.

Also wishing injuries on players :thumbsup:
Real classy post...

Watch the Cuadrado penalty incident again and tell me it?s not fixing .. its not about not being penalty it?s about not even checking var .. yeah I?m obv pissed at what?s happened last round and obv it?s our fault if we don?t make it but those corrupt scumbags been fixing for long time and the impact is catastrophic . It?s not just 1 goal - this can set us back many years again just like it did with the Muntari ghost goal.

If you?re not more pissed and abusive maybe ur not as attached to Milan . My post was Deffo not even close to classy I know it but I have too much hatred and anger for those bastards right now .

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Also wishing injuries on players

Real classy post...
This.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
We should only look at ourselves and some of the pathetic players we have.

Players such as Hakan and Theo are undoubtedly talented but they have the fighting spirit of a baby. They give up instantly. These two should be ashamed of their performances last night. Milan needed leaders, players with fire in their belly's but we have too many soft players. Talent is not enough, you have to have the desire to win. Cagliari have mediocre players but only drew the game due to two fine saves from Dollarumma.

There were so many bad performances. Theo, Hakan, Diaz, Samu, Leao and even Kessie. He just kept giving the ball away.

If we can't manage a win at home to Cagliari we have absolutely no right to be in the CL. The team were an absolute disgrace last night. I don't mind dropping points, I don't mind losing but watching players show no fight and not giving their all in the most important game for this club in a decade was disgraceful.

I hope to never see Hakan, Samu and Leao play for this club again.

Meriano

Primavera
Reaction score
We should only look at ourselves and some of the pathetic players we have.

Players such as Hakan and Theo are undoubtedly talented but they have the fighting spirit of a baby. They give up instantly. These two should be ashamed of their performances last night. Milan needed leaders, players with fire in their belly's but we have too many soft players. Talent is not enough, you have to have the desire to win. Cagliari have mediocre players but only drew the game due to two fine saves from Dollarumma.

There were so many bad performances. Theo, Hakan, Diaz, Samu, Leao and even Kessie. He just kept giving the ball away.

If we can't manage a win at home to Cagliari we have absolutely no right to be in the CL. The team were an absolute disgrace last night. I don't mind dropping points, I don't mind losing but watching players show no fight and not giving their all in the most important game for this club in a decade was disgraceful.

I hope to never see Hakan, Samu and Leao play for this club again.

Sorry but have never been impressed by HAKAN & LEAO talents, just going forward downhead, lacking technic - passe accuracy - drribling, useful drilling by creating some spaces, mostly Chalhanoglu always shooting like a fool, then Ibra arrive and becoming more collective,

But the main problem is that The Staff MALDINI MASSARA & PIOLI in addition of some Milan Fans are satisfied with them, let's close this club one for al

Last edited:

Schedule