Status
Not open for further replies.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Unless we sell a player first nothing will happen until the end of the mercato.

Forget about 3-4 new players.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Kamara seems like a good signing at that price but I’m pretty happy if we can just get Bakayoko for cheap. He has couple years experience of serie a and did pretty well in a double pivot under gattuso when we played 4-4-2 .

Sad about Hauge leaving - he could really become a top top player . Hope Leao can fix his mindset and realise his potential or it would reaaaaally suck

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The more time that passes I think they are waiting to see if Ziyech or Vlasic(or both) become available and I’d bet the backup options are Illicic and James. I think at least one of our top targets will become available under our terms.

But let’s say worst case scenario happens. Pioli can make it work with those guys. James needs to prove he is fit, and if he came we’d have to come up with a way to field him creatively in big matches because he doesn’t run like Hakan. But Krunic will get his minutes, Diaz who people have been down on will get his minutes and should look better(he was very good to close the season, he is learning the team/league), James can offer something different. James scores more than Hakan and he’s probably more useful in those games against small teams that play a low block. After coming in second last season, that issue is only going to get worse and Pioli will have to find a solution. Giroud will help but I think James would too.

Same with illicic. It would be great to find a complete and younger winger but we don’t necessarily need that. We need options. Saele will play and get minutes no matter what. What we need is an option to compliment what he brings, someone who can come off the bench and help in those pesky park the bus teams. That would be immensely valuable, along with him being able to cover multiple attacking positions. Just a little over a year ago he was tearing up the CL knockouts.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Remember the famous "we'll get into CL and we will attract top players immediately".. that hasn't aged well. We even lost some :D

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Remember the famous "we'll get into CL and we will attract top players immediately".. that hasn't aged well. We even lost some :D

to be fair,
Milan did attract top players & talents

But.
Attracting & Acquiring are two different objects

"We even lost some"
Milan indeed LOST one great GK.
But "some" means plural, are you implying that Hakan is a top talent? YOU SIDED WITH VS?

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Bro covid has hurt a lot of other teams, we are not the only team broke. Who outside EPL and PSG has done anything? Why is this so hard for everyone to understand?

You think Madrid is happy they sold Varane and lost Ramos and only brought in Alaba? Juve haggling for Locatelli from Sassuolo? Inter won the league and will only be weaker. Barca can?t afford jack shit.

How you guys forget we?re in a global pandemic every day I will not get it

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
to be fair,
Milan did attract top players & talents

But.
Attracting & Acquiring are two different objects

"We even lost some"
Milan indeed LOST one great GK.
But "some" means plural, are you implying that Hakan is a top talent? YOU SIDED WITH VS?

I just meant we lost some players instead of getting new better ones. And wtf do you mean "sided" with VS lmao, I've been defending Hakan for years, cause I liked his playstyle.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score

We only lost one and btw you are no different than pigeon, trying to insert hakan in every discussion. You need to move on friend, do not be that sour boyfriend.

Hakan is by no mean or shape a top player, only in your mind. Try to be more rational, it?s eating you inside.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Local and Hakan hahagahahaha

Anyway, Maldini clearly said Milan will be able to buy top players after 2-3 years in the CL.

Financialy we lost with $ leaving and Fat pizza pimp beating Maldini but for Kebeb who gives a shit. Sellout orick.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
adf977e8f1d9214a57918e902ff63baf2d9f8f98.jpg

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
We only lost one and btw you are no different than pigeon, trying to insert hakan in every discussion. You need to move on friend, do not be that sour boyfriend.

Hakan is by no mean or shape a top player, only in your mind. Try to be more rational, it?s eating you inside.

my bad bro,
sorry to lost an idol like that

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score

wow, you guys are in a cult :lol: I just replied to the guy that it was not a top / non top discussion, just said we lost 2 players we'd like to keep . It's YOU who is the *sore* boyfriend, I'm not talking about Hakan and you all keep mentioning him in every post. The fact that I KNOW that I did not mean to write that those 2 were top players, and you jumped on it, proves my point. If we lost Dollar and Kjaer or Dollar and Rebic, I'd write the same, but you're all salty so you see what you see. At least I don't pretend that those players werent important for the team. I even get weird everytime I write Diaz is a shitty choice for 10, because butthurt hakan haters might see it as a spiteful post. What next? I'll write someone's ears are ugly and you'll remember hakan? get over him ffs.

Last edited:

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Milan need the Super League to get back to the top. :cry:

Totally. Milan 19/20 season registered 190m losses and that is with half a season of convid. I think losses for 20/21 will be around that figure as well.

If Milan goes by the sustainable route we will have to be in the UCL consistently + option to buy for the next 5 years to be anywhere near break even.

If not we can only pray for a oil tycoon to buy Milan anytime soon or for Milan to do a leeds united to expediate our return to UCL dominance.

Last edited:

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
+1000

I doubt he can be gotten for that price though. That?s a no lose proposition

Last year of contract + refused numerous renewals. 15 m is more than fair and OM will accept a figure around it. They just have no choice. He would be a massive transfer for us and will give us tactical flexibility.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Season starts in 3weeks and couple days

If now is not the time to start mercato stress then when

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Yeah thats true , so far.
But we cant judge that until the mercato is over.
It seems that players wanna join us but we arent ready to pay the price.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Local and Hakan hahagahahaha

Anyway, Maldini clearly said Milan will be able to buy top players after 2-3 years in the CL.

Financialy we lost with $ leaving and Fat pizza pimp beating Maldini but for Kebeb who gives a shit. Sellout orick.
Not replacing Hakan will hurt us more than Donna.
I would honestly go on with Tata if it meant an AM will join.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Without an AM we could also play with Ibra or Leao next to OG in a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1. I‘m convinced we‘ll get one but even if not we would have possibilities.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Season starts in 3weeks and couple days

If now is not the time to start mercato stress then when
I will remain sane for one more week.

Honeymoon is over and my patience is running out.

Status
Not open for further replies.