Group E: SWITZERLAND, ECUADOR, FRANCE, HONDURAS

Which 2 teams will advance out of Group E?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Goal 1-0 Ecuador.

THAT MARKING

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
The marking there made Mexes and Zapata look good.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shaqiri's set pieces...

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
The Swiss look insanely disjointed. I can tell Shaqiri is getting pissed as he's drifting inside more. I fully expect him to absolutely turn into a one man show in the second half. The more I see Rodriguez, the more I want to kidnap him from Wolfsburg. He really is the best LB prospect in the world right now.

Switzerland desperately needs a proper #9.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Caicedo looks like a predator. So badass.

Is that the dude with the crazy hair? I was thinking that myself.

Overall, the Swiss look like they're struggling to find any space. Ecuador look very well disciplined in defence and very, very quick on the counter. Lichtsteiner has struggled.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Swiss has look horrible and Ecuador haven't even played that well.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
1-1 game on!

Again, with the defending from set-pieces.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This has probably been the most uneventful match of the tournament so far. Quite typical of two teams slugging it out for the 2nd place.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ecuador most of the time seems like they can only play well in Quito. Anywhere else, they look horrible.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Behrami with a tackle you couldn't get away with even in Rugby :fp:

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he has been appalling, his passing has been piss poor.

Both him and Inler are just so unimaginative. They have zero ideas going in the midfield apart from Shaqiri.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
really really poor. i fell asleep towards the end of the first half. i was really looking foreword to seeing xhaka but hes been dead. people that want us to sign shakiri:thumbsdown: no presence up front

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
HOW did the Swiss just win that! Fucking hell Ecuador you chokers :fp:

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
This WC gonna have zero draws or what?

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
By far the dumbest thing, I seen from a player in this competition.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
brazil 2014. the shittest match of the tournament ends up with a ridiculous twist. Rodriguez for the swiss, 2 assists from defence defo motm. what was that cb thinking at the end? just stopped playing

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
brazil 2014. the shittest match of the tournament ends up with a ridiculous twist. Rodriguez for the swiss, 2 assists from defence defo motm. what was that cb thinking at the end? just stopped playing

Don't try to rationalise it. They miss a perfectly good chance to win it and then the whole team just falls asleep when the ball goes up the other end.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Thanks switzerland bwahahahaah

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Switzerland deserved the win and Riccardo Rodriguez, just wow. Seldom can a fullback dominate a game, but he certainly did. The officiating thus far has just been atrocious though.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Switzerland deserved the win and Riccardo Rodriguez, just wow. Seldom can a fullback dominate a game, but he certainly did. The officiating thus far has just been atrocious though.

Ditto. On the other hand, Shaquiri was awful as he only can be. Most of Swiss team was bad however I have already watched many times if they play against an inferior team, they play on a really level low and if Switzerland play against a top team, they are ridiculous good.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Shaqiri was Switzerland's only threat up front, but lacked any help. I'm genuinely surprised to have seen Xhaka play so poorly, but him playing in the hole was just silly anyway.

Would really prefer to see Switzerland play a 4-3-3 as the shape changed dramatically throughout and lacked fluidity.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I change my mind. Switzerland won't pull off a dream run without a legit striker. Shaqiri isn't good enough to do it all.

Both Shaqiri and Xhaka seem to have got stuck in their development btw (I hadn't seen much of them last season)..