The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I think Saele will actually start scoring quite a few goals this season, starting today.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I think Saele will actually start scoring quite a few goals this season, starting today.

If he plays a more attacking role like he did when subbed on versus Venezia I can see his G+A contribution go up.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Any Milan fan who hate sugar daddies is a hypocrite.
Our history is 100% sugar daddy coated.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Would you say Tomori could be classed as better for us than Thiago Silva was if he wins the league this year

Hmmm. Might take another season or two. But he most definitely has the potential to eclipse Thiago. He's actually that good.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Its a play thing and a flex to your billionaire friends

and at its core its an investment because value of sports teams is just going to keep going up

i'm sure it's not always like this.

There are many more businesses that would yield a much bigger ROI.

Prestige, connections, ego...

I'm leaning towards this, but a 1 Billion Dollar toy?
i just dont get it maybe because i havent got there yet :lol:

Edit:

i'm trying to rationalize Berlusconi's motive,
My deduction says:
1. His passtion to Milan (and football in general)
2. His political ambition

Last edited:

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers

It's not a hate of sugar daddies. It's complicated
Sugar daddies are good and we had one. But we also produced legends Brought some for alot. Brought some for cheap. Ultimately we fell because the club was not managed properly.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Guys any idea where I can stream or watch the Milan game today in the UK? Any good English commentary links welcome

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
I dont know why would any businessman buy a sports club.

All i can think of is a money launder and nothing else

Its just a really expensive toy.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Guys any idea where I can stream or watch the Milan game today in the UK? Any good English commentary links welcome

Just check the match thread 10-15m before KO and there will be English streams

Hopefully a BT one rather than Bonetti

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Its just a really expensive toy.

FAD0aBeUYAg-QCd

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban

Not 100% bro, but the point stands.

Btw, have you seen Adli in his last game? Mamma mia... killed it

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
i'm sure it's not always like this.

There are many more businesses that would yield a much bigger ROI.

I'm leaning towards this, but a 1 Billion Dollar toy?
i just dont get it maybe because i havent got there yet :lol:

Edit:

i'm trying to rationalize Berlusconi's motive,
My deduction says:
1. His passtion to Milan (and football in general)
2. His political ambition

Switch 1 and 2...

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, legendary personality in the football world and striker currently at AC Milan, spoke to the microphones of SportWeek of La Gazzetta dello Sport:

On AC Milan team:
“When I arrived and asked in the locker room how many had played a match in the Champions League, a couple of players raised their hands. I thought it was a joke … But the goal was the Champions League and winning the Scudetto, I was not successful on that, but we came close. Then, we finished second. It is not only thanks to me, we did a great job all together. The teammates, even the young and inexperienced ones, understood what it takes to get where we arrived last May, but also that something is missing to finish first. We are all working a lot on this.”

On how to overcome fatigue:
“When fatigue comes in the game, the head is not always there, you have to make decisions quickly and it is easy to make mistakes at that point. You think slowly. I wanted something that would help me in a few minutes to keep concentration. I had seen on TV Tiger Woods playing with a chewing gum in his mouth, the commentator said he needed to keep hunger down. And I realized what I needed: I can’t walk around the field with the bottle, but I can with a chewing-gum. Now in the Milan locker room they are selling like hot cakes. I take it before the game and keep it until it loses its flavour.”

Ibrahimovic commented on the state of his condition and body:
“When I was young I just played, even if I had a tendon pain, like today. I wanted to win and score, that’s all. With time and experience, I discovered my mentality. And I realized how important it is that you must communicate with your body. Here, now my head is fine, but my physical body is getting old, the head can’t always keep up with it and it’s a problem … This year I have to listen to my body which sends every little signal to me. Only in this way can I avoid consequences worse. And to play, as I want, all the games with continuity. Not like last year. I have to carry my body with me every day and listen to it. Think day by day, slowly. But, I must also think that I am not superman.”

On his friendship with Tennis player Novak Djokovic:
“His crisis in New York? It’s never easy to digest such a disappointment. Nole (Dojokovic) played so well and won all year. Then, in the final step, something was missing, it happens. Nole remains incredible.”

@MilanReports

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

BT has it in the UK if you have BT Sport, I believe. Else match thread as someone said 20-30 min before game I'll share Pingu special streams.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah Milan was a sugar baby but it only took us 3 years to win a UCL under Berlu and in a much stronger era.

We built different in comparison to PSG and City.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
BT has it in the UK if you have BT Sport, I believe. Else match thread as someone said 20-30 min before game I'll share Pingu special streams.

Great yeah thanks I usually watch games on BT however there?s some sort of shit embargo that they can?t show any non British games before 5.15pm on a Saturday-shit rule that needs looked at

markony

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Would you say Tomori could be classed as better for us than Thiago Silva was if he wins the league this year

Tomori is very close to Silva, pretty much the same efficiency technicaly wise. Though Silva is more elegant player with incredible passing ability for a CB. Tomori is a bit quicker, maybe. It's a tigh for me, they are close to equal.

Really happy we got Tomori. He's monster.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Great yeah thanks I usually watch games on BT however there?s some sort of shit embargo that they can?t show any non British games before 5.15pm on a Saturday-shit rule that needs looked at

Forgot that rule existed. :lol: Charge a ton of money a month and can't even show certain games.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Sugar state is different.

Qatar is different.

If the playing field would be level it wouldnt matter. But since the rules for chosen clubs are different we have a problem.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
i think that's the only way to send this league back up...people of a different mentality (business & cultural) to force change...
i was saying a while back we need a few more to buy clubs, then the Genoa news dropped...Genoa was exactly the club i had in mind... decent appeal and all to be attractive but seem the owner was just content to be in serie A.

the groundwork for serie A to rise again is being done. silently. it's at phase one, Acquisition of clubs.
hopefully in the next 2-3 years, we get 10-12 clubs in serie A (along with other in lower leagues) owned by people who want to improve this product. so they can federate their power and match or even overpower the Lotitos and Agnellis who i believe have too much influence on how and by who the league is ran (in a stagnant, non progressive manner...regressive even)

Serie A has a plenty of potential but it is the italian 'short sighted' way of doing things that have been restricting their own growth. But at the moment there are definitely positive signs.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Last edited:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah Milan was a sugar baby but it only took us 3 years to win a UCL under Berlu and in a much stronger era.

We built different in comparison to PSG and City.
We are not talking results here , we are talking definitions.
Milan , Inter , ManCity , PSG , Chelsea = sugar daddy.

Even back then i used to ask for something close to our current way of thinking.
Always said smart spending is better than having loads of money with an idiot like G in charge.
But Mancity module isnt as stupid as many of you think.
Only reason that they didnt win two CLs already is Pep who is on the other hand the reason why they dominated the league as much.
But they have a great structure & good foundations with youth academy in its core.
PSG on the other hand :fp:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Was reading Milan twitter and it's really curious how Milan fans are always waiting for a super rich owner who will spend the GDP of a small country in transfer markets and put us back to not care about books or financial restraints like it's possible and it's the divine right of the club. I guess the Berlusconi years left a mark in the club culture but man, it's been so many years of counter exemples now and it seems people learned nothing.

It's even more weird cause there's a very good management in Milan right now proving how key it's to be competent and not just throw money at the club.

Yup.
I've been dreaming about this kind of management, business model and football since the Mondadori fine, and to a lesser extent the Kaka sale.
It's finally here, but people want to throw it all away for another gamble.

Some fans have no interest and therefore also no clue about the business aspect of football. They're the type who'll shout "who cares if he gets 12m net, it's not my money".
We've all been that type if we supported Berlusconi's Milan in the 80s, 90s or 00s. But sooner or later you'll have to adapt and find joy in sustainability, competent management, great scouting. Personally, I'm way over the reckless sugar daddy model. It doesn't appeal to me at all anymore.

No. We should harrash fpp as hard as possible. We only behind madrid for most succesful club ever, we have the right to do so. Tbh this club should ve owned by most rich person in the world.

:fp:

FFP is not the main obstacle.

Berlusconi and Moratti didn't sell because of FFP.
They were among the owners who pushed for FFP.
Expenses had gone out of hand.
Not even billionaire owners could keep up with the state owned clubs.

But Qatar isn't a safe bet either. They could also lose interest and leave you in the mud. Just ask Malaga fans.

The business and management side of football has evolved. Adapt, or stay in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.