• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Anybody have a idea which CB we will buy?

- Linked heavily to Rodrigo Caio.
- Recently linked to Benatia.
- Linked Stefan Savic, Bailly and Thiago Silva. None of these seem likely at this moment.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Benatia is probably the best of the lot. Silva is great but his age, wages etc are a problem.
Stefan Savic used to be good..not sure how good/bad he is these days.

Caio I don't know.

Bailly sucks.

Benatia for 15m is a no brainer.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't like benatia but definitely sign him up, it would be idiotic not to.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
We really in for Benatia? Robbing them of two good CBs and handing them a walking calamity within 6 months seems like a reasonable deal.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Yup.. Juve defence is a huge mess. We are criticized widely for our inability to keep clean sheets, but Juve is as bad in certain ways. Their defence gets under pressure far less number of times than the other teams in the league. But the proportion of errors they make when under pressure seems as bad as us.

Like say they get under pressure 7 times in a match, 1 out of 7 they let goals in. We get under pressure 25 times in a match and we let in 2 goals.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
i think mr is a precious creature that needs taken care of

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pato - molto bene. Healthy Pato > current Cutrone. I love the kid but he is waaaay too raw. He needs another season to grow and improve his ball control which is ridiculous at times.
Higuain just a bit behind Pato would be a great attacking power

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
agreed.. Pato is still top top striker in chinese league

:lol:

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zlatan has confirmed to swedish tv that milan are interested in him.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Pato - molto bene. Healthy Pato > current Cutrone. I love the kid but he is waaaay too raw. He needs another season to grow and improve his ball control which is ridiculous at times.
Higuain just a bit behind Pato would be a great attacking power

Pato in his whole career has never scored over 15 goals/ season. His record after leaving Milan is average as fuck.

Crutone > current healthy Pato. What potential he had is long gone by now.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pato in his whole career has never scored over 15 goals/ season. His record after leaving Milan is average as fuck.

Crutone > current healthy Pato. What potential he had is long gone by now.

You know it's hard to score 20+ goals when you miss half of each season, right? According to transfermarkt, he has not been out with injury since November 2016 which is 2 years exactly, so he must be considered healthy now.

I do not know who Crutone is, but Cutrone apart from his finishing and positioning in the box is terrible. His passing, guarding of the ball and dribbling are just :fp: Just rewatch the Udinese game and you will see him losing EASY balls at least 6-7 times. He may become a real world-class striker one day, but he needs to improve A LOT.

Last edited:

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Pato was as talented as any 17/18 year old I’ve ever seen, the sky really was the limit for him. As a kid he was banging in goals from everywhere and against quality opposition too.

Shame injuries killed his career, I also believe work ethic also killed his career. Always had relapses with injuries it was so frustrating at that time. However he was still a massive player for us in those years, I’m sure he scored around 70 goals for Milan (cbf looking for actual stat). He was one of my very favourite players at Milan especially when Kaka left for Madrid he was our great white hope.

Then Leo threw him on a wing and had Borriello as striker :fp:

Anyway I’d love him back, Pato and Ibra are always welcomed back at Milan for me. Perhaps Pato has more upside then Ibra due to his age. Either way I’m happy, bring one of them please Leo!

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/ljNF0Z0AMdc

He still has it..
And that long shoots... Hakan, boja, and kessie can learn how to pull that kind of shoot..

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk
IMO, MLS defending is light-years ahead of this. The amount of space he has at every shoot is ridiculous. I think even Bonaventura would score all of them if he had the amount of time given to take a proper shot Pato gets in that video. There is no pressure at all. I have my doubts that we would see Pato score like that in Serie A.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yup.. Juve defence is a huge mess. We are criticized widely for our inability to keep clean sheets, but Juve is as bad in certain ways. Their defence gets under pressure far less number of times than the other teams in the league. But the proportion of errors they make when under pressure seems as bad as us.

Like say they get under pressure 7 times in a match, 1 out of 7 they let goals in. We get under pressure 25 times in a match and we let in 2 goals.

The actual stats for shots faced per game is 11.5 for us and 8.8 for them in Serie A.
We are 5th and they are 1st in that aspect.
They conceded 8 goals and are 2nd (behind Inda) in that regard (least goals conceded), so they deviate a little bit from their shots conceded ranking.
We conceded 14 and are 12th in least goals conceded. So 5th least shots conceded, but 12th least goals conceded. That's a little bigger deviation.
Or if you want, 0.11 goals conceded per shot for us, and 0.08 for them.
I admit that I can't find the individual errors that lead to goals stats, but i did find the unsuccessful touches and dispossessed stats.
Jube is 1st in least unsuccessful touches per game.
We are 4th.
Dispossessed they are 10th, we are 16th.
Looking at this we are definitely a lot worse.
And don't give me that "stats can be made to look like anything you want" line.
I don't watch Jube games so I don't know exactly what mistakes they make. But they're still dominating the league.
I do watch every minute of our games tho. And we have serious problems eating goals way too easily

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
IMO, MLS defending is light-years ahead of this. The amount of space he has at every shoot is ridiculous. I think even Bonaventura would score all of them if he had the amount of time given to take a proper shot Pato gets in that video. There is no pressure at all. I have my doubts that we would see Pato score like that in Serie A.

Brazilian players in Chinese league would tear mls apart. Downplaying the league does not mean the players there are bad.

Every league is unique and Chinese league is way way behind many leagues but there are premium foreign players in the Chinese league.

I wouldn’t pay much attention to the mls defending considering Giovinco is the new maradona in that league.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Bonucci fans making fun of pato. I don’t blame them they didn’t see him play. They were too young and raw to remember :lol:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score

Same for Brazilian league games :lol:

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bonucci fans making fun of pato. I don’t blame them they didn’t see him play. They were too young and raw to remember :lol:

Haha Pato was a star, possibly top 5 favourite ever. I just loved that kid :cry:

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

If Pato is back to even 60% of his old self he would be amazing! It's like when Ronaldo r9 came back to play with Real Madrid and again started destroying. The talent and skills don't just disappear.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
january and summer are going to be the "final" big revamp of this club.

3 really solid players in each mercato is what i fully expect, and Leonardo gave only a wry smile when pressed by mrnews about this inside information.

we're looking at many exits, and approx 6 more high quality signings by next season

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Benatia? Is Milan a serious club or not? If it is a serious club then its better to have serious football players from serious football playing countries... no?

Look, I'm a minority, and I'm not a crab... if one day there is a player good enough to play for Milan from Ind/Pak I'd be proper proud of that but in 2018 nobody is ready from that part of the world to play at Milan. I have the same thoughts on Turkey, Switzerland, and Morocco.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Ziyech is Moroccan and he shits on all our midfielders. Same as benatia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule