Quarter final: Germany 1-1 Italy (6-5 after penalties) - 2 July 2016 21:00 CET

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Insigne played less than 500 mins in total for the NT. "ALWAYS" :lol:

Hating on a real GOAT like Sarri is pathetic.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Poli was the xfactor missing in mid field. :thumbsup:
RT5AEgL.gif

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
It got him to a quarter when he was expected to be rekt by Belgium .

There is no team in Italy , no permutation or combination to have put up a bigger fight against Germans than what he did apart from veratti and marchisio. The fact that he took Germany this far, all of whose players are far superior, experienced and come from much better teams means this is the absolute best Italy had on offer.

Insigne is an inconsistent little mental midget. He has failed for Italy. ALWAYS. Elder was much better choice. Insigne is also overrated as fook on this forum along with most Napoli players and Sarri. He isn't special and be didn't fit the pressing game. He should be glad he was taken.

I didn't expect italy to get rekt by belgium.. Italy always does better as underdogs, that is a known fact.

For what it is he got the best out of those average players, which he chose in the first place. And in fact only conte could achieve that with exactly those type of players. But I BELIEVE that a better coach could have achieved the same result, had he started some of the benched players and some of those who didn't get picked.

----

About the match... imo he failed with the subs. He had game changers (i am aware that you don't agree) on the bench, he should have introduced them earlier.

My point is just like he was praised for those impressive wins, he should also somewhat be blamed for this loss.

----
So a winger with 12 goals and 10 assists is overrated. Hmm What did eder exactly do last year to deserve a starting spot

Fak english

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
should have brought totti, hed have penenka neuer

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Because that's what they did every game? Pointless nitpicking. Yes the system had his flaws but this was an epic Italia side, the games against Belgium and especially Spain are big accomplishments and I feel by eliminating Spain and not Germany we could have decided the outcome of the tournament or at least had an important role in it. Eder and Giaccherini did their role well.

The game against Belgium? Wales beat Belgium, OK. The game against Spain is probably Contes's Italy signature win but not against a Belgium team that has been extremely overrated even before the wc2014.

Xelcuk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nocerino, Poli, Kucka, Antonelli, Ely, Bonaventura, Bertolacci
İnsigne is the only player who can replace Ribery without any problem. Direct, quick and great dribbler. l really want him at Bayern.

Btw, italy was really weak for us. Our 3-5-2 made things harder for us. in normal conditions, we can beat italy easily.

Xelcuk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
l'm really happy now.

We are in semi final and italy is going to their home. :lol::lol::lol:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I didn't expect italy to get rekt by belgium.. Italy always does better as underdogs, that is a known fact.

For what it is he got the best out of those average players, which he chose in the first place. And in fact only conte could achieve that with exactly those type of players. But I BELIEVE that a better coach could have achieved the same result, had he started some of the benched players and some of those who didn't get picked.

Who is that fairy and where can Milan sign him?

About the match... imo he failed with the subs. He had game changers (i am aware that you don't agree) on the bench, he should have introduced them earlier.

My point is just like he was praised for those impressive wins, he should also somewhat be blamed for this loss.

Lolno. He got knocked out by Germany. Not Wales. History aside, he was expected to get knocked out. He was expected to get knocked out vs Spain as well. You don't get blamed for losing to a superior team. He was never in a winning position either that some judgement in tactics cost him the game.

So a winger with 12 goals and 10 assists is overrated. Hmm What did eder exactly do last year to deserve a starting spot

Because he isn't playing for Napoli to score 12 goals and 10 assists for starters.

But the main point is they didn't have to do anything last season. Deschamps said it best when dropping Nasri for the world cup , "a national team isn't made of the best 23 players but the most functioning 23 players".

Germany was going to have the bulk of the possession today. That meant Italy's pressing would have to be top notch in both attack and defense. No way was insigne going to play an up tempo pressing game.

He was brought on late because Germany were tired and hummels was on a yellow. That was the best time insigne could make a difference - running at tired German legs. Tired because they were kept on their toes by some good pressing from eder, giach and pelle.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
İnsigne is the only player who can replace Ribery without any problem. Direct, quick and great dribbler. l really want him at Bayern.

Right.... Because bayern replaced Ribery with someone who isn't direct , quick, and a great dribbler.

maxresdefault.jpg

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Best coach ever. People just hate him cause he is a juventino. Give him a 10 mil per year salary and bring him here. He is worth it.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I admire a lot of you guys' patience at trying to educate Qaas.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
For the second Euros in a row, Italia win the best meme contest

tumblr_o9pkoekP6d1qz6z2wo1_540.gif

u1Q6jOR.gif

4S6G9Eb.gif

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Open Letter To Conte

Dear Mr. Antonio Conte,

As you awaken this morning, I can hardly imagine what you are feeling. I could not imagine you have awoken with a smile on your face, as anything less than total victory suffices in your eyes. But, perhaps you’ve achieved something far greater and far more meaningful in the grande scheme of things. You turned arguably the most pessimistic group of people in the world, the Italians, into a unified and believing fan base in such a manner that we may never again see.

I, myself, was a member of the doubters, at one point I had even said that you should resign. In retrospect, the underwhelming performances against teams like Malta, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria or England. Maybe it was the squad selection that left everybody from the peninsula scratching their heads. But in the end, after two years of work, the final product was there. You chose and crafted 23 men who would run through a brick wall or storm the gates of hell without question – and probably do it with a smile.

You personify grinta. I don’t believe there is a way you can translate that word into another language other than by showing somebody a 30 second video of you on the touchline. I could hardly imagine what it was like in training. You have your ways, and with three Scudetti, a Coppa Italia, and a heroic European Championship to show for it, very few now will be able to question it with merit.

Throughout this tournament, your men used key words in the interviews such as “unity, spirit, passion, brothers, faith,” the list goes on. We haven’t seen an Italy side this bonded together in a very long time. We witnessed the transformation of several players into gladiators. More so, astounding, is the fact that you did all of this in only a few weeks.

In the end, we conceded two goals in five matches and beat the champions of Europe and took the champions of the world deep into penalties. There’s no question, you turned water into fine wine and won the hearts of every Azzurri fan from across the globe. You did it all your way, through all the doubt, disgust and utter confusion of the media and fans alike. The best compliment I could give you is, you proved everybody wrong.

The future for the Nazionale is at a bit of a crossroads. Many new players are needed to bring back the quality needed to beat the best, and a new era is incoming for the Azzurri. The one thing I hope that is not lost or forgotten from this arduous march that you led for two years is the sacrifice and unity you bred into this side. Perhaps in two years time, with the same attitude and new players, we can say in the end, ‘you were victorious’.
http://www.italianfootballdaily.com/open-letter-antonio-conte-2/

Best italian manager out there after Carlo and Sarri. Takes a massive dump on the fraud from livorno.

Xelcuk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Right.... Because bayern replaced Ribery with someone who isn't direct , quick, and a great dribbler.

maxresdefault.jpg

We need another top quality winger. İnsigne on the left, D.Costa/Coman on the right, Robbery on the bench would be good.

İnsigne is better finisher than D.Costa.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
We need another top quality winger. İnsigne on the left, D.Costa/Coman on the right, Robbery on the bench would be good.

trust Carlo

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

Considering bundesliga is Bayern's feeder league , the best winger u could think of was insigne? :lol:

Please. Draxler or Reus would be way better.

The point is moot, however. Carlo doesn't play with wingers and I doubt bayern will.
========

The day bayern start raiding players from Napoli is the day they have given up on ambition.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
When it's a trench war of this quality, it's beautiful to watch.

Not every game have to look like this, but a football connoisseur enjoys these games as well.

I agree. But can't mask it as some sort of spectacle.

Xelcuk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Considering bundesliga is Bayern's feeder league , the best winger u could think of was insigne? :lol:

Please. Draxler or Reus would be way better.

The point is moot, however. Carlo doesn't play with wingers and I doubt bayern will.
========

The day bayern start raiding players from Napoli is the day they have given up on ambition.

This is why l said l want İnsigne, not Bayern wants him.

Draxler is inconsistent, Reus is counter attack player. Sane is German Robinho. They are not good enough for us.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Proud of the team despite the loss. I just feel frustrated that we didn't have players - or even just a player - available who would have made a difference tonight - Verratti, Marchisio or even De Rossi. No shame in getting knocked out on penalties to a practically full strength Germany.

A full strength Germany would include Khedira, Lahm and Reus/Götze. Also Höwedes wouldn't be in a full strength Germany, and the same might go for Kimmich, Hector. However these last two might be great potentials for the future, along with Draxler and some other youngsters.

Last edited:

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Who is that fairy and where can Milan sign him?

Lolno. He got knocked out by Germany. Not Wales. History aside, he was expected to get knocked out. He was expected to get knocked out vs Spain as well. You don't get blamed for losing to a superior team. He was never in a winning position either that some judgement in tactics cost him the game.

Because he isn't playing for Napoli to score 12 goals and 10 assists for starters.

But the main point is they didn't have to do anything last season. Deschamps said it best when dropping Nasri for the world cup , "a national team isn't made of the best 23 players but the most functioning 23 players".

Germany was going to have the bulk of the possession today. That meant Italy's pressing would have to be top notch in both attack and defense. No way was insigne going to play an up tempo pressing game.

He was brought on late because Germany were tired and hummels was on a yellow. That was the best time insigne could make a difference - running at tired German legs. Tired because they were kept on their toes by some good pressing from eder, giach and pelle.

Khedira and gomes getting injured that early in the game was unexpected, and conte didn't take advantage of it. You saw how germany were under control when they took the tempo up and scored the goal , luckily for italy gomez got injured. So really he was in a position to do some tactical changes, if he didn't settle for penalties the moment they equalised.

He played exactly the same way even against the likes of irland and sweden. Are swedens midfield that much better than italys, lol.
I give him that he tactically outplayed the belgium coach (one of the worst coach in the tournament). Though It was easier to play against spain as their off the ball movements were almost nonexistent. It was like watching the post barca team without messi.

Anyway this discussion is turning out to be pointless. We simply don't agree..
The only thing i have to say is, congrats to him for getting the best out of eder, giaccherini and pelle.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I admire a lot of you guys' patience at trying to educate Qaas.

Oh please educate me about matri and how he makes space for his other teammates. Or maybe about gallianis genius transfer deals.

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
Big props to conte!! Always rated him highly. I very much enjoyed all of italy's games. Italian tactics at its best!!!

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Lottery in a shootout.
Surprising to see a couple of poor German penalties.
Germany better go on and win it now.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy