SAPL Discussion Thread

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
Week 31 results have been posted, a lot of low scores this week, necromancer top scored with 8, well done.

Week 32 matchups for the SAPL CL

Group 1:
AC_Wesley v SHEVA-7
milanist v acm55
johnnyys v ulladullau
Mexes5 BYE

Group 2:
Chepchugov v necromancer
Berlusconi v Mozack
Azzurrii-08 v seveners
Fusiproe12 BYE

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
Week 32 results have been posted, johnnyys top scored with 13 (can you please not do it when I have to play you :D )

Week 33 matchups for the SAPL CL

Group 1:
milanist v Mexes5
johnnyys v SHEVA-7
ulladullau v acm55
AC_Wesley BYE

Group 2:
Berlusconi v Fusiproe12
Azzurrii-08 v necromancer
seveners v Mozack
Chepchugov BYE

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
Week 33 results are now up, congrats to Fusiproe12 and johnnyys who top scored with 9.

The group stage has finished in the "Champions League"
Quarter Final first legs are as follows:

Chepchugov v acm55
Fusiproe v Mexes5
johnnyys v necromancer
ulladullau v seveners

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
Week 34 results have been posted, Berlusconi smashed everyone with a top score of 14, next closest scored 7. Well done!

SAPL Champions League Quarter Final second legs are as follows:

acm55 v Chepchugov
Mexes5 v Fusiproe
necromancer v johnnyys
seveners v ulladullau

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
Another week bites the dust, only 3 left now :eek:

Fusiproe12 and johnnyys top scored with 11.

We are up to the semi-final stage of the SAPL Champions League. johnnyys, seveners, Chepchugov and Fusiproe12 are still in the running.

Good Luck

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
Azzurrii-08 top scored this week with 11, two rounds to go, can johnnyys be caught?

Semi Final matchups in the SAPL Champions League (Leg 2) are:
Chepchugov v johnnyys
Fusiproe v seveners

johnnyys

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Chepchugov,obviously u copied virtually all ma predictions. Well,goodluck to you and the other finalist. @ Ulladullau,how wuld d calculations b like(season bets plus d champions' league),would d scores b added to d usual rankings? (I hope d winners are calld up for AC Milan's soccer trial...lol)

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
Week 37 results are up, Fusiproe12 had a great round scoring 15, making his way to the "Champions League" Final against Chepchugov.

@johnnyys. I did envisage some situations where leg 1 winners could copy opponents tips and thought about a few extra rules to avoid the situation. In the end I decided to let it slide as I thought it would be too painful to implement. Next season I will do a poll of the players to decide the best "rule".
The current leaderboard is totally up to date including Champions League bonuses (which is 2 extra points for a win and 1 point for a draw). Season bets will be added after next week, and there is still the Coppa Italia final to go.

Chepchugov

Reggaeboys
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Gascoigne, Paolo Maldini, Aritz Aduriz
Chepchugov,obviously u copied virtually all ma predictions. Well,goodluck to you and the other finalist. @ Ulladullau,how wuld d calculations b like(season bets plus d champions' league),would d scores b added to d usual rankings? (I hope d winners are calld up for AC Milan's soccer trial...lol)

Yes, I used the copy - paste :D, it's the best tactics. No way I could win over you otherwise. I think it's not against the rules. Anyway, you are going to win the SAPL this year, I'm just messing around.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I had a chance to do the same to johnnyys after I won my first leg quarter. Decided not to and went differently in only one prediction :o

I went for a 2-0, Johnnyys had a 3-1, score was exactly 3-1.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
I had a chance to do the same to johnnyys after I won my first leg quarter. Decided not to and went differently in only one prediction :o

I went for a 2-0, Johnnyys had a 3-1, score was exactly 3-1.

:thumbsup:

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Week 37 results are up, Fusiproe12 had a great round scoring 15, making his way to the "Champions League" Final against Chepchugov.

:beer:

Congratulations to Chepchugov and good luck for the final :smileani:

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
sorry Chepchugov, but....

4a8c46b248d72d355705910428bbcf6f.jpg

:tongue:

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
Scores for Week 38 and also for season bets have been posted.

necromancer top scored with 9 in round 38
seveners and David top scored with 21 in the season bets
Well done guys!

Congratulations to Fusiproe12 who won the Final of the SAPL Chanmpions League with a 6-3 victory over Chepchugov!!

There is one more game to predict, the Coppa Italia Final. Johnnyys is leading seveners by 3 points...we could have dual champions...

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
Forgot to mention that the result for the Coppa Italia will be taken after 120 minutes NOT 90 (We will have already won by then :D )

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
After johnnyys' Juve win prediction, seveners can only win by going for a diff result. Will be the sweetest victory if he can pull it off.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
After johnnyys' Juve win prediction, seveners can only win by going for a diff result. Will be the sweetest victory if he can pull it off.

Sweetest victory if our Milan can pull it of :D

johnnyys

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Sweetest victory if our Milan can pull it of :D

Lol...that was a difficult choice u made(and u know it). I could play like Chepchugov if i want,but i just want to be JOHNNYYS. I like your tactics though. Goodluck to whoever wins man.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lol...that was a difficult choice u made(and u know it). I could play like Chepchugov if i want,but i just want to be JOHNNYYS. I like your tactics though. Goodluck to whoever wins man.

:thumbsup:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Congrats to Fusiproe 12 and johnnyys for winning SAPL 15/16, well done guys!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well done champs!

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
Final Leaderboard has been posted.
Congratulations to johnnyys who is the winner this season, seveners came in second and Azzurrii-08 third.
Also congrats to Fusiproe12 who took out the inaugural "SAPL Champions League"

Thanks everyone for playing this season, I hope you all do again next time. Enjoy the summer (or winter if you live in the bottom half of the world), an interesting mercato coming up!

Last edited:

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
That was another fun SAPL season! Congratulations Johnnyy's for winning! :D

Thank you ulladullau for all your great work once again! :thumbsup:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Final Leaderboard has been posted.
Congratulations to johnnyys who is the winner this season, seveners came in second and Azzurrii-08 third.
Also congrats to Fusiproe12 who took out the inaugural "SAPL Champions League"

Thanks everyone for playing this season, I hope you all do again next time. Enjoy the summer (or winter if you live in the bottom half of the world), an interesting mercato coming up!

Thanks for another great work man!
See you next season

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
Welcome back to another season of the SAPL.
Who is going to knock johnnyys of the top off the perch and steal his green letters?? With three wins in the last four seasons he is going to be hard to beat.

I have posted the first week of games earlier this season, hopefully we can get some more regular participants this time around.

The seasons bets thread has also been posted, everyone has until kickoff of the first game of Week 3 to post their predictions.

Good luck to everyone!! :)

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I will aim to improve my 5th place to top 3 this season. EL is okay, but CL is my natural habitat :o