The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Meite to Milan TV:

“A tough match against a good team. We went through but we know we didn’t have a good match. We are happy with qualification but we know we need to do more. We played a lot of games, it’s not easy to play every three days. There is a little tiredness. We have a good group, we must have the right mentality to go forward. He is French like me, communication is easier. We help each other a lot and we talk to help the team.”

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
To be fair, Krunic wasn't that bad in either leg and won the PK today. But yes, otherwise I agree. Shame he was left out of EL list. My only concern is that he looked lost in his last few appearances, so imagine that coupled with how we play now? Doesn't sound fun.

we needed extra midfielders! :lol: and "rest"

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Krunic to Milan TV:

On advancing to the next round: “This is the most important thing, it must give us the confidence that was lacking a little. We are not happy with the game, but the important thing was to pass the turn.”

On Red Star: “They had more days to prepare it, they have all the time to prepare games like this. Unfortunately, there was less space today but the important thing is to have advanced to the next round. It must give us confidence, on Sunday we have the possibility to win a great match.”

On Sunday’s match against Roma: “After a couple of not as good results as we expected, a victory can give us confidence. We must try to do our best and prepare the match well.”

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
I blame Alessios fall on Mancini. Anyone would be demoralized with Acerbi and Bonucci starting over you :lol:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Pioli to Sky Sport Italia:

“The team might be young, but it has a mature mentality. Clearly, we are not in our best period of form. The many victories gave us energy and confidence, so now those elements are lacking a little bit. It’s a pity we didn’t control the situation better, with a little more precision in our passing and our choices, but the important thing was to qualify against a team that caused us problems over both legs. In the first leg, we stopped looking for the third goal and rested on our laurels. We didn’t do that this time, we had the chances with Rebic and Ibrahimovic. At this level, it’s about details and the tiniest margins can make a big difference.”

“If we think about our season, it’s still full of positivity. The season doesn’t end here, winning the Europa League does give you a place in the Champions League. We are making more mistakes and aren’t as solid as we were in the past, but it’s a very important stepping stone and it’s crucial that we managed to get through. I do think perhaps there’s some psychological fatigue more than physical, as we started the campaign in the preliminary rounds. I try to stay with my lads throughout the game, give them the right boost, but they are a responsible side and perhaps they are starting to feel the pressure. They shouldn’t, because we are having a remarkable campaign and going through difficult moments will help us become stronger in future. In the past, we were able to control the game more, pass it out from the back, create chances quickly in attack. Now the slow movement is seeing us get stretched out more. I think it’s partly because opponents know us more now, partly we aren’t moving as quickly. We need to dominate the match more, make more co-ordinated movements and more aggressively shaking off our markers.”

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
You need to stop letting posters in this forum live rent free in your head.

PS I don't care what you think of me.

dalot > kalulu

bait

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Not getting the vibe I want from those two interviews. Sounds like doubt is creeping into the heads of the boys.

They need to get back to winning.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Krunic and Miete should not be able to speak for Milan......EVER!!!

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
I don't like Pioli speaking of UCL through winning EL. Sounds like he gave up on top 4 like dcfcfan and rossonero1

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Krunic and Miete should not be able to speak for Milan......EVER!!!

They are bought as a mediocre player to fill the holes. They are not the problem. You have Captain Romanjoli who plays like shit ,and everyone in defence is not safe.
You have coach who don't have the balls to bench him,and a coach who obviously started to crumble when he experience few losses in short period of time.
Our attack is clearly not working, confidence that team had in the begining is gone. Add to that few players are out of form and opponent that now know that we are vulnerable to high pressing and you have few really bad results.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
confidence issues, we need 2-3 convincing wins in a row to start clicking again

That is an issue, but I think it's yet another symptom of the lack of stability and continuity. The injuries, suspensions, COVID and rotations for EL has deprived the team of it. We see a new lineup every game. We've seen like 7 different CB pairs in the last months, and now the fans are asking for an 8th(Kjaer-Tomori). At least 9 different double pivots.
Dalot switching between flanks. A different front 4 in every game.

We lack cohesion and organization in all phases and that should be no surprise when you look at the lineups game by game.
Hakan, Rebic and Saele are the type with an incredibly low floor without continuity.
Meite, Dalot, Tonali, Krunic, Samu and Saele aren't exactly the type that can make up for poor organization.

We see how much Liverpool are struggling this season due to injuries, COVID and the schedule. They might not even make Top 6, with a squad full of experienced, world class players that are used to competing for and winning titles and a coach who would probably be voted as the best coach in the world by the commode.
How could we not expect this Milan side to struggle under these circumstances?

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That is an issue, but I think it's yet another symptom of the lack of stability and continuity. The injuries, suspensions, COVID and rotations for EL has deprived the team of it. We see a new lineup every game. We've seen like 7 different CB pairs in the last months, and now the fans are asking for an 8th(Kjaer-Tomori). At least 9 different double pivots.
Dalot switching between flanks. A different front 4 in every game.

We lack cohesion and organization in all phases and that should be no surprise when you look at the lineups game by game.
Hakan, Rebic and Saele are the type with an incredibly low floor without continuity.
Meite, Dalot, Tonali, Krunic, Samu and Saele aren't exactly the type that can make up for poor organization.

We see how much Liverpool are struggling this season due to injuries, COVID and the schedule. They might not even make Top 6, with a squad full of experienced, world class players that are used to competing for and winning titles and a coach who would probably be voted as the best coach in the world by the commode.
How could we not expect this Milan side to struggle under these circumstances?

My biggest thing is that we have to start fielding our best starting XI every match to get back into form. The over rotation, much of it caused by necessity as you said, has taken the wind out of our sails.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Except for my thoughts on Romagnoli, I don't really feel like directing my ire at any of the other players.

We're in shit form and in bad shape psychologically. It will pass, but some of our players need to step up and earn their pay vs Roma.

PS: Any updates on our injured players? Wouldn't mind having Diaz and Bennacer back.

romag may do mistakes but why we allow opposite (even shit) teams create so much??
do you think number of changes, the setup of players (from where today we should have creativity - left, right or center??) and at the end - results, help or destroy our confidence??
why we cant start with 9 from starting 11 and after 55 minutes make 4-5 subs, in the game like today - we would probably be leading with 2-3 goals. And red star team didnt require intense football for 90 minutes - its more like sparring partner from serieB.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Bring back Gattuso :D he's good with second halves of seasons, Pioli with first halves.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Counting down the days until Thauvin is a Milan player.

He's bound to play for Milan, like Muriel has been ever since he joined Udinese in 2010.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sael and Samu are each so mediocre it really hurts me to watch.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just hope that Roma would be like last season Lazio when we really took of after beating them.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I get the impression that there's a small division within the team.. something tells me that there is a group who want to impress Ibra and seek his approval and there are those who feel left out.

I got this feeling when Samu was subbed. Before that happened, the ball hardly ever reached him, it was Ibra and Rebic acting like they are the playground bullies. Hakan playing like he just got out of bed and in general only a couple of players who are considerate of the teams need.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Ibra is never good for ANY team in the long run. He should just join a contender, help the team win and move on to the next. I hope it'll be the case with us as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule