Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
I don't think United need Saudi money to compete with City. They've spent basically similar amount of money as City to build their team, they've just spent horribly and on the wrong players. They just need someone at the helm with a vision that will stick to a plan.

In the last 5 years they have spent 150M more than us but whereas our spending was on a rebuild (done badly) due to to 5 years of underspending, there's was to build on the years prior where they massively outspent anyone and built the nucleus of Kompany, Zabaleta, Aguero, Silva, Toure etc.

Our huge spending has stopped now though - 50M and about 70M net spent in the last two seasons despite acknowledgement that we have to play catch up.

We basically don't have the ambition in the boardroom to compete. It will be the same next Summer. We'll lose Pogba then and probably be out of the CL for another season so I'm not sure which top player will want us.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Manchester United legend Eric Cantona is set to be handed the 2019 UEFA President's Award in recognition of his playing career and commitment to charitable causes after it.
The 53-year-old Frenchman will receive the award in Monaco on Thursday during the Champions League group stage draw.
"This award not only recognises his career as a player of the highest calibre, but also honours him for the person he is," said UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin.
"A man who refuses compromise, who stands up for his values, who speaks his mind and in particular, puts his heart and his soul into supporting the causes he believes in."

:star:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"In this situation all that matters is the players health and in this case Michael Edwards has totally ignored that because of his own stubbornness and I really pray that his experience doesn't happen to any young players again."

Rubie's statement drew a response from Reds legend Jamie Carragher, who attacked the agent.

The ex-defender tweeted: "I know Bobby & his family well, he's young & at that age we all want everything right now. Played for the 1st team in pre season which is a great start & he should try & develop this season & maybe make the bench in Caraboa Cup.

"That should be the advice you're giving him you [clown]."

And Rubie replied: "Do you also want to give advice on how to spit at people from the outside of a car? You're the last person to say or know what's really going on behding the scenes [sic]. Focus on your job and I'll focus on mine."

But Carragher was contrite in replying: "I made a huge mistake & apologised, I hurt myself more than anyone. You have made a big mistake & are hurting yourself but more importantly a young lads career. Throwing Stevie Gerrard's name in also is embarrassing."

Rubie responded: "No problem Jamie. But in life you can't be wrong and strong. When the truth comes out as to how Michael Edwards has handled Bobby's wellbeing and future you will be thinking differently I promise you. Not a single word in the statement is not the hard truth."

Carragher claimed: "There is a problem & it's you. You take on the most powerful person at the club besides Klopp?!! Madness. Club will never deal with you again."

But Rubie was adamant: "You talking about the glorified data analyst Michael Edwards? The one who doesn't even know that Kevin-Prince Boateng is a midfielder not a centre forward. Goes to show how much he knows. Oh and he doesn't give a s*** about a young players well-being more importantly."

And Carragher made his stance clear with a tweet reading: "I think Bobby Duncan should leave this guy before he gets sacked by the club."

:lol::lol: carragher is a right...

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
In the last 5 years they have spent 150M more than us but whereas our spending was on a rebuild (done badly) due to to 5 years of underspending, there's was to build on the years prior where they massively outspent anyone and built the nucleus of Kompany, Zabaleta, Aguero, Silva, Toure etc.

Our huge spending has stopped now though - 50M and about 70M net spent in the last two seasons despite acknowledgement that we have to play catch up.

We basically don't have the ambition in the boardroom to compete. It will be the same next Summer. We'll lose Pogba then and probably be out of the CL for another season so I'm not sure which top player will want us.

How are you feeling today :lol:

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Mane-Firmino-Salah

My God.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Cutrone starting for Wolverhampton against Everton.

Are we talking about a 'loan watch' here?

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
How are you feeling today :lol:

More of the same lol. Trying to play attacking football but with mid table quality in the team.

Add that to the two missed penalties and two lindeloff mistakes and here we are.

Unless Arsenal collapse we have no chance of getting 4th. It's EL or bust.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
'Capello damaged English football!'

Michael Owen has hit out at Fabio Capello for ‘causing catastrophic damage to both my career and English football in general.’
Owen scored 222 goals for the likes of Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle United and Manchester United, while netting 40 times in 89 games for England.

However, the one-time Ballon d’Or winner played just once for his country under Capello and retired aged just 33 after injuries plagued his final few seasons.

“It just felt like, having come in as a new manager, Fabio felt that he had to change something,” said the 39-year-old in an excerpt of his new autobiography.

“And that something turned out to be Michael Owen. To me it felt like a statement.

“It might not surprise you therefore if I told you that, when I now look back on his tenure, I do so with a lot of resentment.

“Not only did he cut short a hard-earned international career with absolutely no explanation whatsoever, but he also went on to be one of the least effective England managers ever.

“He was absolutely c***. In my opinion, Fabio Capello caused catastrophic damage to both my career and English football in general and got paid handsomely to do so.”

Despite his underwhelming reign with the Three Lions, the Italian is regarded as one of the greatest Coaches of all time, winning five Scudetto, two Spanish titles and a Champions League.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Well done Fabio :thumbsup:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fabio is quick to fall out with players... did it to a couple of them at Milan.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
How the hell did Owen get Ballon D'or...

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In those days there used to be 2 awards... European Player & World Player.

Michael won the lesser EP & Figo won WP.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Oh yeah. Real shame Mendieta didn't get to win any and Valencia lost both CL finals.

I really miss the old times... when Valencia was fighting for CL, Deportivo winning La Liga, Lazio paying 50m for players. We were also pretty good :D

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Ballon d'Or was always the more prestigious one. Owen won it for that prolific treble winning season.

FIFA grabbed the Ballon d'Or brand last decade.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
69886905_10157572363987640_7444805270464626688_n.jpg

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lol! Fecking hero...

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ballon d'Or was always the more prestigious one. Owen won it for that prolific treble winning season.

FIFA grabbed the Ballon d'Or brand last decade.

Treble of worthless trophies doesn't really count.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I didnt mean it that way... At Milan, Real, Barca the football is different, you have to be vB, Zizzu, Cruyff... tiki taka stuff.

Mind you, Milan had gattuso playing for them.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
not talking about him replacing Rino, during the late nineties, Keane's mentality would have been a great addition, we had some shitty seasons back then

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
because we won with Rino and Keane would've added extra drama

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Won with gks, too... still take big Peter over any of them.

Drama with Roy? No drama with Roy... he's a different sort.

Schedule