Andriy Shevchenko Thread

Are you for or against Sheva's return?

• Total voters

Sheva 7

Beginner
Reaction score
Sheva training with Dynamo on Dec 06, 2010.

14710.jpg

14704.jpg

14702.jpg

Video :

New Interview With Sheva ..

Last edited:

Sheva 7

Beginner
Reaction score
Sheva training with Dynamo on Dec 07, 2010.

14719.jpg

Video :

Last edited:

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
Thank you for posting the latest stuff, mates!!! :)

Sheva 7

Beginner
Reaction score
You're welcome :)

Sheva training with Dynamo on Dec 08, 2010.

14762.jpg

14759.jpg

14751.jpg

14747.jpg

14743.jpg

Video :

Last edited:

Sheva 7

Beginner
Reaction score
Preparations in Turkey, Fifth Day - Dynamo Vs Spartak (Nalchik) 4:0 on Dec 09, 2010.

14787.jpg

14786.jpg

Sheva played the second half only .. Video :

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
My Golden Boy: Andriy Shevchenko
Andriy Shevchenko picked up the Ballon d’Or accolade in 2004. Alex Breve recalls the Milan striker’s most memorable San Siro season
Andriy Shevchenko netted 29 goals from 45 appearances in all competitions during 2003-04, propelling Milan to the Scudetto as the focal point in Carlo Ancelotti’s title-winning Rossoneri side. The Ukrainian made the hardest job of finishing off the team’s moves look the simplest and the fact he managed to do so consistently, and from a variety of methods on his way to becoming the club’s record goalscorer, says it all about the man’s impact at San Siro.

Although standing exactly six feet tall and representing a powerful combination of brute force and speed able to dominate centre-back pairings single-handedly, Sheva’s main strengths as a striker that set him apart on the field came from the self-belief that he could beat a goalkeeper from almost any distance or angle, and the ability to match that confidence.

Playing in a side boasting an attacking 4-3-1-2 with the likes of Clarence Seedorf, Andrea Pirlo, Manuel Rui Costa and Ricky Kaka in their prime and marauding wing-support from Cafu, backed up by the defensive qualities of Alessandro Nesta and Paolo Maldini, 2003-04 was the culmination of both Shevchenko’s and Milan’s powers. Six of the side’s starting line-up, including the striker, were named in Pele’s 2004 list of the 125 best players still alive.

Shevchenko’s 24 League goals were a mixture of free-kicks, long-range efforts, headers and cleverly-placed efforts, some finishing off the quick counter-attacks or patient build-up play of his teammates, others at the end of weaving solo dribbles through opposition lines of defence.

Highlights include netting his 100th Milan goal in a 2-0 win at Chievo from a header from a Gennaro Gattuso cross and a last-minute equaliser in the return match that saw a Sheva-inspired Rossoneri fight back to 2-2 and maintain their title-chasing momentum. In Turin he set Milan on their way to a 3-1 win over Juventus that gave them a six-point gap over Marcello Lippi’s side, effectively ending the Bianconeri’s title hopes, whilst the striker had the biggest say in the clashes with Milan’s main title rivals Roma.

The teams’ first meeting came in Week 15 and although Milan had a game in hand, Roma had opened up a six-point lead from an undefeated start to the season based on a defence to have conceded just four goals to that point. Shevchenko’s double at the Olimpico stunned Fabio Capello’s side and closed the gap to three points. Milan had the momentum and by Week 18 had the championship lead – one they held on to for the rest of the season.

The return match on May 1, 2004, saw Roma visit San Siro having closed in on Milan’s lead to six points with three games remaining. Capello needed a win to stand any chance of catching Il Diavolo whilst three points for Ancelotti’s side would seal the title.

Arguably as well as deciding where the title went, the game played a major role in influencing where such awards as the Ballon d’Or would also go come vote time. Shevchenko was in a personal duel with the Giallorossi’s Francesco Totti for the coveted Capocannoniere title, both attackers having a major say in their club’s fortunes. Shevchenko’s winning goal sealed the Scudetto and coupled with two further strikes, secured the League’s top scorer title too, with Totti eventually falling behind future Milan striker Alberto Gilardino at Parma too.

The longest the Ukrainian went without scoring through the season was three games at the start of November, a dry patch he followed up on with five goals in the next three games. Up to Week 32’s championship-clinching win, Milan had not lost a single League match with Sheva on the pitch – the striker absent from the side’s only defeat prior to being crowned champions.

Sheva scored 37 per cent of the side’s League goals and directly earned the team 17 of their 82 points in 2003-04. He scored the team’s first goal of the season, the one that clinched the League and 22 others that secured the Ballon d’Or.

The 2004 Golden Ball podium

Andriy Shevchenko (Milan) 175 points
Deco (Barcelona) 139 points
Ronaldinho (Barcelona) 133 points

http://www.football-italia.net/gb/shevchenko.html

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Was so angry when he left us for Chelsea, got even more angry when he came back.

But for some reason I'm starting to miss him, NOW of all times. I guess it's not so strange, he gave us a lot of joy. But I don't know if I've forgiven him though.

Sheva 7

Beginner
Reaction score
Sheva training with Dynamo \

Dec 10, 2010 :

14799.jpg

Dec 11, 2010 :

14824.jpg

14819.jpg

14813.jpg

14811.jpg

14809.jpg

14808.jpg

14807.jpg

Dec 12, 2010 :

14838.jpg

14833.jpg

14830.jpg

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Was so angry when he left us for Chelsea, got even more angry when he came back.

But for some reason I'm starting to miss him, NOW of all times. I guess it's not so strange, he gave us a lot of joy. But I don't know if I've forgiven him though.

I feel you on the anger. It's probably why I wasn't so attached when Kaka left...

But I also think, failing at Chelsea made me forgive him a bit. Kind of like "Serves you right, sheva :tongue:"

Because now when people think of him, it's always 'amazing at milan.... should have never left' :)

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I was never angry at Sheva, more dissapointed (and sad), specially cause of the "my kids need to understand I love them in english" excuse..it was just so wrong, I understand leaving for family reasons and all but that one was just :head:.

That said I just have great memories with Sheva, his the first "OMG I'm so excited we got him" transfer for me (I have it written in some place in my 6th grade journal :D), his goal vs Juve, his pk vs Juve still gives me chills, I remember him watching the ball, watching the ref, for like 6 times, and then just taking it perfectly, the whole 03-04 season where he was simply sublime (as well as the whole team), the day he scored vs Samp (when he had his first born child, and he wasn't supposed to play lol), his Ballon D'Or (particularly remember being in the forum, simply refreshing acmilan.com and france football, lol), his partnership with Pippo vs Ajax, vs Lyon and vs Bayern :proud:, his goal vs Real, his 100th goal in Serie A.

(ok I have negative memories like Dudek double save GRRR, or his non allowed goals vs Liverpool, and Barcelona, his injury vs Parma which was for me the last time we saw him wearing Milan shirt like the real Sheva).

Fuck it, before Zidane, there was Shevchenko

Last edited:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Can't stop watching this:
Great video ...

For me, I think he's paid his dues ... I was bitter regarding the manner in which he left, but now can't hold it against him any more. He is a Milan idol and legend, and will always have a special place in our hearts.

Grazie Sheva ... the greatest striker of his generation :proud: :star:

Stranger

Banned
Reaction score
i loved him when he was at milan but i never missed a single chelsea game after he went to london, jose benching him day in and day out was the most comfortable and happiest moments of my footballing life those days :D

played only in carling cup and 2 goals on his return to milan :D and a grande 0 in league. he was destroyed by one decision LOL at fanboys when he returned prodigal son returns to eat 10 million dollars for his 2 goals :D

tat said i am happy that he is enjoying his life in ukraine I hope he has a great euro in 2012
Nice man and a hell of a player but ........ a pussy,
Anyway nice business ;)

Sheva 7

Beginner
Reaction score
Arriving in Israel and the first training . Jan 16, 2011

15077.jpg

15076.jpg

15074.jpg

Dynamo in Israel: Monday - Heavy Day . Jan 17, 2011

15101.jpg

kriegpaolo_23

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Ambrosini, Nesta, T.Silva
He was awesome. What I wouldnt give for a 2002-05 Shevchenko back in our team. He was indeed the man.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri

I remember siding with Sheva when I saw this, sorry for cursing you out Carletto. :head:

But that doesn't mean I hate Sheva. Love the man for what he has done. I forgive him too for leaving.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
He will always be one of my ALL TIME favorite player. Forza The Tsar!

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
One of my favourite players, another great reason why I started cheering for Milan. He was so great in FIFA 03-05! Oh, good times :D

oh, and dev1L, sick signature! :D who is that?

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Sheva scored against Besiktas. On to 66 European goals, 4 shy of Pippo. :)

Schedule