View Single Post
Old 17-08-2017, 13:29   #9424
The Bear
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Andriy Shevchenko admits he sees Milan’s transfer policy as “chaotic” but “I wish the club all the best”.

The Ukraine Coach is a Rossoneri legend after 175 goals in 322 games, and he helped them to win the Champions League in 2003, scoring the winning penalty in the shoot-out with Juventus.

“I don’t know what to expect,” Shevchenko told football.ua when asked about his former club.

“There are two different methods of achieving results, the planned way and the spontaneous way. In my opinion there are chaotic actions at Milan, there’s no definitive plan.

“[Coach Vincenzo] Montella had a certain vision and a plan, but with these time frames they had to move faster.

“Then there are so many new players. They sign a player for a certain position, then a month later someone comes in for the same position. These are spontaneous decisions!

“I can’t foresee what they will become. I wish the club all the best though, because I consider them my own club.”
Love Sheva, but he's way off the mark here.

For the first time since his era do we have a coherent transfer strategy that began early in the summer and not on Golden Tie August 31. Bought the best defender in the world off the league's Goliath and signed a mixture of young, hungry and experienced individuals (not marketable Beckhams and Ronaldinhos) for the right positions, players that the COACH wanted for his style of play.

And finally taking the club's rightful place among Europe's elite seriously. This says it all: a quarter of Milan's 25 record signings came this summer alone.
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote