Official: Stefano Pioli Thread

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Tactical stuff aside, I do not appreciate the ?nicest coach ever? image which Pioli seems to have been building for himself here.

No hugely successful team ever has a nice and kind guy as the coach.

Tottenham Hotspurs under Pochettino came to my mind as an example. A nice and kind coach is good for patching up a broken team, for building the foundation for something bigger but definitely not for winning titles.

Team do not win shit all with a nice and classy dude holding the tactical board. That?s corporate level.

How about Ancelotti??

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Exactly. What a bullshit argument :lol:

Ancelotti, Sacchi, Heynckes? There are surely plenty successful nice guys

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
inconsistent forwards hurt him the most. we're at the point where Saelemaekers and Ibra are the only ones consistent enough

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
inconsistent forwards hurt him the most. we're at the point where Saelemaekers and Ibra are the only ones consistent enough

Yes, Saelemaekers consistent as Rebic. Has many off-days lately, many good days. And Ibra only consistent and being injured half the season. :D

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Pioli back on his natural successful position, nothing to loose. We might get some simple tactics back again. We have players to make it work.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
ExAXB-fVgAgnQsD

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
are you the new tfat?

No, is true. We hired a emergencial pack of 39 years old because Pioli wasn't handling the job well.

Tactical stuff aside, I do not appreciate the ?nicest coach ever? image which Pioli seems to have been building for himself here.

No hugely successful team ever has a nice and kind guy as the coach.

Tottenham Hotspurs under Pochettino came to my mind as an example. A nice and kind coach is good for patching up a broken team, for building the foundation for something bigger but definitely not for winning titles.

Team do not win shit all with a nice and classy dude holding the tactical board. That?s corporate level.

Pioli lacks the killer instint.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Pioli has to go

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
No, is true. We hired a emergencial pack of 39 years old because Pioli wasn't handling the job well.

Pioli lacks the killer instint.
Pep winning titles tho. Pep is pioli with ambition and money.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Imagine losing 4th to atalanta in the last match

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sack him along with his lovers samu and krunic.
Is he fking blind? How in hell u keep playing samu?
Winger should be threat to oponents.
Hes just headless chicken.
They re paid millions. Is maldini also blind?
I guess its the goals samu scores on training that keeps him playing.

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Padre will lead us to CL, padre must stay :proud:

But padre is also out of ideas and we will have another banter season next season, grazie padre :proud:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sack him along with his lovers samu and krunic.
Is he fking blind? How in hell u keep playing samu?
Winger should be threat to oponents.
Hes just headless chicken.
They re paid millions. Is maldini also blind?
I guess its the goals samu scores on training that keeps him playing.

Who else are you going to play? Its not like Saele is any better and the left with Rebic playing shit and Leao out isn't exactly overloaded either.
He could have startet Hauge instead of Krunic but that's about it.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This coach never won nothing. It shows now. Milan always knew to find talented coaches. Sacchi, Allegri.
But i guess new owners new rules. Milan need talented coach or someone who already won something.
I just hope that Pioli can manage this team to top 4.

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
come on stefano, don't do this to yourself now. we've already had 9 coaches since 2014

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
This coach never won nothing. It shows now. Milan always knew to find talented coaches. Sacchi, Allegri.
But i guess new owners new rules. Milan need talented coach or someone who already won something.
I just hope that Pioli can manage this team to top 4.

Sacchi and Allegri had also won nothing before coming to Milan iirc.

Neither had Capello and Ancelotti.

Pioli inherited the weakest team out of those 4 and had us fighting for the title.

Quite an achievement if you think about it.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Sacchi and Allegri had also won nothing before coming to Milan iirc.

Neither had Capello and Ancelotti.

Pioli inherited the weakest team out of those 4 and had us fighting for the title.

Quite an achievement if you think about it.

Exactly.

Pochettino won his first ever trophy a few weeks ago at PSG...

tschief

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Who else are you going to play? Its not like Saele is any better and the left with Rebic playing shit and Leao out isn't exactly overloaded either.
He could have startet Hauge instead of Krunic but that's about it.

saele is way better than castillejo, castillejo runs his head off and always gives his all, i can appreciate that, but he achieves nothing with it..
Seriously, re-watch castillejo and his games and focus only on him. like 95% of the time he gets the ball in attack, he just loses it randomly or takes too long to do something with it and has to pass back again.. Same goes for Krunic, gives his all but he is just so limited.

Saladmaker on the other hand - while having his flaws at least has some signs of decency..

Rebic isnt the Player some wish him to be (sadly) but he also has a lot of genius moments that lead to goals. His problem is constistency and not skill (as so often with talented players) while krunic just lacks skill at all..

So playing Rebic and Saladmakers on the flank in the game against sampdoria would've made a huge difference, you can clearly see the difference to the game against parma where does 2 started...

Kalulu can cover for calabria this way, instead of having to play saladmaker out of position, like he did against sampdoria..

Nonetheless, Pioli is the best Coach that we had since Ancelotti - no Allegri wasn't a good coach for us and also a cause for many of our problems we had to endure the following years (things like buying matri that cost us for years).. I think some decisions from pioli are questionable (for example lineup against sampdoria and the 2nd match against inter) but the man gets like 85%-90% of his calls right - we only complain if something doesnt work out... thats a great number and if some things did go more our way (first roma match & first hellas verona match this season) we might even still be in the title race...

All in all i hope pioli stays - no matter how the season ends - and learns from the mistakes he made this year. Then we'll be real title contenders next year

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
saele is way better than castillejo, castillejo runs his head off and always gives his all, i can appreciate that, but he achieves nothing with it..
Seriously, re-watch castillejo and his games and focus only on him. like 95% of the time he gets the ball in attack, he just loses it randomly or takes too long to do something with it and has to pass back again.. Same goes for Krunic, gives his all but he is just so limited.

Saladmaker on the other hand - while having his flaws at least has some signs of decency..

Rebic isnt the Player some wish him to be (sadly) but he also has a lot of genius moments that lead to goals. His problem is constistency and not skill (as so often with talented players) while krunic just lacks skill at all..

So playing Rebic and Saladmakers on the flank in the game against sampdoria would've made a huge difference, you can clearly see the difference to the game against parma where does 2 started...

Kalulu can cover for calabria this way, instead of having to play saladmaker out of position, like he did against sampdoria..

Nonetheless, Pioli is the best Coach that we had since Ancelotti - no Allegri wasn't a good coach for us and also a cause for many of our problems we had to endure the following years (things like buying matri that cost us for years).. I think some decisions from pioli are questionable (for example lineup against sampdoria and the 2nd match against inter) but the man gets like 85%-90% of his calls right - we only complain if something doesnt work out... thats a great number and if some things did go more our way (first roma match & first hellas verona match this season) we might even still be in the title race...

All in all i hope pioli stays - no matter how the season ends - and learns from the mistakes he made this year. Then we'll be real title contenders next year

Krunic does have his moments of quality... the free kick for example and remember that audacious volley attempt From nearly halfway out vs I forgot who. His problem is that he tends to be ineffective for most of the minutes he gets on the field.

Salad?s talent is more apparent as shown for club and country. Would be a useful if not indispensable member for us... He not the finished article yet and may never be truly world class but I?ll be happy for the club to persevere with him. Plus who can forget that turn and break for our goal vs inter earlier this year

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Exactly.

Pochettino won his first ever trophy a few weeks ago at PSG...

But he came from a great work previously done.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
But he came from a great work previously done.

What great work?. Finishing above Arsenal?

One of the luckiest semi final wins courtesy of Lucas Moura does not equate to anything great imo.

And even if I do agree with your statement. Look at the players he's had at his disposal compared to what Pioli has at Milan.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What great work?. Finishing above Arsenal?

One of the luckiest semi final wins courtesy of Lucas Moura does not equate to anything great imo.

And even if I do agree with your statement. Look at the players he's had at his disposal compared to what Pioli has at Milan.

Thats shows how difficult it was, and he made his players reach the finals. Pochettino made that team play.

But anyway, playing semi finals and finals of CL doesnt count in Pochettino's favour, but beating some randoms in serie A for Pioli counts?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

:thumbsup:

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Salad?s talent is more apparent as shown for club and country. Would be a useful if not indispensable member for us... He not the finished article yet and may never be truly world class but I?ll be happy for the club to persevere with him. Plus who can forget that turn and break for our goal vs inter earlier this year

Also the fact that we paid 7mil for Saele and they way he turned out..he was a good deal from our side

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
#ACMilan have the ninth-highest points per game average (2.10) of any team in Europe's 'top five' leagues.

padre :star: