5. Napoli 67
6. Lazio 64-67*

FIRST LEG

COMPETITORS GAMES
Spezia - Napoli
Fiorentina - Lazio
Parma - Atalanta

TOPCIS
  • Very important game as it's do or die for both teams. At least one of the two is expected to lose a top 4 spot by the end.
  • Since everyone is so close, H2H might decide the final positioning and currently it is not working in our favour. Something to consider.
  • Should gigio dollarumma play against the team he is heavily linked with? Can we trust him?
  • None of our other competitors are expected to drop points this week

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Nice design for this match thread. I hope this somehow translates to a nice performance from our players

The two clubs are playing worse than each other at the moment but a big game like this should be a motivation in itself. Time for a last push, anything less would be a real shame considering the journey of a season we've been through

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I think Napoli and Atalanta have tricky games

Edit: are fans allowed to this? If i remember they said that they will let fans from May

Last edited:

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score

Parma are doomed so I don't expect them to trouble Atalanta.
None of Fiorentina and Spezia are safe from what is a very tight relegation race so Napoli and Lazio may both be in for some hard-fought matches.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
ladri actually have a tough schedule, they play 5 games in 15 days

9/05 ladri - Milan
12/05 Sassuolo - ladri
15/05 ladri - merda
19/05 Atalanta - ladri (Coppa Italia Final)
23/05 Bologna - ladri

I hope Sassuolo and merda do us favours, and more importantly we do ourselves a favour

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Juve will drop points, they've been playing horribly even against teams that don't need the win.

We need to stop thinking about the others and worry about our own form.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Now imagine if this scenario was happening in the Super League

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Or the new CL format.. which will have an additional number of matches

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Or the new CL format.. which will have an additional number of matches

I agree, adding the more teams to the Champions League is ludicrous too but it is much more the lesser of two evils

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
We need to trash them, ibra will prove something against them.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
This would be the most feelgood win this season.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I agree, adding the more teams to the Champions League is ludicrous too but it is much more the lesser of two evils

But doesn't the new format ensure that the extra 4 spots goes to teams with historical whatnot :fp:

Its more or less the same idea that goes against sporting merit

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score

Edit: are fans allowed to this? If i remember they said that they will let fans from May

Rumour is the last 2 games.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
ladri actually have a tough schedule, they play 5 games in 15 days

9/05 ladri - Milan
12/05 Sassuolo - ladri
15/05 ladri - merda
19/05 Atalanta - ladri (Coppa Italia Final)
23/05 Bologna - ladri

I hope Sassuolo and merda do us favours, and more importantly we do ourselves a favour

They ll drop points. Only question s our form. I d take even draw with wins against torino and cagliari.
Also by time we play atalanta they ll secure top 4. Also this game in cup final might drain them just like juve.

Honestly im optimistic.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Win or die.

I do not want to see high press 4-2-4 with old/unfit/lazy players, like in recent weeks. These 3-0 or 3-1 big game losses are getting tiring.

But I also don't see Pioli benching any of those old/unfit/lazy player, except Leao.

Oh well. Hopefully Ibra will be clinical this time, and Dolla at his best. We're gonna need that.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Editing post.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
But doesn't the new format ensure that the extra 4 spots goes to teams with historical whatnot :fp:

I thought it was 2 teams, no? Still 4 is a lesser evil than 15. But it's all bullshit. Hate the adjustments. UEFA are pricks too.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
I thought it was 2 teams, no? Still 4 is a lesser evil than 15. But it's all bullshit. Hate the adjustments. UEFA are pricks too.

didnt uefa make it just to keep happy superleague teams??
wasnt it part of angelli (as eca) negotiations about changing ucl??
think i saw reports like that ...

pippofan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivera, Altafini, Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Prati, Van Basten, Kaka`, Albertini, Gullit
I would start Tonali in place of Bennacer.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score

Selection of additional four spots according to UEFA?s official website:

Qualification for the Champions League will continue to be open and depend on a club?s final position in the previous season?s domestic league competition. The additional four slots available in 2024-25 will be allocated according to three different criteria:

Slot one: awarded to a club from the country placed fifth in UEFA?s national association coefficient rankings. Each association?s coefficient is based on the results of its clubs? performances in five previous Champions League and Europa League seasons.

Slot two: awarded to the domestic league champion with the highest club coefficient among all other domestic champions that have not automatically qualified for the Champions League?s league stage.

Slots three and four: awarded to the two clubs with the highest club coefficients that have not qualified automatically for the Champions League?s league stage, but have qualified either for the Champions League qualification phase or the Europa League/the Europa Conference League (due to start in the 2021-22 season).

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Morata and kuluveski have made impacts off the bench in juves previous games. It's a danger to be aware of.

This is a game to which the players must perform, a loss for juve here would deeply starch their morale for the remaining games. We must take upon the opportunity.

Its an issue that some posters in commode have confidence not in the team but in getting an L here. This sentiment is spread across social media. What's the point of following a team if during the most important matches you turn against them?

If we are to get cl and compete then mentality has to change. The expectation for players to be of a greater mentality must coincide with the personal responsibility to be at that mentality as well. The team and fans move forwards together.

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
A win here puts us in the driver's seat for top 4. If we beat Juventus and then they don't beat Inter - who will have motivation to do the double over them this season while taking their title - is hard to come back from. A draw does neither of us any good, and a loss means we're reliant on other teams (Napoli/Atalanta/Lazio) dropping points once again.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Wrong thread.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Morata and kuvaleski have made impacts off the bench in juves previous games. It's a danger to be aware of.

This is a game to which the players must perform, a loss for juve here would deeply starch their morale for the remaining games. We must take upon the opportunity.

Its an issue that some posters in commode have confidence not in the team but in getting an L here. This sentiment is spread across social media. What's the point of following a team if during the most important matches you turn against them?

If we are to get cl and compete then mentality has to change. The expectation for players to be of a greater mentality must coincide with the personal responsibility to be at that mentality as well. The team and fans move forwards together.

is anything you say isn't bs?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Easy game for Juve, they will destroy us by at least two goals.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Easy game for Juve, they will destroy us by at least two goals.
I have one word for you. Pirlo.
If Pioli cant tactically outsmart such an idiot then he better resigns.

Probably the most important game of the season.
Result here will hugely effect our team's morale & it effect will be spilled for future decisive games.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players