The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i dont feel like we really defending
its more like attack is getting tired and lazy, fullbacks are less active in attack and then whole pressure is on our defense
what wouldnt really be a huge problem but our counters look like made by people who meet first time together.

Yup.
"Why do they stop attacking when we take the lead" is always fun to read from people who seemingly never have played 11-a-side football and don't seem to understand the psychological impact of a goal not only for the coach but especially the players, on both sides.
In June-November RnB were praising Pioli because we didn't stop attacking after taking the lead, as if the difference between now and then is that Pioli changed his mind about these things.

But this is a very odd and ironic case where a loss is attributed to this "scared Italian thinking".
I was pissed off at Pioli for the complete opposite reason.
We had a bright start, but the intensity dropped even before Hakan's goal.
The front 4 couldn't sustain the press - and our sloppiness in possession lead to a lot of exhausting end-to-end action.
It only got worse as minutes wore on in the first half.
The 2nd half started in the same manner as the first. We were the better team and had plenty of opportunities to extend the lead, but this time it didn't render in any goals.
Then fatigue kicked in again, and a few of the front 4 stopped tracking back.
Subs could've fixed this, but they only made it worse. The biggest passenger and worst performer stayed on(Leao). Pioli kept the unbalanced 4-4-2 by bringing in an unfit, 35yo Mandzukic instead of one of the young, fit wingers that can actually track back. As if that's not bad enough, there also seems to have been frequent misunderstandings between Mandzu, Krunic and Leao over who gets to cover where, because Dalot was often left all on his own on the left flank.

Terribly managed game by Pioli, but not because of "FUU typical defensive Italian coach defending lead". He was lacking typical Italian pragmatism if anything.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ur nothin but a defenseless little victim...scared to even say where u live:lol::lol:

I've mentioned or hinted at where I live on many occasions. The last time was just a day or two ago here in the commode, when someone posted a fake quote of Ibra regarding Super League.
I live in the town that he can't return to(Malmo). Not sure what you're planning to do with that information. But since you seem very upset with me, I promise to give you a hug if you pay a visit.

imo its very suspicious that im a huge cutrone pioli samu hakan calabria hater and u are a huge cutrone pioli samu hakan calabria fan
and im a big silva fan and u are a super big silva hater

that is like wow...super coincedental
u see people that is the behaviour of some seniour members on this board
reminds me of kindergarten:lol:

that is how hate gets formed in some peanuts,,,they keep reading samu this sam that pioli this and they will burst

It's not a coincidence. My sole purpose here is to take a contrary position to yours'. I have cameras installed in your apartment and a chip installed in your brain to know what you think and feel. I joined this site in 2011, preparing in advance for your predicted arrival. Your psychologist is wrong. It's not paranoid schizophrenia, someone is actually watching you.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
what? we just officially gave 7M contract for Zlatan ?

nba-shocked.gif

7,5m is nothing if he can stay healthy for the last run of games

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Yup.
"Why do they stop attacking when we take the lead" is always fun to read from people who seemingly never have played 11-a-side football and don't seem to understand the psychological impact of a goal not only for the coach but especially the players, on both sides.
In June-November RnB were praising Pioli because we didn't stop attacking after taking the lead, as if the difference between now and then is that Pioli changed his mind about these things.

But this is a very odd and ironic case where a loss is attributed to this "scared Italian thinking".
I was pissed off at Pioli for the complete opposite reason.
We had a bright start, but the intensity dropped even before Hakan's goal.
The front 4 couldn't sustain the press - and our sloppiness in possession lead to a lot of exhausting end-to-end action.
It only got worse as minutes wore on in the first half.
The 2nd half started in the same manner as the first. We were the better team and had plenty of opportunities to extend the lead, but this time it didn't render in any goals.
Then fatigue kicked in again, and a few of the front 4 stopped tracking back.
Subs could've fixed this, but they only made it worse. The biggest passenger and worst performer stayed on(Leao). Pioli kept the unbalanced 4-4-2 by bringing in an unfit, 35yo Mandzukic instead of one of the young, fit wingers that can actually track back. As if that's not bad enough, there also seems to have been frequent misunderstandings between Mandzu, Krunic and Leao over who gets to cover where, because Dalot was often left all on his own on the left flank.

Terribly managed game by Pioli, but not because of "FUU typical defensive Italian coach defending lead". He was lacking typical Italian pragmatism if anything.

:thumbsup:

Given our form in 2021 I'm not especially scared of meeting Lazio, Juve and Atalanta. It's not like we shine against the worst teams either, but on our day we play good football. It would be sweet to prove a good season against the best teams.

I still very much believe in top 4.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
:thumbsup:

Given our form in 2021 I'm not escpecially scared of meeting Lazio, Juve and Atalanta. It's not like we shine against the worst teams either, but on our day we play good football. It would be sweet to prove a good season against the best teams.

I still very much believe in top 4.

All of our good work is from 2020... been dog shit in 2021.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
All of our good work is from 2020... been dog shit in 2021.

Mostly yes, but we've also won several games.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Euro 2020: Wembley to be given extra last-16 tie - which could involve England

😆😆 UEFA really do like England a lot.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nicol? Schira @NicoSchira
#ACMilan are interested in the young talent (born in 2004) Vasco #Walz. Rossoneri have offered 3-years contract to the #BVB midfielder, but #BorussiaDortmund are working a new contract. The player and his agent will take a decision in the next few days. #transfers

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nicol? Schira @NicoSchira
#ACMilan are interested in the young talent (born in 2004) Vasco #Walz. Rossoneri have offered 3-years contract to the #BVB midfielder, but #BorussiaDortmund are working a new contract. The player and his agent will take a decision in the next few days. #transfers

Didn't we sign him a month ago?

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We need to step up the next game otherwise we will shit our pants because of the pressure.

By the looks of it, seems like Juve are more likely to finish outside of top 4 than Napoli. We either step up or let the whole world laugh at us.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
To people ridiculing members who are upset/angry/disillusioned over ESL followed by that Sassuolo loss:

Fuck off!

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I've a feeling 10 points from 18 is enough to cross the finish line. Napoli are 3.5 points behind us with 6 much easier games but I see them dropping at least 5 points. If we beat Lazio, that's a huge 6-point swing in our favor - even a draw is something - and then Juve/Atalanta anything helps again. Just end the season strong is all we can ask at this point. It's CL or disaster.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've a feeling 10 points from 18 is enough to cross the finish line. Napoli are 3.5 points behind us with 6 much easier games but I see them dropping at least 5 points. If we beat Lazio, that's a huge 6-point swing in our favor - even a draw is something - and then Juve/Atalanta anything helps again. Just end the season strong is all we can ask at this point. It's CL or disaster.

Agreed. 10 points should be enough. 3 wins against Benevento, Torino and Cagliari + 1 draw should be our minimum goal.

In order to drop out of top 4, Napoli would need to win 14 points out of 18 which does not seem likely to me. They are in top form now, but it won't last forever.

The loss against Sassuolo man :fp: Could've had CL in the bag if we could control the game. But, no, we had to concede 2 goals from a kid that had 2 goals in his previous 20+ games. His first career brace :fp:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Agreed. 10 points should be enough. 3 wins against Benevento, Torino and Cagliari + 1 draw should be our minimum goal.

In order to drop out of top 4, Napoli would need to win 14 points out of 18 which does not seem likely to me. They are in top form now, but it won't last forever.

The loss against Sassuolo man :fp: Could've had CL in the bag if we could control the game. But, no, we had to concede 2 goals from a kid that had 2 goals in his previous 20+ games. His first career brace :fp:

Yeah, I'm most bitter over this loss and the Spezia one - purely due to how we lost the game ourselves. Just handed over the points. It's really disappointing and could cost us CL if we don't get a grip.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
If you're not absolutely heart broken after the display and loss vs Sassuolo, are you even human?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
If you're not absolutely heart broken after the display and loss vs Sassuolo, are you even human?

There are also some people in this forum who are happy certain players are not performing.

So what?

What is worse? Simply not being depressed for the loss or celebrating for poor performances?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
There are also some people in this forum who are happy certain players are not performing.

So what?

What is worse? Simply not being depressed for the loss or celebrating for poor performances?

Celebrating poor performances is of course worse, but I don't think I've seen any celebrations of that kind.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gazidis’ position at Milan is not in question following the failure of the Super League project @DaniLongo

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

it REALLY REALLY isnt, when you consider napoli and atalantas fixtures

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol::lol: His standing also not in question after being undermined b4 the whole squad :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule