English Premier League Thread II

Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Utd are much more likeable than City at least.

Speaking of the FA, that reminds me of a ban Alan Smith got for Leeds for throwing a bottle harmlessly back into the crowd, despite the person that got hit (it was empty) saying they were fine and had no problem with it. The FA are a bit special.

Last edited:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
And just incase you missed it Kuja, I named Rooney in that list of cunts :o

I really don't like the guy. My least favorite United player.
I see your point.

Funny thing is, even if it's for different reasons I reckon you're exactly the same. You probably hate England's players, the FA, the fans and the media.

I stopped caring about England after 2006. The Ronaldo saga was the final nail on the coffin.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Utd are much more likeable than City at least.

I disagree, atleast with what I've seen.

Mancity are the newly rich, but Manutd have the deep-flowing hate... nobody apart from their fans like them. There's no "Oh, but I kind of like them" like with Arsenal or Spurs.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
And just incase you missed it Kuja, I named Rooney in that list of cunts :o

I really don't like the guy. My least favorite United player.

I know.

It does not change the point.

If I moan that Serie A is shit all the time, but then say that Milan aren't the best team in the world, I'm still moaning.

Rooney's a twat. I know. You listing him is, again, more a clear point which need not be emphasised, not you clearing all doubt about how bitter you are.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Funny thing is, even if it's for different reasons I reckon you're exactly the same. You probably hate England's players, the FA, the fans and the media.

I stopped caring about England after 2006. The Ronaldo saga was the final nail on the coffin.

I don't see the significance of this...

So what if Sage disliked the country? The difference is that you're English and dislike them for such petty reasons. For example, I can say that UAE are shit at football. But Sage saying they're shit because the media there called his favourite player a cunt is different.

You dislike the national team because the media slated Ronaldo after he winked during a penalty shootout?(Or did something similar, Idc)

That is like me hating Milan because Gazzetta Dello Sport gave Abate a 5 in the derby...

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know.

If I moan that Serie A is shit all the time, but then say that Milan aren't the best team in the world, I'm still moaning.

Rooney's a twat. I know. You listing him is, again, more a clear point which need not be emphasised, not you clearing all doubt about how bitter you are.
Am I missing what exactly he's bitter about?

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know.

:fp:

You would be a terrible psychologist.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

I don't hate the england NT, but I do think your players are wankers that never give 100%

the last time I saw a decent england team, it was back in 2004.

your media are ********, they either belittle their opponents or completly crucify the players/coach, there is no middle ground or rational opinions, not that you can expect that from journos.

it's just that in your post, you're making united players/club look like the victims :D

I don't like the italian NT (due to the F.A and jube infestation) but I have to admire the fact that almost every player there gives 100%.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Am I missing what exactly he's bitter about?

He lets out a constant stream of bitterness - as do most Manutd fans, I've seen - about England. Pretty much. For some reason, he seems to think that if he calls Rooney a cunt, then it means he's completely objective.

:fp:

You would be a terrible psychologist.

Please tell me what was even remotely psychological about my post...

You'd make a terrible animator.

See, I can be irrelevant too.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't see the significance of this...

So what if Sage disliked the country? The difference is that you're English and dislike them for such petty reasons. For example, I can say that UAE are shit at football. But Sage saying they're shit because the media there called his favourite player a cunt is different.

You dislike the national team because the media slated Ronaldo after he winked during a penalty shootout?(Or did something similar, Idc)

That is like me hating Milan because Gazzetta Dello Sport gave Abate a 5 in the derby...

You obviously haven't read my posts.

Why should I be an avid England fan when I hate half the players, I hate the FA who are in charge of the team, I hate a lot of the fans who support the team and hate the media who surround the team because they + the entire country tend to blame United players (which is a fact, by the way).

Sometimes I think I support England, but it only takes something small for me to think 'forget it'. I'm about as casual as you can be. I'll watch the games, hope England win, but if they don't I won't be fussed at all.

He lets out a constant stream of bitterness - as do most Manutd fans, I've seen - about England. Pretty much. For some reason, he seems to think that if he calls Rooney a cunt, then it means he's completely objective.

Please tell me what was even remotely psychological about my post...

You'd make a terrible animator.

See, I can be irrelevant too.

Because you always talk about how bitter I am, how I'm this and that....when it isn't true. You're terrible at reading situations.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
If you're indifferent, then be indifferent. Don't claim you're indifferent and spew the most bitter crap you can.

hate the media who surround the team because they + the entire country tend to blame United players (which is a fact, by the way).

Won't somebody please think of the children!

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I personally don't mind them hating on rooney back in 2010, he was coming off an amazing season and played like a championship player in the WC.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It's a pretty nation wide bitterness as far as I know.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If you're indifferent, then be indifferent. Don't claim you're indifferent and spew the most bitter crap you can.

The term 'love-hate' is appropriate, though I'd change it to like-hate.

Won't somebody please think of the children!

I'm thinking about you right now :thumbsup:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
We are the victims. We win trophies, England fans hate us for it, and then we have to tell them to fuck off.

maybe it has to do with the fact that united players win trophies, have excellent seasons and then do fuck all with the NT.

so the champions/best players will obviously be targeted.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I don't hate the england NT, but I do think your players are wankers that never give 100%

the last time I saw a decent england team, it was back in 2004.

your media are ********, they either belittle their opponents or completly crucify the players/coach, there is no middle ground or rational opinions, not that you can expect that from journos.

it's just that in your post, you're making united players/club look like the victims :D

I don't like the italian NT (due to the F.A and jube infestation) but I have to admire the fact that almost every player there gives 100%.

i actually just think the english media is plain dumb.

very few people in it who understand football outside EPL. And continental or world football is not premiership style.

OneUnited

Reaction score
maybe it has to do with the fact that united players win trophies, have excellent seasons and then do fuck all with the NT.

Success breeds envy. Good logic.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Not true.
Not Scholes' fault he was played out of position during his prime.
Rooney was injured for the 06 WC.
Rio Ferdinand was England's best player in 2006 (and 2002, though he was at Leeds then).

If you want to go back in history then just look at England's best player ever, best player of the 80's, and the club which has given more players to England than any other....

Though really the United/England hate works both ways as United fans take the piss out of England all the time, especially at places like West Ham :lol:

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel
485826_726555531802_207103379_33671583_377664071_n.jpg

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Anyway for what it's worth I'd do this...

Welbeck/Rooney should start together, if for nothing else, they have good chemistry. Defoe's a good change of pace sub.

In all honestly best lineup they can use is some variation of a 4-3-3/4-5-1. You'll get defensive contribution from the front line...

Welbeck--Rooney--Walcott
Lampard--parker--barry
Cole--Terry--Cahill--Johnson
----------Hart-------

Actually maybe not Walcott, but not really sure who else. Young? Milner? Ox

But it's a given you'll use a 4-4-2

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Not true.
Not Scholes' fault he was played out of position during his prime.
Rooney was injured for the 06 WC.
Rio Ferdinand was England's best player in 2006 (and 2002, though he was at Leeds then).

If you want to go back in history then just look at England's best player ever, best player of the 80's, and the club which has given more players to England than any other....

Though really the United/England hate works both ways as United fans take the piss out of England all the time, especially at places like West Ham :lol:

ferdinand was not england's best player in 2006.

what about rooney during 2010? why was he so shit? he was coming off an amazing season.

LeedsFan

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Luciano "the best target man in the world" Becchio
Anyway for what it's worth I'd do this...

Welbeck/Rooney should start together, if for nothing else, they have good chemistry. Defoe's a good change of pace sub.

In all honestly best lineup they can use is some variation of a 4-3-3/4-5-1. You'll get defensive contribution from the front line...

Welbeck--Rooney--Walcott
Lampard--parker--barry
Cole--Terry--Cahill--Johnson
----------Hart-------

Actually maybe not Walcott, but not really sure who else. Young? Milner? Ox

But it's a given you'll use a 4-4-2

In the press conference Roy said he wanted to pack the midfield and play with one man up front, he also talked about playing Chamberlain through the middle and Walcott and Young out wide.

I think Roy will go with something like this.

-------------???
Young---Chamberlain---Walcott
-------Gerrard----???
---Cole--Terry----???-???
-------------Hart

I assumed Glen Johnson would be right back, but he was singing Jones' praises in the press conference.

I imagine Parker will play alongside Stevie G but Barry could aswell.

It's a given that Rooney will start up front but i'm not sure who'll start during his absence.

I like this formation, but i'd rather he played Barry and Parker rather than Gerrard and ???, because Gerrard is a very average centre mid.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Don't like Welbeck on the left tbh. We could play a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney as a CAM, behind Welbeck.

ferdinand was not england's best player in 2006.

what about rooney during 2010? why was he so shit? he was coming off an amazing season.

Yes he was. He was friggin immense, just like he was in 2002. Unfortunately he didn't get the praise in either tournament that he deserved though (think Campbell and Joe Cole won best players of each).

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't like Welbeck on the left tbh. We could play a 4-2-3-1 with Rooney as a CAM, behind Welbeck.

Yes he was. He was friggin immense, just like he was in 2002. Unfortunately he didn't get the praise in either tournament that he deserved though (think Campbell and Joe Cole won best players of each).

He did in 2002, it's pretty much why you bought him.

I never want to see Gareth Barry in an England shirt again, or Scott Parker particularly, but I'll tolerate him a little more because we lack top quality in CM.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
4-2-3-1 is the ideal formation with the players he has, but Ox shouldn't start, he's simply not ready, but it wouldn't hurt to try him out in the friendlies before the tournament starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule