Round of 16: Switzerland 1-1 Poland - (4-5 after pks) - 25 June 2016 15:00 CET

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I liked both teams .... them and Croatia.
I think its gonna be the best game from the current round.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Poland should win. My fantasy bets are placed that way.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i love fabian schar. perfect player for us, great on the ball, great in the air, young, decent defending, cheap.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
shaqiri wowww :eek:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Round of 16: Switzerland - Poland - 25 June 2016 15:00 CET

Shaqiri with a goal of the tournament, fuck my titts

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
No waay. :eek:
Shaqira shaqira

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Krychowiaaak :love:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well after 120 minutes I have to say it's an undeserved win. 75 minutes long not willing to play football, only to defend. Poland rewarded for ugly football. Congrats and good luck if Poland thinks this is the kind of football who attracts people to watch it.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Well after 120 minutes I have to say it's an undeserved win. 75 minutes long not willing to play football, only to defend. Poland rewarded for ugly football. Congrats and good luck if Poland thinks this is the kind of football who attracts people to watch it.

Fuck off :lol:

Seriosly fuck off, Xavi :lol:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Switzerland definitely deserved to go through, lewandowski has been the flop of the tournament so far.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Bahahahahaaa Xhaka already got that Arsenal DNA

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
I don't understand why Poland stopped playing like in the first half

anyway both Poland and Switzerland have been disappointing this tournament so far

but that Shaqiri goal tho

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Yeah agree.
Poland are capable of much more than they showed.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah agree.
Poland are capable of much more than they showed.

Absolutely. Where is that Poland who shot more than 30 goals in the qualifyers? The first 45 minutes belonged clearly to Poland and I even wrote a page ago deserved lead for them. But after that first half, as Pollo said, they just sit back and waited for the penalty. Concerning statistics they even ran less than Switzerland but nevertheless they seemed finished as fuck after 90 minutes. If they hadn't a gk with two miracle saves (one against RR's fk and another against Derdyiok's header) the game would have been over way sooner.

Not saying Switzerland played like 2012 Spain but well, it was obvious which team tried to win the game in 120 minutes and which team was only waiting for the penalties

Btw Shaqiri got rewarded as MotM. Well deserved imo although it took a long time for him to shine. After his goal he seemed like a new player. Beautyfull cross to Derdyiok which should have been a deserved assist, unfortunately for Switzerland the gk did a miracle by holding Poland in the game.

And the penalties :fp: Seems like we are becoming a new Netherlands. Very pitty for Xhaka to miss that pen since he played a very good tournament.

On another note fuck me, why is this Schär not playing for a better team? In all 4 games he played absolutely fantastic and his call into the team of the group stages by l'Équipe has been absolutely deserved.

Well, now at least I still have Italy to root for.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Absolutely. Where is that Poland who shot more than 30 goals in the qualifyers? The first 45 minutes belonged clearly to Poland and I even wrote a page ago deserved lead for them. But after that first half, as Pollo said, they just sit back and waited for the penalty. Concerning statistics they even ran less than Switzerland but nevertheless they seemed finished as fuck after 90 minutes. If they hadn't a gk with two miracle saves (one against RR's fk and another against Derdyiok's header) the game would have been over way sooner.

Not saying Switzerland played like 2012 Spain but well, it was obvious which team tried to win the game in 120 minutes and which team was only waiting for the penalties

Btw Shaqiri got rewarded as MotM. Well deserved imo although it took a long time for him to shine. After his goal he seemed like a new player. Beautyfull cross to Derdyiok which should have been a deserved assist, unfortunately for Switzerland the gk did a miracle by holding Poland in the game.

And the penalties :fp: Seems like we are becoming a new Netherlands. Very pitty for Xhaka to miss that pen since he played a very good tournament.

On another note fuck me, why is this Schär not playing for a better team? In all 4 games he played absolutely fantastic and his call into the team of the group stages by l'Équipe has been absolutely deserved.

Well, now at least I still have Italy to root for.

I hate teams that play like that. Score a goal and sit back. Also what ever happened to lewandowski. Somehow playing like matri.

Yeah Shaqiri was really good. But I feel sorry for xhaka, he played a good match. Looks like the arsenal in him showed up :lol: .

Schar-romagnoli maybe?

-----

But i feel you bro. Losing a match where you kinda dominated is heartbreaking. Remember juve vs milan in the copa italia final hahha, that shit was depressing. Not that we lost, but they way we lost.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hate teams that play like that. Score a goal and sit back. Also what ever happened to lewandowski. Somehow playing like matri.

Yeah Shaqiri was really good. But I feel sorry for xhaka, he played a good match. Looks like the arsenal in him showed up :lol: .

Schar-romagnoli maybe?

-----

But i feel you bro. Losing a match where you kinda dominated is heartbreaking. Remember juve vs milan in the copa italia final hahha, that shit was depressing. Not that we lost, but they way we lost.

It looks like it's not the Europeans of the stars, but much more the Europeans of the collective of a team. Müller, Lewa, Ibra… lot of stars are very disappointing so far.

Man how I'd love to see Schär-Roma. Both able to build-up a play from the defense, both able to carry the ball from the defence into the attacking third if necessary. Both very strong in aerial duels. Schär moreover very dangerous in every set piece with his headers. Yeah I definitely liked to see that combo.

Thanks for your words :) . Man the most disappointing loss for me without doubts was 2005 final in Istanbul. I couldn't eatch any football game for weeks and I felt so depressed for at least a week even in my daily life. They way we lost that final to Liverpool... Man... Still hurts :lol:

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At the end of the day everything was on the hands of both teams best players; one scored his PK, the other did not. The trickiest game from the round of 16 because I did not if either team was going to bring their A game but from what I heard Switzerland was much better than Poland.

Lewandoski? Like many CFs now, they all try to be Zlatan now however they cannot do it at all.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
It looks like it's not the Europeans of the stars, but much more the Europeans of the collective of a team. Müller, Lewa, Ibra… lot of stars are very disappointing so far.

Man how I'd love to see Schär-Roma. Both able to build-up a play from the defense, both able to carry the ball from the defence into the attacking third if necessary. Both very strong in aerial duels. Schär moreover very dangerous in every set piece with his headers. Yeah I definitely liked to see that combo.

Thanks for your words :) . Man the most disappointing loss for me without doubts was 2005 final in Istanbul. I couldn't eatch any football game for weeks and I felt so depressed for at least a week even in my daily life. They way we lost that final to Liverpool... Man... Still hurts :lol:

Actually it says a lot about the qualities in top clubs compared to the national teams.

I wanted schar at milan before he moved to the bundesliga. Didn't heard about him since then until now. Did he have a good season?

Istanbul you say, well i was young at that time so it didn't affect me that much emotionally. But if it was today, i would be depressed for days :lol:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Actually it says a lot about the qualities in top clubs compared to the national teams.

I wanted schar at milan before he moved to the bundesliga. Didn't heard about him since then until now. Did he have a good season?

Istanbul you say, well i was young at that time so it didn't affect me that much emotionally. But if it was today, i would be depressed for days :lol:

Schär had a very Xhaka-esque start in the BL. Didn't adapt to the BL as fast as expected and then had some injury issues as well. However by the end of the season he got more and more minutes and it seems like he slowly is getting his shit together.

Man you've got to rewatch the highlights of this match. It was insane. First 45 minutes we banged Liverpool like they were an amateur club from Serie C - only difference it was a CL final and we lead 3:0 after 45 minutes. Then in the second half we stoped playing football for something like 6 minutes, and Liverpool scored three times within those 6 minutes. I mean wtf!? From the equaliser on until the end of the game after 120 minutes it was again the same like before, we outplaying Liverpool like crazy and getting chances over chances. But it was like someone put a spell on Dudeks goal. None of our chances went in. Unexplainable. And then in the penalties. We failed hard while Dudek was distracting our players with weird dances on the line. Never seen that dances before and never seen it again after.

However, we were by far the best team in Europe and Liverpool an outsider. When you hear players from Milan talk about that game you see how they struggle even today with that memories. Pirlo actually seriously considered to end his career as football player - that's how destroying it was.

Man that night. I will never forget that bitterness ;)