The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
He is completely right. Emphatic no. Theo excels when he has space to go on a darting run and use his speed to get past people. He doesn't use feints and skill moves to get past defenders.

I still reckon he'd be wondrous at that top right position... nobody plays wingers traditionally anymore. He is a WB naturally so helping out is no problem... given lighter workload, hope is he'd be decisive in getting us a result.

He has the pace and a very good shot... I'd like to see him burning his marker, cutting-in and shooting at goal.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Everybody keeps naming thauvin like he's category A1 or A2 player... same level as papu gomez.

He?s not but on a free he?s so much better than Noodle man. Can?t watch Noodle fuck up so often.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Great that Roma is looking. Top 4 is a must. I think it will be us, jube, merda, atalanta. But top 4 is a must. Roma looses, we win, we go +9. Thats very important.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The :b: way, tried & tested... if they can score... play them closer to the goal

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
A mercato without french talents is not a mercato, Milan has no ambition of building a big team

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
The more i watch Meite, the more i'm convinced that this is a transfer we'll be lauding at the end of the season.
yes, ideally
his ability to render opponent pressure useless is great. in that aspect he is a mix of both Bennacer and Kessie...Kessie uses strength in his dribbling, Bennacer uses elusive dribbling... he has both. meaning he can pair with either of them...of course we have to wait for chemistry and understanding to flourish.
little bit of bad new for Tonali, who'll surely play a little less now.

Am gonna wait to see his defensive skills.
But as a first impression he seems like a mix of both & probably can coexist with both.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
No, I think Theo needs the space he gets from playing LB. As a winger, he will hardly get as much space for sprints like that. I much rather get a winger right away, good LBs are much much harder to get and we have one of (if not) the best LB in the world. We don't need another LW anyway

right. i don't know why people keep bringing this up like they dont watch games.

Theo's strength he starts picking up speed in our half, where he is not marked, by the time he gets passed the middle where they are more serious about defending, he got enough speed to push the ball past the opponent and strength to push them away.

iirc, during GP tenure...there was this game where Theo had the ball in the last 25-30 yard on his side ... standing, isolated with the opposing RB... Theo litterally froze... i though he blacked out for 3-5 sec, standing ... then made a pass back..
those 30 or so yard were just not enough for him to do his thing.

Theo is amazing where he is. keep him there

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Season 2019/2020 & 2020/2021 :
Tomori played 25 games including CL games & he missed six days to a hip injury.
Simakan played 40 games & already missing 310 days to injuries including ligament rapture.

You are comparing number of games of a 23 and a 20 year old player. A dry loan and a 5 year contract.

Maldini and Moncada liked Simakan and he was the first option after they had followed him for a long time, anybody trying to make Simakan look not good because he is not joining us is salty.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't really see RW as that big of a problem. We have Saelemaekers who is developing into a crucial player in the first 11. Castillejo while not perfect does a good job of protecting the right side and helping move the ball up in the buildup. He's less direct than Alexis, and has to unfortunately always cut inside to release the ball, but he runs a lot and doesn't lose the ball. He does the job. The role of the RW is very specific and thankless, they have to cover a LOT of ground and still be sharp enough to start transitions.

I don't know much about Thauvin but from what I can tell he seems like a good winger but I doubt he has the intensity needed. I hope he does but the amount of work Saelemaekers puts in is very high.

Sort of agree.
I think I'll prefer Saele in big games even if Thauvin is available. Maybe even in all games, if Ibra's also on the pitch.

I see Thauvin as a post-Ibra alternative, especially for the ~20 games against minnows who deploy a low-block. Without Ibra, the lack of dependable goalscorers in our RW and CAM becomes painfully clear. The team had to sacrifice everything to break down Parma and Genoa.

Thauvin is a dependable goalscorer. But he can't match the intensity of Saele or Samu, or even Diaz. The striker would have to compensate for that, which is why I'm not eager to see Ibra and Thauvin together.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sort of agree.
I think I'll prefer Saele in big games even if Thauvin is available. Maybe even in all games, if Ibra's also on the pitch.

I see Thauvin as a post-Ibra alternative, especially for the ~20 games against minnows who deploy a low-block. Without Ibra, the lack of dependable goalscorers in our RW and CAM becomes painfully clear. The team had to sacrifice everything to break down Parma and Genoa.

Thauvin is a dependable goalscorer. But he can't match the intensity of Saele or Samu, or even Diaz. The striker would have to compensate for that, which is why I'm not eager to see Ibra and Thauvin together.

That's what i'm worried about, that Thauvin is just a better Suso.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sum1 like Overmars... but for the right side.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
I think that Roma are easier to beat then Lazio. I just don?t rate them. In the game against us they were so lucky to get away with a point. They will drop a lot more points in the upcoming month. Just happy they took something away from Inter.

The more i watch Meite, the more i'm convinced that this is a transfer we'll be lauding at the end of the season.
yes, ideally
his ability to render opponent pressure useless is great. in that aspect he is a mix of both Bennacer and Kessie...Kessie uses strength in his dribbling, Bennacer uses elusive dribbling... he has both. meaning he can pair with either of them...of course we have to wait for chemistry and understanding to flourish.
little bit of bad new for Tonali, who'll surely play a little less now.

Disagree with your logic. Tonali and Meite are 2 different players. Tonali is more direct replacement for Bennacer. Tonali will still play. Instead of playing with Kessie, he will play with Meite. Thats all

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Milan is now a modern, fast team. Needs strong, fast 1 on 1 players. MEite ok I dont know but thats dm. Mandzo is a warrior. RW needs to be fast and direct.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Our 3-3 draw was due to Giacomelli, that was a game we deserved 3 points.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
YF02S9BV

Status
Not open for further replies.