The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
kobe-bryant-lakers.gif

:proud:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I mean, I talk a lot of baseless shit here and many times I do write opinions just for the sake of it - it's what fans do.

But at the end of the day I'm quite aware that one of the biggest funds in the World has a better process of valuation of their assets than I can even grasp. They don't know shit about football but they know about valuation - it's what they do.

Just feel many people here lose sight of something this obvious.

100%. They?re also really happy with their investment as they keep on investing more into it.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I mean, I talk a lot of baseless shit here and many times I do write opinions just for the sake of it - it's what fans do.

But at the end of the day I'm quite aware that one of the biggest funds in the World has a better process of valuation of their assets than I can even grasp. They don't know shit about football but they know about valuation - it's what they do.

Just feel many people here lose sight of something this obvious.
I think Elliott might end up owning us for as much as five more years, or even more, unless someone comes along with a perfect offer for their needs.

We're heading towards black numbers, once we're there they really won't need to invest that much and can just keep the wheels spinning. MMM will have increasing freedom to operate.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I just dont many of our fans mentioning getting back to the old glory days with the way we are run nowadays.
Back then we were an elite team that was able to keep our core & win several titles.
For those you need sugar daddys.

Now we are trying to be a self sustained team.
Those will occasionally win titles & usually get dismantled right after a hit with elite teams buying their players.
A crucial part of a self sustained club is to sell players.

Am not nagging , i embraced our reality & am enjoying the ride.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just dont many of our fans mentioning getting back to the old glory days with the way we are run nowadays.
Back then we were an elite team that was able to keep our core & win several titles.
For those you need sugar daddys.

Now we are trying to be a self sustained team.
Those will occasionally win titles & usually get dismantled right after a hit with elite teams buying their players.
A crucial part of a self sustained club is to sell players.

Am not nagging , i embraced our reality & am enjoying the ride.

This is a lot better than what we had the las 10 years. I?m grateful that we now have an exciting team to watch every week. Are we already on or with the top 5 teams in Europe? No. Is it guaranteed that we will be? Of course not. But we will be regular challengers for the CL and unless something big changes that limits the impact of infinite resources, there?s not much more a club can do. We?re on a path that?s as good as it gets, without having to sell to a an Arab sovereign wealth fund or a crazy multibillionaire.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Its clear that our medical staff and fitness staff have done a horrible job. But to be fair Theo and MM injuries have nothing to do with that. This is just pure bad luck.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score

The guy is 17 and will turn 18 in a few weeks. Looks very impressive considering most of his opponents are 20-21. 2-3 years difference is huge at this age. The guy may grow into a great player in 2 seasons.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
I think Elliott might end up owning us for as much as five more years, or even more, unless someone comes along with a perfect offer for their needs.

We're heading towards black numbers, once we're there they really won't need to invest that much and can just keep the wheels spinning. MMM will have increasing freedom to operate.

It is suggested Suning want to keep hold of Inter at least until the new stadium is given the go-ahead, but with Italian red tape, that could be several years away.

Same with gordon, I reckon.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am really worried about Tatarusanu. Having him cover a few games is one thing, but having him as a starter for 16 games sounds like a nightmare... And among these games are Porto (twice), Atletico, Liverpool, Roma, merda, Napoli, Viola, etc. This can easily turn the season around in a negative way.

I hope our attack stays fit and clicks well and compensates for our mediocre GK.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mirante was so awful towards the end at Roma..

Like painful to watch

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
This is a lot better than what we had the las 10 years. I?m grateful that we now have an exciting team to watch every week. Are we already on or with the top 5 teams in Europe? No. Is it guaranteed that we will be? Of course not. But we will be regular challengers for the CL and unless something big changes that limits the impact of infinite resources, there?s not much more a club can do. We?re on a path that?s as good as it gets, without having to sell to a an Arab sovereign wealth fund or a crazy multibillionaire.
We will be regular participant in CL but i really doubt a regular contenders.
Am not saying we cant win it.
Am saying we wont be able to maintain a core that are able to go for it on a regular basis.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Absolute BS

Whats the point of Tata if we have to panic buy Mirante?

Why then have a unreliable second GK to beginwith?

And I would rather take a shot on Jugndal if the alternative is two geriatrics in the GK position as backups

Tata is backup for Mike.
Mirante is backup for Tata.
And the kid we called up is backup for Plizzari.

Or do you prefer that we have to start the Primavera kid against the likes of Porto if Tata gets hit too?

What Ryo said^

Mike is out now for a while, Plizzari too after his surgery. Tata would be our only keeper otherwise, so we need another two goalkeepers. Mirante coming in is fine, he provides that cover as does Jungdal. Maybe the latter just isn't trusted enough to step up in bigger games.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Crazy incident in Norway, some psycho walked around in a town and killed five people and injured numerous others with a fucking BOW AND ARROW.

What a way to go.

That's crazy, I'm always surprised when such things happen in the Nordic countries, usually they are safe. Luckily I never had any problems there, I've been in these countries quite often already (Finland every year recently), in Norway just two years ago.

Maybe he's some Viking descendant or whatever. Nowadays people get a lot of stupid ideas from tv, games etc.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am really worried about Tatarusanu. Having him cover a few games is one thing, but having him as a starter for 16 games sounds like a nightmare... And among these games are Porto (twice), Atletico, Liverpool, Roma, merda, Napoli, Viola, etc. This can easily turn the season around in a negative way.

I hope our attack stays fit and clicks well and compensates for our mediocre GK.

It think it became impossible for us to leave the group and depending on how Napoli keep doing we might even be a bit far behind to mount a scudetto challenge. Mike is that important for us. 12 Serie A games (if not more) is just too many points that might be lost. That?s almost a third of the season.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mirante was so awful towards the end at Roma..

Like painful to watch

Yeah, I don't know how some here have ended up with a positive opinion on Mirante and extremely negative on Tata.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know how some here have ended up with a positive opinion on Mirante and extremely negative on Tata.

Hitchens lost all sense hating on Tata for no reason and praising a past-it Mirante who was dire at the end of his Roma tenure. Still hope he succeeds here if he has to play of course, as with any player in our shirt.

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
Our injury list compared to other top Serie A teams is an absolute joke!

It happened last year and now it has happened once again. Almost half of the squad is out. Clearly, something must be wrong and hopefully, the club tries to solve this problem. If we continue to have these kinds of injuries throughout the season, it will be quite difficult to maintain a top 4 finish.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Milan goalkeeper Mike Maignan showed his wrist after surgery that will keep him out for 10 weeks and assures ?my left wing has been hit, but my return to the air will be frightening.?

Did they put him on class A morphine? :lol:

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Apart from the Roma game, I can't remember a bad performance from Tata. And that was his first.
Actually, I remember thinking that I wouldn't be so surprised if he kept his place for a few games even after Donnarumma returned.

Just had a look at his thread and all the posts are positive. People are allowing their negative attitude to cloud their judgement. Or just the fact he isn't well known.
People forgave Donnarumma of making so many mistakes.

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Its clear that our medical staff and fitness staff have done a horrible job. But to be fair Theo and MM injuries have nothing to do with that. This is just pure bad luck.
I don't know. Before the international break we played 7 games in 21 days, with many very intensive games like Liverpool, Atletico, Lazio and Juve. We looked fit af in every single one of them, even in the last one of that stretch against Atalanta.

I'm pissed too because of those injuries, there's a problem, can't deny, but I must say that our medical/fitness staff is also doing a lot of very good stuff.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Hitchens lost all sense hating on Tata for no reason and praising a past-it Mirante who was dire at the end of his Roma tenure. Still hope he succeeds here if he has to play of course, as with any player in our shirt.
A fair pasting.

I did moderate my initial strong take tho. Just a bit scarred after those howlers he had. Not exactly adept with his feet either.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Apart from the Roma game, I can't remember a bad performance from Tata. And that was his first.
Actually, I remember thinking that I wouldn't be so surprised if he kept his place for a few games even after Donnarumma returned.

Just had a look at his thread and all the posts are positive. People are allowing their negative attitude to cloud their judgement. Or just the fact he isn't well known.
People forgave Donnarumma of making so many mistakes.

As a keeper he?s fine, but we will badly miss Maignan? support during the buildup and his ability to sweep and his long quick clearances to Leao or wherever is in space. It?s a big reason why we could hurt teams at any moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule