Andrea Bertolacci Thread

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Very good signing.And if we paid Roma nice amount of money,it just show what big club we acctualy are.When was the last time that our rivals in the league bought from us players?Im not talking now of course,when we have shit players,but in the past.Does anyone knows when Juve,Inter Roma paid money to buy players from us?

Coco to Inter for 22.5m (2002/2003)
Zenoni to Juve for 15.5m (2001/2002)
Borrielo to Roma for 10m (2011/2012)
Davids to Juve for 8m (1997/1998)

PRIYO

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Sheva, Sergio Claudio, Ibra.
Coco to Inter was a swap w/ Seedorf no?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I?m still surprised that Roma let him go, he is a "romano di roma" thats not the kind of players you sell if you want some integrity in your club.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
I?m still surprised that Roma let him go, he is a "romano di roma" thats not the kind of players you sell if you want some integrity in your club.
Roma have too many quality midfielders. Bertolacci obviously won't be happy to sit on the bench after the way he performed last season.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Here is an excellent breakdown of what Bonaventura brings.

Lots to see there, too much to copy paste

I found this part interesting for a creative player:
Managing Sampdoria at the time, Mihajlovic afforded Soriano some flexibility, as he switched between No. 8 and No. 10.

During a 2-2 draw against AC Milan, Mihajlovic started Soriano as a central midfielder in a 4-3-3.

However, Sampdoria's formation shifted into a 4-2-1-3.

Alfred Duncan and Pedro Obiang formed the "2," while Soriano was the "1" in the 4-2-1-3.

Duncan and Obiang complemented Soriano, who drifted into a central attacking midfield role.

The advantage of playing Bertolacci in a free role is that he wins back the ball in the attacking half.

He is a more prolific tackler than Giacomo Bonaventura and Keisuke Honda.

Serie A 2014/15
Bertolacci Bonaventura Honda
Tackles Per 90 2.4 1.6 1.5
Tackles Per Foul 1.3 1.1 1.1
Tackle Success % 77.4 71.2 58.3
Interceptions Per 90 1.5 1.7 1.2

In some ways sounds like Seedorf type role during Carlo's days

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Just because you are playing his goal against Rami on loop doesnt make him a big player.

Bonaventura 2.0 utility player.

this is as shallow and incomplete as thoughts go.

i dont think anyone said that that one goal makes him a big player.

i dont think anyone even said that he's a big player.

none of you people seem to take the time to rationalise this transfer which would help you understand why this is a great signing.

but no, because he's not a foreigner (bundesfodder that you like so much) because he doesnt have a myriad of clubs chasing after him, because he's no superstar, he's automatically trash.

this type of logic will get you nowhere and its a shame that people like you judas act educated but cant scramble enough conjecture to hide the flaws in what you deem as logic.

you will eat your words. and i hope you do not choke on them.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
before you do that, go to the Bertolacci's thread and list the top 30 midfielders of Serie A from last season.

i'm still waiting for this horse shit man.

dont keep people waiting.

Nainggolan, Pirlo, Vidal, Marchsio, Pogba, Hamsik, Hernanes, Pereyra, Biglia, Parolo, Allan, Mauri, Vazquez, Bonaventura, Asamoah, Lulic, S.Keita, Borja Valero, Valdifiori, Soriano, Ekdal, Romulo, Pizzarro, Strootman, Vargas, Pjanic.

My bad he is indeed top 30, after these guys though.

Last edited:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Did he just say Asamoah ... the guy that was the entire season injured :lol:

Last edited:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
How many games did Strootman and Romulo play last season? Just wondering...

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Nainggolan, Pirlo, Vidal, Marchsio, Pogba, Hamsik, Hernanes, Pereyra, Biglia, Parolo, Allan, Mauri, Vazquez, Bonaventura, Asamoah, Lulic, S.Keita, Borja Valero, Valdifiori, Soriano, Ekdal, Romulo, Pizzarro, Strootman, Vargas, Pjanic.

think before you talk. i would ask you to put them in order of best to worse...but who am i kidding?

Did he just say Asamoah ... the guy that was the entire season injured :lol:

was just about to say the same about strootman and romulo before AC Kid posted.

ah well.

"He also just said Strootman and Romulo."

i'ma still hav a good laugh.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
was just about to say the same about strootman and romulo before AC Kid posted.

I didn't read the entire list, I stopped reading when I got to Asamoah ;) :lol: ... but yeah if I want to be picky, let's not forget Vargas who was either an unused sub or played like the last 15-20 minutes. Even Kurtic who was on loan from Sassuolo and was sold for 3 mill to Atalanta played more than Vargas.

Vargas a top 30 midfielder in Serie A :lol:, he did not even get a renewal offer now that his contract expired, together with Pizarro, they're both out of contract at Fiorentina :fp: .

We should definitely hire Pizarro and Vargas, since they are better than Bertolacci and they are free :D

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's 36 years old and this year he sucked.

The age is the problem and he didn't really suck , he played well when he was injury free.

A guy like him will give a lot of creativity to our midfield.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've seen more of him now and imo he is actually a 15m+ player.
His passing was a lot better than I expected - quick decision-making, usually looking for vertical passes. Very good link-up play, excellent shooting technique with both feet, high defensive work rate for his type, decent pace and stamina. He is what we tried/are trying to make out of Saponara and Bonaventura.

But I don't think he'll be what we'll need in our midfield-three. The priority should be natural CMs who know how to defend. Bertolacci was Genoa's most advanced midfielder, pretty much a CAM at times. Genoa compensated for this with a 3CB-system and the legendary Juraj Kucka doing the defensive work of 2 players.

I can see him thrive in a midfield-three of a 4-3-1-2 with Ibra and a bunch of high work rate players. Or in a well-organized Ibra-less team with a proper anchor and another top quality midfielder beside him.

But outside those conditions he's a CAM. A poor man's Oscar, perhaps, but still veery good.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Strootman, Romulo and Asamoah didn't play at all last season. Do you even follow the league?

Albin fucking Ekdal :lol:
Pizzarro, Vargas... Hernanea, Pirlo, Borja, Hamsik, Panic all had shit seasons

Valdifiori, Soriano were not better. Vazquez is an attacker.. I could go on and on.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Strootman, Romulo and Asamoah didn't play at all last season. Do you even follow the league?

Albin fucking Ekdal :lol:
Pizzarro, Vargas... Hernanea, Pirlo, Borja, Hamsik, Panic all had shit seasons

Valdifiori, Soriano were not better. Vazquez is an attacker.. I could go on and on.

Bertolacci is a better CAM or advanced mid than at least 70% of those he mentioned.

But there are tons of midfielders in Serie A who are better defensively than him.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Moggster showing he knows nothing about Serie A and maybe football in general :lol: I still remember he claimed that Urby andConstant were better than Sciglio :fp:

Rotti

Milan Icon
Reaction score
3709a9e2703ea076a7b1a5e07a2f1a89-57473-1404820563.jpeg

Studolacci.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score

After Hernanes, bertolacci is for sure better than literally every player on that list. And some before that as well.

Actually, pjanic and Borja are probably better. Otherwise that's a ton of players who you wasted your time typing

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
:lol:

Not as in Hernanes is better. As in the name being a benchmark after which basically none of the players are really better than berto

Dude, you need to stop talking and making it worse ... picking Borja and Hernanes as the best of the bunch and putting Bertolacci after them will get you in the same hole with Moggster.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't know whether to list him with CMs or AMs as his playing style doesn't really fit in either category.