The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
A left footed ball playing defender? Some teams will spend 30m on a cardboard cutout that has that description.

In your dreams bro.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Noone will match Romagnolis wage demands, not even prem clubs imo..thats 125k per week before tax..Van Dijk earns like 170k per week..

Van Dijk's 180k per week is in gross.

6m net is roughly 200k GBP per week before tax.

However I strongly doubt Romagnoli is demanding that salary at this moment.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
6 mln € looooool.....

One needs to play on a 6mln level first, not on Lazio out of form level...

Ball playing cb? Kjaer is our playmaker. Capitano oassing was also shit this year. When we talk bout passing, Tomori needs to work on it also

Last edited:

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Van Dijk's 180k per week is in gross.

6m net is roughly 200k GBP per week before tax.

However I strongly doubt Romagnoli is demanding that salary at this moment.

Sorry I ment Roma wants 6mil net while Van Dijk has 8.5 and the likes of Stones, Walker, Ruben Duas, Silva etc are all under 6

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A left footed ball playing defender? Some teams will spend 30m on a cardboard cutout that has that description.

This

Romagnoli has been poor for a while but whilst he had his haters always he was a solid CB before and the qualities you mentioned make him a fit for a lot of big teams

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Juve tried for him he seems to be the type of a profile they'd sign especially w Chielini and Bonucci nearing ends of their ropes

I'd rather we keep him if he agrees to renew at a reasonable wage and is willing to pick himself up - this may be what he needed to make a leap. I won't cry if he leaves, we're covered with Tomori, Kjaer, Kalulu and Gabbia who I all rate. We would be able to afford another Simakan-type attempt if Roma left.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Where did this myth grow from? Romagnoli's ball skills are average at best. When have you last seen him start an attack? We mostly do it through Kjaer's long passes.

Cassano: ?Do you know who told me Tomori was strong? Thiago Silva. I had seen him a few times, he told me ?look at Tomori?. He arrived in Italy and has already won a place by taking out the AC Milan captain.?

Antonio can't pass on an occasion to stir shit up :D

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sorry I ment Roma wants 6mil net while Van Dijk has 8.5 and the likes of Stones, Walker, Ruben Duas, Silva etc are all under 6

Those are not net figures.

Van Dijk's annual net base salary is 6m EUR.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Pioli: ?Leao? You are very good at finding negativity in large numbers. I am satisfied with his performances. Tomorrow he will start from the beginning. Mentally he is ready. He has to show his characteristics.?

Pioli: ?Rebic? He's fine and he could play from the start. He played a great game on Sunday. Rebic is very good at attacking depth. It will be the same tomorrow. Leao has good movement forward.”

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People that think we can get anything over 15 million for Romagnoli... :lol:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People that think we can get anything over 15 million for Romagnoli... :lol:

Raiola and Romagnoli will pick whoever offers them the highest salary and signing bonus.

I think he'll stay until his contract expires, or they'll push for a move to a club that's not willing to pay a significant transfer fee.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can never see Roma getting 6M. Which self respectable team would cough that up for him... unless he's going to EPL, but then again, Italians in EPL, kinda rare sight. And in general, that actually counts for every other league outside of Italy.

I'm also pretty sure the plan in the long run is to use him as backup CB, which he rightfully is, but will never agree to... so a sale in the end is inevitable.

If he loses his starting spot then Romagnoli isn't sticking around. The only club in Italy that will pay him that wage is Juve. He could probably be a replacement for Chiellini.

Unless Juve straight up pay for him maybe some sort of swap involving Douglas Costa?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If he loses his starting spot then Romagnoli isn't sticking around. The only club in Italy that will pay him that wage is Juve. He could probably be a replacement for Chiellini.

Unless Juve straight up pay for him maybe some sort of swap involving Douglas Costa?

With Juve, it's probably better we take money :lol:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Douglas Costa's transfer value is currently 0 due to his 6m salary, age, injury history and bad performances.

That's why he's on dry loan at Bayern.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Douglas Costa's transfer value is currently 0 due to his 6m salary, age, injury history and bad performances.

That's why he's on dry loan at Bayern.

I would just prefer a straight sale if that was the case, but looking at players on their team I'm sure he would be one that would be linked to Milan seeing that we need a RW.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
me when I looked at your avatar

rw9zx9M_700wa_0.gif

Any suggestions? Ill take any

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Ibrahimovic at Sanremo conference:

Damn, Ibra kind of lost me with this one. I guess he can get away with it because he's injured. But if he wasn't and he actually went to this crap over playing the Udinese game... :fp:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

What? Lets make it clear, romagnoli is nothing special with the ball at his feet

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
6m is Roma?s opening offer, he probably wants like 4,5-5,5m. I?d find everything till 4,5 reasonable and would go up till 5 million.

Same with Hakan.

People here are worried about inflating wages which I understand, but at some point we also have to show players that they can spend their prime here too and that they can get beyond the 3-4m mark here. Even if we say no to Hakan and Roma it is norhing you can ultimately prevent if we want to get back to the top.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
6m is Roma?s opening offer, he probably wants like 4,5-5,5m. I?d find everything till 4,5 reasonable and would go up till 5 million.

Same with Hakan.

People here are worried about inflating wages which I understand, but at some point we also have to show players that they can spend their prime here too and that they can get beyond the 3-4m mark here. Even if we say no to Hakan and Roma it is norhing you can ultimately prevent if we want to get back to the top.

Players have to prove they are worth top salaries - Currently I cant justify giving Romagnoli an improved contract but if management believes that he can adjust his game and improve and be vital then that may be acceptable.
Hakan getting a significantly improved contract for half a season of exemplary performance for all the time he has been here is an even larger leap for me.

Old Milan would've given both of them contracts long ago, if this new guard is cold they will replace Romagnoli for sure and save on wages. Hakan they may draw out and then sell if he cant replicate that open play form from last year.

I'm not too worried. I think management will make sound financial choices, I just hope if the players are here they can reach a new level

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score

What exactly did he do to earn that salary? Imo if anyone deserves 5 mil its Kessie, Bennacer and Theo not Roma

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Same with Hakan.

You can't be serious... :fp:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Same with Hakan.

So we should hand out contracts based on tenureship rather than merit? Hakan probably had maybe 1 full season of decent football during his time here and Romagnoli has been stagnant in terms of his growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.