Official: Rafael Leão Thread

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just want him to run more. That’s my only concern with him. In fact, with his dribbling ability I’d want to see him take people on even more. Be selfish a bit. Sometimes he has space and he slows the game down to keep the ball circulating.

I think if Rangnick brings that 4222 he will be a good fit in the front two. He will have to run more though. He and rebic could be a super dynamic combo, but all that speed and strength is useless is you’re standing around all the time.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I agree @Balo45, I want to see him take more risks like Rebic that are low risk but high reward as someone put it.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
188cm

Growing physically even more

Top 3 fastest player in team (with Theo & Rebic)

Second after Paqueta for skills

Scoring enough goals after the quarantine

Still needs to run more, work harder, and maybe with time improve his shoting more.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
OK I've seen enough of this kid this season to conclude that the team post Ibra needs to be built around him.

1. He's so good with the ball at his feet but seems lost when he's without it.
2. He could play on the left too but striker/SS is probably the best role for him
3. He has pace skill and strength...a rare combination. He's kind of tall too.

Pls Milan don't fuck it up.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Interms of potential, he is up there with dembele and mbappe
Can’t believe we managed to sign such player. Now the question is can we develope him into the superstar we know he can be..?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Interms of potential, he is up there with dembele and mbappe
Can?t believe we managed to sign such player. Now the question is can we develope him into the superstar we know he can be..?

This happens when you look for talents in France or in Portugal. Ligue 1 is where the likes of Mbappe, Dembele, Martial, Osimhen come from. I've been saying for years, it's where we should look.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree @Balo45, I want to see him take more risks like Rebic that are low risk but high reward as someone put it.

I said that about Rebic.
But I think Leao is taking just as many risks.
In fact he's too in love with dribbling.
He's preserving energy off-ball for these tricks, but he hasn't earned those Messi or Ibra type of privileges. He thinks he can dribble his way into the starting XI, but Pioli clearly wants him to play with more urgency and less nonsense like the extra trick he keeps making.
He also needs to drift centrally more often rather than expecting the ball out wide every time.

Extremely talented, but his talent was never in doubt.
The switch to 4-2-3-1 was unfortunate for him, since he's a second striker or a wide forward, but I think he could still adapt with some maturity and humility.

For the love of god train him into a cf.

Pioli tried that in October/December, but receiving the ball in wide positions is deeply ingrained in Leao's game.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
If the team improves into next season and confidence is high i can see it being a great season for Leao.

Next season he will have a year of Serie A experience and many months working with Zlatan. The future looks good for him.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
A guy with potential to be a highest celling player fur us. Tbh the only player in our team I think can create something out of nothing, to score a Messi-esque type of goal. His flair is immense.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A guy with potential to be a highest celling player fur us. Tbh the only player in our team I think can create something out of nothing, to score a Messi-esque type of goal. His flair is immense.

Need more muscles,but I can see that he will be a monster in year or two.Very talented.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
sXFNSQO.gif

replay - https://i.imgur.com/JaMRTMB.gif

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
A real shame about his injury. Was phenomenal prior to that even without a goal.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
I always have Neymar vibes when I see Leao touches the ball. He has immense talent, never been so excited about a talent like this since Pato.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
6 goals and 1 assist (2 if we're betting petty and counting yesterday's OG) is an excellent return for a 20-year old in his first season in Italy, mainly coming off the bench. Barring a black swan event, the only way for someone with his upside, is of course, up.

I'm very impressed with his ability to travel with the ball forward. In my opinion, there are only a few missing pieces of the jigsaw before he rounds his edges and becomes world-class, namely end-product, work ethic and maturity that will surely come with age. Would be naive to write him off, because the talent is evidently there.

As for the rest, I reckon it's not too long before he'll be putting Serie A to the sword.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He's as talented as CR7 but without his inhuman work ethic which I guess that's a talent too.

If he can remove the extra flashiness, he can become so lethal.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
He had like 3-5 spectacular shots that hit the posts this season.

If he keeps working he can become sensational. I just love to watch his shots

Next step offensively is off the ball movement and positioning (pressing should be a must from the start of next season) so he can play with or without Ibra.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Not as good as CRonaldo, our best talent since Pato.

He has everything. The only thing he hasn't shown is a crazy work ethic, and on that he can improve.

He has scored every type of goal this season and got round defenders in so many different ways they can't even be noted down.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
If that bicycle attempt had gone in :eek:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So his preferred positions are SS and LW, so we should probably plan with him as a LW, Hakan‘s position would be a stretch and I think that he has a somewhat narrower tactical role as LW is good for his development and will help to keep him grounded.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
I think how Leao plays will have a big impact on what we do this season.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Leao to erupt next season, you heard it here first

Dai Milan

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
This kid will be one of the most promising young players in the world by the end of the season, I can’t wait to see him. I hope he recovers from his injury soon so he can get some continuity from early in the season.

Schedule