Massimo Ambrosini Thread

zale

Banned
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
^^^You must have misunderstood, he's not ready for retirement, he's ready to sign one of those world-famous Milan retirement deals expiring @ the player's 37th birthday ;)

My bad..when is the management going to learn,i dont see no other team braggin about: oh this player is ready to retire whit us,oh yeah thats soo gonna help us win something...

I guess the only thing wee can hope is that baldies head some how explodes and wee get some one else instead.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Unfortunately when it comes to players who have been playing for so long for the team, Milan is so loyal and they all tend to end their career in Milan. Maldini, Costacurta, Baresi to name a few recent examples (Albertini being the only exception). Max will surely join the list since he's been with Milan since season 96-97. I see nothing wrong with that but it also blocked younger players breaking into the team.

I guess we keeping him the way we keep Costacurta : not much of a help in the overall performance of the team, good performance here and there but will serve as valuable link between generations of players.

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
Passion for *9* said:
Injury-is-my-middle-name Ambrosini makes it known that he is ready for a retirement deal.

Milan Ambrosini 'Voglio chiudere la carriera in rossonero'

15:38 del 22 febbraio

Massimo Ambrosini giura amore eterno al Milan: "Vedremo da qui a fine anno. I segnali non devono arrivare sicuramente da me. Fosse per me finirei la carriera al Milan - ha detto il centrocampista, il cui contratto con i rossoneri scade nel 2008 - Spero di avere altre opportunita' per mettermi in mostra, ci sono ancora tre mesi tra Champions e campionato e noi cercheremo di prendere tutto quello che possiamo. Fisicamente ora sto bene, e' stato giusto prendere una pausa per mettermi a posto definitivamente. Per la voglia di giocare il rischio e' sempre quello di rientare troppo in fretta, ma e' giusto giocare solo quando si sta bene".

Well, after the goal today, Galliani will set up the contract this night, if he haven't done it yet. ;)

RATM

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ambrosini was one of Milan's worst players on the pitch until he popped up with the goal tonight.Most ppl would've been calling for his head if he hadn't scored.

Mystik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Although I'm thankful for his last minute goals, he doesn't have the quality necessary for a permanent first team position though.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
The deciding factor

Massimo Ambrosini has built a reputation down through the seasons as the player who can score that all-important goal when it is needed as he proved against Sampdoria.

6096_news.jpg

Massimo Ambrosini has his own special way on the pitch. He says he is just mixing it up, but anyway that you look at it Ambro is simply brilliant at turning the game into another match to remember. Below are the games where he has scored the only goal of the game:

1999-00 - Milan-Piacenza 1-0
2000-01 - Milan-Napoli 1-0
2003-04 - Lazio-Milan 0-1
2006-07 - Milan-Sampdoria 1-0

There have been plenty of other occasions where he has snatched the winner or made sure that Milan gained a draw at least. We remember the one he scored in the Champions League, on the night when he was wearing the captain’s armband and headed the ball into the back of the net against PSV. More recently, in February of 2004 Massimo again headed the ball in past Lazio at the Olympic Stadium for a vital goal in the Rossoneri’s chase at the top of the table.

1999-00 - Torino-Milan 2-2
2000-01 - Verona-Milan 1-1
2001-02 - Milan-Verona 2-1
2002-03 - Como-Milan 1-2
2003-04 - Milan-Roma 2-1 (Italian Cup as captain under the Curva Sud just like yesterday evening)
2004-05 - Atalanta-Milan 1-2

In the Roma game, Ambrosini was sporting the captain’s armband just as he was yesterday evening as well and, only a week after having caused plenty of problems for Siena, tonight he pushed past Sampdoria’s defence as the seconds ticked down towards the final whistle. Palermo, Empoli, Lazio and Fiorentina have been warned: Milan have what it takes to fight for each and every inch of the field until the last second of each game. Not to mention the Rossoneri’s not-so-secret weapon, Massimo, the man who seems to have a kind of sixth sense when it comes to scoring. Ambro is off the injury list and he is ready and determined to have the final say as we get towards the crucial stage of the campaign, having played his part in the last two games.

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=41118

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
Below are the games where he has scored the only goal of the game:

1999-00 - Milan-Piacenza 1-0
2000-01 - Milan-Napoli 1-0
2003-04 - Lazio-Milan 0-1
2006-07 - Milan-Sampdoria 1-0

I believe he must also be mentioned when he scored in a game that Milan won by 1 goal margin: 98-99 vs Sampdoria :D (3-2) and 01-02 vs Torino (2-1).

zZ[-_-]Zz said:
There have been plenty of other occasions where he has snatched the winner or made sure that Milan gained a draw at least.

1999-00 - Torino-Milan 2-2
2000-01 - Verona-Milan 1-1
2004-05 - Atalanta-Milan 1-2
There's also the home game draw in 01-02 vs Juve (2-2)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Then there's The Goal that got PSV out of our hair two years ago. :)

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
From D&G MF

Slight accident, watch this space.

Last edited:

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
Looks like his recent displays have gotten him some recognition as he is being re-called to the Azzurri for an upcoming game...

late-re-bloomer? maybe, maybe not, but he is scoring lately and for that im thankful

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
gaizka22 said:
I believe he must also be mentioned when he scored in a game that Milan won by 1 goal margin: 98-99 vs Sampdoria :D (3-2)
I think that was not Ambrosini's goal. He took the cornerkick and Leonardo scored in the 93th minutes.

chuel

RICONQUISTIAMOLA!
Reaction score
is ambrosini injured? why is he not include in the squad against ROMA this tomorrow ? :conf:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I've been looking but haven't found anything yet. But you'd think A. would put him in his squad. Let's hope nothing terrible had happened.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
he is apparently sufferin' from muscular fatigue...

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
milan01g.jpg

From last night. Talk about a knife through the heart. :head:

Ilgenio

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Gattuso, Ancelotti, Stam, Seedorf, Kaladze, Weah, Vucinic
Ambro the General of midfield

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi; Baresi; Van basten; Maldini; Buffon
Great game by Ambro worth of a team captain

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
BMWTaylor said:
milan01g.jpg

From last night. Talk about a knife through the heart. :head:

22_231303.JPG

A contrast of emotions. Ambrosini lead by example and I couldn't split him and Kaka. Maldini and all the Milan faithful can rest assure when il captiano calls it a day because the future of Milan, in a leaderships sense, is in very good hands.

I'm just soo happy for Ambro after all he has gone through he just thrives on the big games and was nothing short of sensational tonight.
:proud:

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
He was the best player on the field tonight! No doubt about it. Perfect, just perfect...

Keep it up Ambro!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Ambro's role used to be a second half sub, coming in and winning games through his marauding runs into the box coupled with his strong aerial abilities. Not anymore.

Against Celtic, Ambro played the ball to Kaka' for the winner; last night, not only did he play Gila through, Kaka's chance in the second half was also an Ambro through ball. Couple this with his work rate + his defensive abilities and you have a complete midfielder. When Pirlo was misfiring last night, Ambro stepped up and didn't disappoint.

Rustamka_Ambro

Milanista 23
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ambrosini, Pirlo, Pippo Inzaghi
Hey you blond c**t...You are finally back to yourself.... It is been a while, since I saw a series of decent performances, injury free...

Keep it up mate.....!!!!! Forza Ambro

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Massimo Ambrosini sees the hand of fate giving Milan the opportunity to avenge their 2005 defeat to Liverpool.

“When I saw our opponents in the Final would be Liverpool, I thought that life is strange and always gives you another chance,” smiled the midfielder.

“We had done it that night, all we had to do was finish the job. Now we have that opportunity.”

Ambrosini was one of the players in Istanbul in 2005 when the Rossoneri were leading 3-0 only to lose on penalties after a 3-3 draw.

Now Carlo Ancelotti’s men have another shot at the trophy in Athens on May 23, earning that right thanks to a magnificent performance to eliminate Manchester United 5-3 on aggregate.

“We progressed because our individual talents put themselves at the total service of the collective and in so doing they shone even brighter. Kaka, Clarence Seedorf and Pippo Inzaghi worked their behinds off. As for Manchester, their soloists did their own thing and they were beaten. Milan always manage to find their strength at the right time.”

Inter have made cutting comments about Milan’s Champions League status, though Ambrosini reminds them of what it takes to be the only Italian side in the final four.

“Of the 14 players who took part in the semi-final, eight of them were Italian. We are very proud of that and so are our fans, not that we want to criticise anyone, of course.”

It has been a particularly stressful journey for the Italian international, who has struggled with a series of injuries over the past few years.

“The setbacks were incessant. When I finally got back to playing regularly, I rediscovered that mentality I had lost. I wasn’t exactly afraid I’d have to retire, but I did fear I would never be able to play at a certain level again. There were terrible moments in which I was just so exhausted of it all, as the moment I returned I’d get another minor injury.”

Yet Ambrosini could be set for a departure in the summer, as he is one of the few stars yet to extend his contract past June 2008.

“For now I am only focused on May 23,” he told the ‘Corriere dello Sport’. “I am honoured by the interest from Fiorentina, as they are a great squad with an excellent Coach in Cesare Prandelli.”
Does that mean he'll be leaving us next season ... =(

Fyrstnissen

Sempre Rossoneri!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Maldini, Kaka and Gourcuff
why would ambro leave us for Fiorentina? :S That would be a stupid move..

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
He would never get to play as a starter if we revert back to the 4-1-2-1-2 system that is preferred by A.
The only reason he gets regular and important games now is because of the lack of options to field two strikers up front, with kaka being made to move into that role.
Id like to see him stay as he is a good option off the bench, but fiorentina will pormise regular starting football every time, and while he wont win the CL with them, hopefully he would already have won it twice in his career with us.

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
I wouldn't want Ambro to leave, however his sale would probably force ancelotti to buy a new player.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Marcus said:
I wouldn't want Ambro to leave, however his sale would probably force ancelotti to buy a new player.
Unless that barusso guy fits the billing.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
pipa said:
Does that mean he'll be leaving us next season ... =(
If we life the trophy this May 23rd, there's a very big chance he may leave. However, I doubt that possibility because Max is a perfect player. He and Rino are the only two that can secure Pirlo in Milan at this time, it's clear that when Pirlo plays between Rino and Max, he has more freedom and time to play efficiently. Before, when there was only Rino, Pirlo was not this relaxed. I can't see Ambrossini leaving but we have to wait and see.

BUT, it's also clear that he's not popular here :D . Years with Milan, and only 14 pages in his thread :D :head: .

Last edited:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
I want him to stay. He was one of our best players in last game. Ancelotti should give him more chance to play. Hope he stays.

Schedule