Forza Milan...

Last edited:

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
Faяouk said:
It's to stop trolling and to save them the bunch of insults thrown at them without knowing that they did something wrong. They should get used to the forum here before they start opening threads. 90% of the newbies here who open threads they are pretty useless or we have an exact existing thread.
Ok.

You were a 'newbie' once, were you not? Would you enjoy your stay here if being oppressed and being denied that ability of opening threads?

I think not, neither would I; to be honest I'd probably head to a more 'welcoming' forum.

And 'newbies' are what keep the forum perpetuating; if they started leaving, it would be detrimental to the health of this forum.

I'd rather hear what a newbie has to say - even if it has already been posted/whatever than suppress their voice, effectively ignoring them.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
red&black_fever said:
Ok.

You were a 'newbie' once, were you not? Would you enjoy your stay here if being oppressed and being denied that ability of opening threads?

I think not, neither would I; to be honest I'd probably head to a more 'welcoming' forum.

And 'newbies' are what keep the forum perpetuating; if they started leaving, it would be detrimental to the health of this forum.

I'd rather hear what a newbie has to say - even if it has already been posted/whatever than suppress their voice, effectively ignoring them.

Of course I was a newbie once, and I was completely ignored even though I had the ability to open threads. I opened couple of useless threads that existed and got insulted, wasn't a nice start. And that's exactly what happens with every other newbie, so most of them end up leaving.

Why not have a sub forum for newbies to discuss whatever they want to, and then they could join us after a certain period and after getting used to the whole system.

Remember, some join here and they have never heard of the word forum, not everybody can use this thing. They need time to get used to it.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Faяouk said:
Of course I was a newbie once, and I was completely ignored even though I had the ability to open threads. I opened couple of useless threads that existed and got insulted, wasn't a nice start. And that's exactly what happens with every other newbie, so most of them end up leaving.

Why not have a sub forum for newbies to discuss whatever they want to, and then they could join us after a certain period and after getting used to the whole system.

Remember, some join here and they have never heard of the word forum, not everybody can use this thing. They need time to get used to it.
i think they make an account to be able to post IN THIS FORUM, and its stupid to give them a subforum

you learnt the hard way? i learnt the hard way...they should too
and if they end up leaving after sumone calls them a troll then fuck off, they wouldnt have lasted anyways :o

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
crazymilangirl said:
i think they make an account to be able to post IN THIS FORUM, and its stupid to give them a subforum

you learnt the hard way? i learnt the hard way...they should too
and if they end up leaving after sumone calls them a troll then fuck off, they wouldnt have lasted anyways :o

Well, you've got him to blame, he lead me to saying this. :tongue:

No, seriously... most here join when they haven't read something posted here and high percentage haven't ever used a forum before. They join here without having a single idea on how to use this thing or how to be heard, and c'mon newbies are mostly ignored till they become a primavera or even a senior team member.

Let them join a place where they can meet with their fellow newbies and be taught by moderators on how to use this forum well and how to get along with others, and ones who get the point should join.

It's kind of like the idea of school, you get taught to reach the next step. They don't throw you at college without passing school + SAT... do they?

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
By creating a two-class segregated community all you're asking for is trouble.

I don't see any problem with the current system in place.

Faяouk said:
and c'mon newbies are mostly ignored till they become a primavera or even a senior team member.
Um, I don't know about you, but I judge a persons 'value' or 'worth' to the forum by their input, not by silly user titles.

I don't judge people just because they are 'newbies' but as I stated, their input to the community.

A forum is a place to discuss, debate and express ones self, by suppressing someone and denying them the right to do so you are effectively negating the whole purpose of the forum.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Faяouk said:
Also I liked the ruled that David added a while ago, anybody who doesn't contribute with something useful about AC Milan should be banned, but I don't see it used here... hell lots of members just post in off topic or even in multimedia or stuff not Milan related, we join here because we are Milan fans so our first objective should be to talk Milan. I say we should have a members clean up here, a lot of members have to go. Even if we'd stick with 100-150 members it's going to be much better, quality over quantity.
We only have about 30 regulars anyway. A clean up would take wayyyyy too long when we've got 7000 + members.
David adedd that rule? Why are some of our strictly OT members still here then?

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
red&black_fever said:
By creating a two-class segregated community all you're asking for is trouble.

I don't see any problem with the current system in place.

I don't know about you, but I judge a persons 'value' or 'worth' to the forum by their input, not by silly user titles.

I don't judge people just because they are 'newbies' but as I stated, their input to the community.

A forum is a place to discuss, debate and express ones self, by suppressing someone and denying them the right to do so you are effectively negating the whole purpose of the forum.

That's how I see it; if you want to improve the future of this forum, then you should work on the quality of the coming members who will be the future of this forum. I see it like a football team, you have a youth team for a reason. If you just leave it the way it is now, newbies will either leave after insults or leave because they can't get used to the whole thing, or will stay and mostly ignored because they'll post crap.

Gila#11 said:
We only have about 30 regulars anyway. A clean up would take wayyyyy too long when we've got 7000 + members.
David adedd that rule? Why are some of our strictly OT members still here then?

I say delete all members who haven't posted since 2007, not posting for four months means that you don't belong here anymore. We'll have then about 300? 400? members. Delete all off topics and newbies who post crap. And yes David added that rule but off topics are yet to leave.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
i suggest keepin' Passion for *9* banned for eternity... the atmosphere has been so much nicer & friendlier since her departure...
I agree, sort of. She's capable of having intelligent conversations with people, but her short fuse gets in the way too often.

If you haven't posted here for a year, then you're gone, though veterans like most of us who have oodles of posts would be given a little more leeway.

Why this huge influx of newbies all of a sudden? And nearly all of the threads begin with "Hello from [insert country here]!" Strange.

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
Why this huge influx of newbies all of a sudden? And nearly all of the threads begin with "Hello from [insert country here]!" Strange.
Maybe the Champions League progress?

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
censorthiis said:
Maybe the Champions League progress?
Nah, there's only four teams left, and even though they're a bunch of tightasses over there, Xtratime is the best place to follow non-Milan CL action.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
red&black_fever said:
Edit: Kyara, the a chat room/shout box is a great idea - prevents people from straying from the original topic. Where you put it - have a specific sub forum or ...?
The way it's usually done is by putting a link for the chat room in the main forum buttons above and the shoud box would be embedded somewhere on the main page (bottom of the page for instance) :)

I liked some of the suggestions there, but no input from David yet? :tongue:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
zZ[-_-]Zz(always have to copy/paste this nick) had a good suggestion IMO in game thread - smileylimit. Some posts are so hard to read cause posters put so many smileys, colours and other stuff that you really have to desipher them. At Estonian soccerforum - 4 smileys per post is a limit. Which would be the first proposition to open the discussion.

PS! And people use the "Preview post" function and think for a second from others point of view if that post is easily understandable :)

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jasper said:
zZ[-_-]Zz(always have to copy/paste this nick) had a good suggestion IMO in game thread - smileylimit. Some posts are so hard to read cause posters put so many smileys, colours and other stuff that you really have to desipher them. At Estonian soccerforum - 4 smileys per post is a limit. Which would be the first proposition to open the discussion.

PS! And people use the "Preview post" function and think for a second from others point of view if that post is easily understandable :)
LOL omg..im sorry :cry: (1)
ai crap, i only used one here :tongue: (2) then :) (3) but thats it

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Jasper said:

I'm all for it, but only on smilies. I really like the way my MULTIFONT/MULTICOLOUR posts look. :D

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I guess that wouldn't work here, since you wouldn't be able to post over 4 pics as well. Therefore we have to hope that everyone looks into him/herself on the subject;)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I suggest to move the "Suggestion box" out of offtopic and put it to "Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support" subforum :tongue:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
here's a new smiley to add to the collection...
ole.gif

Nice !!! :D

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
How about adding Montenegrian flag? :)

Giallorossi

Curva Sud
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti - De Rossi - Montella - Panucci - Mexes
Well, after my 2 week ban I thought I would clear a few things up, also seeing as the original thread was deleted.

I was banned for "insults" to other people while BMW was also taken off for personal attacks on me.

Anyways, I was civilised and did try to get along, but I was a victim to attacks by other people and particularly BMW.

Well, if my time he did result in BMW been taken off as a mod and Passion 4 9 been banned then it can be classed as a success. ;)

At least there a few decent Milan fans out there, the rest were as expected.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
So is Passion free to post again now? Or is she still banned for breach of her parole?

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Tsar said:
So is Passion free to post again now? Or is she still banned for breach of her parole?
her id doesnt say shes banned.
I wouldnt be surprised if she attempts to boycott the forum for a couple of days out of anger but comes a-crawlin back out of boredom.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
I for one hope she doesn't decide to leave, but I can see why she would.

Marb

Beginner
Reaction score
I have one suggestion for this forum:
-if you can add an option for a warning (1 or 2) before being banned.

What do you think?

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*I* have another suggestion for this forum:
- what if we dont let banned people come back?
i think you can find this " permanently banned" in the forum rules but havent happened yet...

But since we let most people come back, when is Cuore coming back?

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Can I have 1) a Trinidad and Tobago flag please (It's red and Black too :D :D )
2) a default Ronaldo avatar :o