Alexandre Pato Thread

How many goals will Pato score for Milan in 2012-2013?

• Total voters

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Oh well in that case he didn't fully understand my post. By 'space' i was more referring to the criticism he should receive from us his fans. He is very young and we have to be patient with these dips in form as frustrating as they might be. At his age he's more consistent than CR7 and aguero so we just have to ride this shit wave out.

LOL. Well that too...

I still think we overrate his creative ability. It's like if we were arsenal and sold fabregas and said we have van pwrsie to replace him

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
i don't really care whats going on with pato, but I know he needs to step it up. he had 2 amazing chances today and messed both up... one of those goals go in... we win... really, pato gets free passes as he should because of his age, but enough is enough... he's played 1 good game for us and he needs to at least begin to show fight. at least if his shot and touch are a bit off, he could show some determination and try to get it back.
It's pretty hard to know if he's trying or not. In sports some notes look like you're lethargic or trying to be cheeky when really you're just trying to do things effectively.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
retards now criticise pato and defend pirlo :eek: :o

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i don't really care whats going on with pato, but I know he needs to step it up. he had 2 amazing chances today and messed both up... one of those goals go in... we win... really, pato gets free passes as he should because of his age, but enough is enough... he's played 1 good game for us and he needs to at least begin to show fight. at least if his shot and touch are a bit off, he could show some determination and try to get it back.
It's pretty hard to know if he's trying or not. In sports some notes look like you're lethargic or trying to be cheeky when really you're just trying to do things effectively.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
retards now criticise pato and defend pirlo :eek: :o

Hi my name is ashish and I was born in bangalore, Brasil :D

As for pato not trying it's bs... He may have had opportunities today but as a whole he's been pretty service starved all year

He's not clinical but he's barely 20... Last year he went months (brginning of year and end of year) without scoring Point is still very young and management is incredibly stupid for listening to the likes of masster and think a 20 year old could carry Milan

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Hi my name is ashish and I was born in bangalore, Brasil :D

As for pato not trying it's bs... He may have had opportunities today but as a whole he's been pretty service starved all year

He's not clinical but he's barely 20... Last year he went months (brginning of year and end of year) without scoring Point is still very young and management is incredibly stupid for listening to the likes of masster and think a 20 year old could carry Milan

Im starting to think that Pato is no more ST of nobody.
He need a ST for himself.

Ancelotti made him a definitely striker.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Im starting to think that Pato is no more ST of nobody.
He need a ST for himself.

Ancelotti made him a definitely striker.
A real ST would've put that chance and the one vs Zurich in. Truth is, Pato is sucking as well as the rest of the team (bar 2-3 elements), I still expect more from him, but I also understand that at 20, it's really hard to carry a supposly big team that is in crisis (it would be easier if we would normally fall down under the category of mid table team or low table team cause the expectations are easier to handle).

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Pato has great creativity and finishing. But he needs to mature and be smarter. It will come with time, I would not point him out as one of the problems with this team; if anything he is the only bright spot.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Pato has great creativity and finishing. But he needs to mature and be smarter. It will come with time, I would not point him out as one of the problems with this team; if anything he is the only bright spot.
Actually,Nesta has so far been the only bright light in this team. Storari has also performed a lot better than Pato,and Silva was doing his part until he got injured.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would not point him out as one of the problems with this team; if anything he is the only bright spot.
Our "only bright spot" should have more than one goal for the season. Nesta has done far more than Pato so far.

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
Pato certainly is having a inconsistent season so far whether that is because he is playing out of position or is being single out by defenders is debatable i am sure he will come good at some stage hopefully asap. It is very hard to judge him as the majority of the time the front men aren't getting the service that they need in order to score goals.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

ok.... Sorry bud, but pato has no creativity... He has one way to beat his man... Run fasy. I am not saying its bad because I like simplicity, but lets not give pato praise where he doesn't deserve it. He's quick, skillful, and has a good shot. He can't pass, he rarely beats his man and he is weak. Pato can be the best player in the world in the future no doubt... He just needs to play to his strengths and chop the weaknesses... Hopefully that comes with time

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Big difference between creativity and technical ability. In his 2 years at milan i haven't seen any REAL creativity. By that I mean he really doesn't have vision to look for teammates. He is a striker looking to score, not saying its a bad thing... or that he can't pass (he can) but it seems to me leo is convinced he can be that creative forward. He is not kaka, he is not messi...Hell he is nowhere near as creative as Rooney... those are creative forwards.

IMO this is leo's biggest problem, he is playing pato in a way that does not maximize his ability. Would you play sheva, ronaldo, henry (in there primes) as ur creator?? NO. all had as good of technical ability as pato. It seems to me though, we're looking at pato to create our goals, more than score them. and I don't think he's capable

I will also say, while we haven't created as many opportunities as anyone would lkike to see.... if pato/huntelaar or pippo were more clinical we'd have scored alot more and had more points as a team.

IMO the ONLY brightspot is our CBs. Nesta has been world class, t.silva has showed he is capable of being WC and could form best partnership in world w/ some more time together... Kaladze has been good as a backup CB (which he is)

He is an extremely skilled forward w/ very advanced movement/mentality for his age, capable of being 1 of the best forwards in the world, but its foolish to even think of him as a trequarista like some suggest or a 2nd striker like totti, del piero, kaka, ronaldinho (was)

Our "only bright spot" should have more than one goal for the season. Nesta has done far more than Pato so far.

sssh... he's not brazil, therefor he CANNOT be our best player

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
He can't pass, he rarely beats his man and he is weak.

His passing is decent but hes thick as mud while beating his man is no problem, the only problem is that they crowd up on him.

His finishing hasnt improved tho, that miss against atalanta really pissed me off, and to the people who say hes strong, seriously wtf? hes not extremly weak but really far from being strong.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
His passing is decent but hes thick as mud while beating his man is no problem, the only problem is that they crowd up on him.

His finishing hasnt improved tho, that miss against atalanta really pissed me off, and to the people who say hes strong, seriously wtf? hes not extremly weak but really far from being strong.

he's VERY strong for a 20 year old striker which is a great sign for his future physical development, but you're right, compared to strikers as a whole he's pretty average strength wise....

i think we're just a tactical mess upfront to go along w/ a lack of creative talent. Not ideal environment to maximize a promising but still very unmature striker

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
i think we're just a tactical mess upfront to go along w/ a lack of creative talent. Not ideal environment to maximize a promising but still very unmature striker

Leonardo should stop playing him deep and sticking him on the wings, He should have a free role upfront.

Ancelotti did great with Pato, while Leonardo seems to be a ******.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Leonardo should stop playing him deep and sticking him on the wings, He should have a free role upfront.

Ancelotti did great with Pato, while Leonardo seems to be a ******.

sadly, thats true... although, not having kaka really hurts Pato. No one on this team can run at defenders and thus create space for pato to make a run.

Some people seem to think pato can just run at defenders himself, not really his best skill

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The thing is our buildup is too slow. Yes there are many great chances that our forwards f**k up but i wonder if when the opportunity does finally arrive if they feel rushed to finish off since the defences would be already closing them in. This is ANOTHER REASON why i believe Pirlo is shit. He takes too long to decide what he wants to do. By that definition Seedorf is sometimes worse than shit because he often is out of ideas to start with.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
tbh, I would be much more worried if we weren't making chances, than we are now (making them, but missing a few, and getting unlucky)

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
The thing is our buildup is too slow.

definitely. if we get krasic, we will have a couple of the fastest guys around... pato, krasic, abate... even flams has wheels. we can then really terrorize defenses with counterattacks, and pirlo will be as useful as he used to be. he will have some runners so he can make the killer passes. the problem is that right now the only runner he has is pato........

on another point, we dont really have any strong players so we cant break down defenses when we let them set up, so if we break on the counter with our fast guys, we will be a real threat... something we've been lacking for a little while now... the COUNTER ATTACK!

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Actually,Nesta has so far been the only bright light in this team. Storari has also performed a lot better than Pato,and Silva was doing his part until he got injured.

Nesta is 33 and on his last legs. I was not referring to performances this season, my point is that Pato is the only hope for Milan getting back to the elite in the future and therefore should get more appreciation and faith.

Big difference between creativity and technical ability. In his 2 years at milan i haven't seen any REAL creativity. By that I mean he really doesn't have vision to look for teammates. He is a striker looking to score, not saying its a bad thing... or that he can't pass (he can) but it seems to me leo is convinced he can be that creative forward. He is not kaka, he is not messi...Hell he is nowhere near as creative as Rooney... those are creative forwards.

IMO this is leo's biggest problem, he is playing pato in a way that does not maximize his ability. Would you play sheva, ronaldo, henry (in there primes) as ur creator?? NO. all had as good of technical ability as pato. It seems to me though, we're looking at pato to create our goals, more than score them. and I don't think he's capable

I will also say, while we haven't created as many opportunities as anyone would lkike to see.... if pato/huntelaar or pippo were more clinical we'd have scored alot more and had more points as a team.

IMO the ONLY brightspot is our CBs. Nesta has been world class, t.silva has showed he is capable of being WC and could form best partnership in world w/ some more time together... Kaladze has been good as a backup CB (which he is)

He is an extremely skilled forward w/ very advanced movement/mentality for his age, capable of being 1 of the best forwards in the world, but its foolish to even think of him as a trequarista like some suggest or a 2nd striker like totti, del piero, kaka, ronaldinho (was)

sssh... he's not brazil, therefor he CANNOT be our best player
I've seen Pato do tricks that only few can manage. There isn't a thing he cannot do with the ball. Stepovers, rabonas, elasticos, you name it, he's done it. Obviously we have different understanding of creativity, but apparently you have mistaken it for vision. Creativity is being able to pull a move out of a hat in a seemingly deadend situation, which Pato is very good at. But he doesn't have vision, at least not for now, when he matures and learn to play as a team player like Ronaldo learned, he will, because he does have good passing technique. He simply has poor decision making, there are dozens of times when instead of passing he goes solo but also plenty of times where he can run alone with the ball and chooses to pass instead. It will come in time. Most important is to play him closer to goal, so he gets his positioning instincts and improve his finishing. Right now Pato gets few chances and they are as random as they get. He needs to have situations repeating so shooting becomes regular routine for him and that will happen closer to goal.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Nesta is 33 and on his last legs. I was not referring to performances this season, my point is that Pato is the only hope for Milan getting back to the elite in the future and therefore should get more appreciation and faith.

I've seen Pato do tricks that only few can manage. There isn't a thing he cannot do with the ball. Stepovers, rabonas, elasticos, you name it, he's done it. Obviously we have different understanding of creativity, but apparently you have mistaken it for vision. Creativity is being able to pull a move out of a hat in a seemingly deadend situation, which Pato is very good at. But he doesn't have vision, at least not for now, when he matures and learn to play as a team player like Ronaldo learned, he will, because he does have good passing technique. He simply has poor decision making, there are dozens of times when instead of passing he goes solo but also plenty of times where he can run alone with the ball and chooses to pass instead. It will come in time. Most important is to play him closer to goal, so he gets his positioning instincts and improve his finishing. Right now Pato gets few chances and they are as random as they get. He needs to have situations repeating so shooting becomes regular routine for him and that will happen closer to goal.

you're right Pato hesitated too much in games, making bad timing and decision in passing especially.. if only we got a prime sheva to partner him and teach him.. he would probably mature a bit faster

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
you're right Pato hesitated too much in games, making bad timing and decision in passing especially.. if only we got a prime sheva to partner him and teach him.. he would probably mature a bit faster
Ronaldo would teach him plus he'd get back one of his heroes. Ronaldo can also score goals anywhere......as long as he's fit to walk :)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
sadly, thats true... although, not having kaka really hurts Pato. No one on this team can run at defenders and thus create space for pato to make a run.

Some people seem to think pato can just run at defenders himself, not really his best skill

Pato was on fire last season even when Kaka' was out injured. So I think his absence shouldn't affect him as much is it is now. Also, Pato was on fire with the same midfield building up chances for him ... so why not now? Besides, wasn't 'king dinho' :D supposed to out-create Kaka' this term?

All in all, we're just a disorganized tactical mess, and everyone's underperforming - par the CBs - as a result.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

I've seen Pato do tricks that only few can manage.
There isn't a thing he cannot do with the ball. Stepovers, rabonas, elasticos, you name it, he's done it. Obviously we have different understanding of creativity, but apparently you have mistaken it for vision. Creativity is being able to pull a move out of a hat in a seemingly deadend situation, which Pato is very good at. But he doesn't have vision, at least not for now, when he matures and learn to play as a team player like Ronaldo learned, he will, because he does have good passing technique. He simply has poor decision making, there are dozens of times when instead of passing he goes solo but also plenty of times where he can run alone with the ball and chooses to pass instead. It will come in time. Most important is to play him closer to goal, so he gets his positioning instincts and improve his finishing. Right now Pato gets few chances and they are as random as they get. He needs to have situations repeating so shooting becomes regular routine for him and that will happen closer to goal.

Really?! You'vee seen him do that at milan? Cause I haven't and ive watched literally every milan game he has played. Are you talking about some youtube video of him @16 against rec league quality defenses?!(cause thats what Brazil is) cause everytime he attempts tricks in italy, he gets schooled.

That being said You are right he needs to play closer to goal. Cause he isn't messi or ribery to be beating his man from so wide. Waste of what he's good at....

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Really?! You'vee seen him do that at milan? Cause I haven't and ive watched literally every milan game he has played. Are you talking about some youtube video of him @16 against rec league quality defenses?!(cause thats what Brazil is) cause everytime he attempts tricks in italy, he gets schooled.

That being said You are right he needs to play closer to goal. Cause he isn't messi or ribery to be beating his man from so wide. Waste of what he's good at....

the problem is Pato wanted to play wider, maybe he wants to be the new kaka more than the new ronaldo

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
okay dude whatever I don't know if you hate me that much that you are going to argue Pato has no skill just out of spite but I don't intend to continue a pointless discussion like that.

you say you watched all Milan games with Pato? watch last years Genoa game at home and then tell me he has no skill.

Schedule