Marco Borriello Thread

Aapert

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Kaka,Pippo,Gattuso,Nesta
two goals again today :rolleyes: . Maybe we should consider to call him back.

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Besfort said:
No, we shouldnt.

He had enough chance to impress here and failed to do so. Genoa is not Milan, u know that ;)

Yeah, they're higher on the table than us :)

j/k, Marco had a good game, however he is nowhere near Milan (read worldclass) material.

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Well i wouldn`t mind having him for the fifth striker. Pato+Eto`o+Gilardino+Amauri+ Borielo would be just fine

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Channel4 said:
Borriello admits Diavolo dream Monday 14 January, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marco Borriello is becoming a Genoa hero after a match-winning brace against Lazio took his tally to 10 goals, and he hopes Milan are watching.

The 25-year-old signed for the Rossoblu in a co-ownership deal with the world champions having failed to make an impression at San Siro.

Borriello failed a drugs test at Milan in January 2007 and arrived at Marassi needing to prove himself.

He has done just that with his prolific first half of the campaign and admits that he would love another chance with the Diavolo.

“I’m happy with Genoa and I have been welcomed like a son, but if Milan wanted to take me back I don’t think that there would be problems finding an agreement,” Borriello explained on Sky Sport Italia.

“I was certainly happy to hear praise from Silvio Berlusconi in recent weeks.”

However, for now the Neapolitan hitman is focused on helping Genoa avoid the drop.

“I want to thank Genoa and especially the President Enrico Preziosi who signed me when I was on a low,” he stated.

“Preziosi always said that he wanted to buy out my contract, but he had to wait because of the price.

"At the moment I am only thinking of keeping Genoa up and I am 100 per cent committed to the Grifone cause.”

He wants back....

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
The dude played quite well, but I think his Milan story is finished. For fifth striker I think Aubemeyang can suffice, or any other clean youngster.

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
I hope we will sell him permanently and move on. He had the chance(twice) but never took advantage of it. He is a player that can be succesfull in teams like Genoa, Sampodria and that's all. He aint got what it takes to become a Milan player.

Reaction score
Celtic were linked with him recently, we need a big, powerful striker and with Champions League football every season and Donati here it could be a true story. Since we seem to get players who don't really make the grade at milan, fancy giving us Gourcuff next ;)

Fiore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R. Baggio
You can have Dalla Bona for the time being :)

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Matmil04 said:
I hope we will sell him permanently and move on. He had the chance(twice) but never took advantage of it. He is a player that can be succesfull in teams like Genoa, Sampodria and that's all. He aint got what it takes to become a Milan player.

We should do the same whit gilla.Fact is we got only one world class striker @ the moment at thats ronaldo the fat guy.

Aapert

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Now he gets national team call :) and is leading goalscorer in seria a, with 12 goals this season. Still not a milan material?

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Aapert said:
Now he gets national team call :) and is leading goalscorer in seria a, with 12 goals this season. Still not a milan material?
He isn't Serie A leading goalscorer, he had his chance here twice (actually 3 times), and needless to say he even got doped the last time around.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
+ we have Pato who is still young and not available to control himself, so Boriello may make his mind to do what he did. :D

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
once we ship off Gilardino to Fiorentina for Frey... Borriello will hopefully return in his place...

better a drug addict that can score than a ****** that can't do any good...

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
once we ship off Gilardino to Fiorentina for Frey... Borriello will hopefully return in his place...

Refrain from the ****** comment or anything that is homophobe related.

But Gila does score more than Borriello and is better than him, I think that's wildly known, there's a reason why in both Milan and the U-21 Gila was picked over Borriello (and will be picked over Borriello for the Euro), there's a reason why Gila has almost a 100 goals in Serie A, while Borriello has 30 or less (and he even played for lower table teams before and never showed anything). Needless to say that Borriello has 11 goals (3 of which are pk's) while Gila has 7 (all of open play).

This is just an example of how blind the Gila hate is (geez, Benzema, Drogba, Eto'o, Toni, Trezeguet, Crespo are better yes, but Borriello?).

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
zZ[-_-]Zz said:

lol cmon man...however bad gila is, id rather face arsenal (or any top team) in the CL with gila than with BORILLA.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazy4milan said:
This is just an example of how blind the Gila hate is (geez, Benzema, Drogba, Eto'o, Toni, Trezeguet, Crespo are better yes, but Borriello?).
did i ever say i hate Gilardino? did i ever say Borriello is better that Gilardino?

and you care about scorin' records? weren't you the one talkin' about how Totti had more shots on target but less effectiveness in convertin' his chances? if Gilardino has 10 easy chances & convert 3... that's 30%... but if Borriello has 5 easy chances & convert 2... you do the maths...

don't make assumptions & then use it to insult me... or are you takin' lessons from that German?

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
don't make assumptions & then use it to insult me... or are you takin' lessons from that German?
Nowhere in c4m's post did I read an insult. Unless of course you are offended by the word blind. Now you just made an assumption about her with no basis, what do you have to say about that?

crazy4milan said:

But Gila does score more than Borriello and is better than him, I think that's wildly known, there's a reason why in both Milan and the U-21 Gila was picked over Borriello (and will be picked over Borriello for the Euro), there's a reason why Gila has almost a 100 goals in Serie A, while Borriello has 30 or less (and he even played for lower table teams before and never showed anything). Needless to say that Borriello has 11 goals (3 of which are pk's) while Gila has 7 (all of open play).

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
Give me some direction cause I really have no idea where I insulted you or tried to insult you.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazy4milan said:
Give me some direction cause I really have no idea where I insulted you or tried to insult you.
it is time you learn to review your post carefully...

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri

I would call it reaching, but maybe he was offended by that?

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
He picked up a niggling injury during the Catania match. He should be right to take the field against Portugal.

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
83337c223747f05a8ef492b2de0e0921-getty-fbl-euro-2008-che-ita-por.jpg

surreal. :rolleyes:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
^^I know!

MilanoMichael said:

I would call it reaching, but maybe he was offended by that?
I just told him to not use those comments, it's not an offense (using the f word is an offense though).

Aapert

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's funny that everybody is saying that we can't take a 'drug addict' to our team. But every one of you would be ready to take Mutu to milan :rolleyes: I'm not saying we should take him back, but if this form he has now continues through the season I wouldn't mind him back here.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Aapert said:
It's funny that everybody is saying that we can't take a 'drug addict' to our team. But every one of you would be ready to take Mutu to milan :rolleyes: I'm not saying we should take him back, but if this form he has now continues through the season I wouldn't mind him back here.

Mutu aint a drug addict and comparing Mutu to a mediocre @ best borriello shows how clueless you are about football.

Borriello does not belong in Milan.

Last edited:

Schedule