Gianluigi Donnarumma Thread

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
And what's that got to do with Donna making mistakes? If you look at it that's 2 mistakes he's made in 2 games which led to goals. These are exactly the types of brainfarts I was referring to in my post earlier today.

He's clearly talented but far too raw to be playing as starter. I don't think even starting Buffon at 16 would be a good idea.

I mean the situation wouldn't have happened had Pinzi been sent off and wouldn't have mattered if we'd got the penalty and scored it.

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Please, no more Donnarumma. He nearly cost us a win. That was a stupid mistake once again. Lopez must start again. Donnarumma is not ready yet.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Pinzi used his hand to nudge Donna (I don't feel comfortable calling him that...) so it's a foul, although he could have punched the ball regardless.

Played really really well. Happy for the kid. But I still hope Lopez gets back soon and does better after is break. We shouldn't continue riding our luck with Donnarruma, he did well for two games, let's not put pressure on him.

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Great Game from Donna :thumbsup: saved our ass for a moment.

And on the last chance, it was clear faul.. You could see how pinzi pushed him from behind. it was bearly a mistake from the GK

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Gianluigi Donnarumma is now the youngest goalkeeper in the history of Serie A to keep a clean sheet #ForzaGigio

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Pinzi used his hand to nudge Donna (I don't feel comfortable calling him that...) so it's a foul, although he could have punched the ball regardless.

Played really really well. Happy for the kid. But I still hope Lopez gets back soon and does better after is break. We shouldn't continue riding our luck with Donnarruma, he did well for two games, let's not put pressure on him.

It does seem weird no one mentioned his mistake in all the interview i've been watching, maybe there really was a foul. And Sinisa just confirmed on RAI that Donna will play vs Lazio. When asked if Donna would be able to handle the bench mentally, he said he hopes he wont have to bench him. Miha is in love with the kid.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Miha always says he only cares about what players show in training & the quality he doesn't care about names or age

Gigi did well today.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't like calling him Donna but I don't see why we can't call him Gigi...problem is he'll keep being compared to the real Gigi Buffon who IMO is the best GK of all time... Gigi does have time on his side though.

What impresses me the most about him so far is his distribution of play. He is much better than both Lopez and Abbiati with the ball at his feet and he knows how strong he has to pass the ball, I really like his confidence.

He did make a bad mistake towards the end but Pinzi didn't complain at all when the ref gave us a free kick - that makes me think he actually did have a lot to do with Gigi dropping the ball. If you'd take that incident away, he had a near perfect game. Very impressive.

Hopefully when Lopez returns he won't be playing anything near how he was playing this season because he gave away way too many balls to the opponents due to his poor clearances - that hasn't happened yet with Gigi. I don't know if I would field him against Lazio in the Olimpico, there'll be too much pressure and I hope he'd be able to handle it.

Last edited:

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Honestly , at 16 I'd want to see the guy fail multiple times so that he knows how to pick himself up from it. The thing is if you fail for Milan at this stage , the fans are so volatile they will cruxify you and revere you every other weekend.
Honeslty , hope he does well for a while before Lopez takes the first team again. If he is handled correctly he could own the world.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In today's GDS edition they say it was a correct call and Pinzi commited a foul

End of discussion

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I am just annoyed at the fact that he is one of fat raiola's clients.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt, the replay i saw showed barely any touching but it might just be from that angle.

Impressed with him, made some fairly decent saves and if he starts against lazio, i wish him the best of luck

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
He's a drubbing away from ruining his career, I wouldn't play him against Lopez.

Gabriel, dude's as good as gone, why else will he join Napoli to be second choice when he could be second choice here or 1st choice at Carpi? Had no idea why he re-contracted though.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
People say that they don't want Donnarumma to start as if he concedes it could ruin his career, yet want to drop him after Miha has said he's better than Lopez and he's done well so far?

Will that not damage him?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
tumblr_nwzqrfJNwE1rir0y9o1_1280.jpg

http://09031908.tumblr.com/post/132155171234

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing against him, but how exactly did he earn to play over lopez? On the other side calabria proved himself and he doesnt play over abate or de sciglio. Wtf is this shit?

Miha is a hypocrite...end of discussion. Donnaruma would never play under a coach like conte. NEVER

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I honestly don't understand people here.

Diego Lopez is in terrible form and we have a hugely talented young goalkeeper on the bench.

So we play him instead, but Miha is being unprofessional and people are up in arms over him playing the young keeper?

I just don't understand. People clamour for youth players and here we have one being tried as a replacement to our main GK who is in awful form, and you're all angry?

What the fuck do you want? An endless carousel of Buffon, Neuer, Schmeichel and whoever else and whenever one of them makes a mistake the next one comes on?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I thought Abbiati was injured or not fully fit?

I may be wrong.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Didn't have to do alot, messed up at the end which should've been costly.

Still can't believe we're playing with a 12 y.o keeper

Miha deserves some credit for this... huge call and he got it right. Remember our last coach who didn't play a single player form the youth squads :fp:

Gianluigi Donnarumma: short on years but standing tall at Milan by Paolo Bandini :thumbsup:

Just to be a substitute felt special to the player. ?Mamma mia, what an emotion,? Donnarumma told VivoAzzurro.it. ?Every time I come out of the tunnel and go towards the bench, I relive my childhood dream.?

Long may it continue.

People say that they don't want Donnarumma to start as if he concedes it could ruin his career, yet want to drop him after Miha has said he's better than Lopez and he's done well so far?

Will that not damage him?

I honestly don't understand people here.

Diego Lopez is in terrible form and we have a hugely talented young goalkeeper on the bench.

So we play him instead, but Miha is being unprofessional and people are up in arms over him playing the young keeper?

I just don't understand. People clamour for youth players and here we have one being tried as a replacement to our main GK who is in awful form, and you're all angry?

What the fuck do you want? An endless carousel of Buffon, Neuer, Schmeichel and whoever else and whenever one of them makes a mistake the next one comes on?

Best thing to do is just to ignore em for the time being. Don't forget a lot of these posters are just mad at Miha... so will vent their frustrations via other avenues e.g dropping Lopez for a 16 year old.

We just won 2 games and they still mad... tells you everything you need to know right now :lol:

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
This is fucking ridiculous.

16 YEARS OLD

What the actual fuck

He's a goalkeeper as well !

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Too much hype, hype hasn't gone well to our youngsters.

But he is some serious shit when you think about his age. I just hope we don't sell him anytime in the near future.
We need our Buffon, someone who is always there, someone reliable. Just wish that the fat fuck Raiola wouldn't have him.