Italian Football Thread III

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Really hard to manage a team with top 5 mid in europe :o

dancho

Banned
Reaction score
No matter what corporate decisions Roma took, they wouldnt have reached this stage without the Rudi Garcia signing. Primarily their rise is due to a very good coach.

And don't forget that they went for Garcia because Allegri turned them down.

Yeah, I don't think anyone expected Rudi to be that successful.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Crazy that he knew building a strong midfield was the first piece of the puzzle when Galliani has been in this sport for 3 decades and still can't identify thats our most glaring issue, nor will he pay for the players who can rectify it.

The most interesting part he spoke about was the commercial side where he identified companies like GoPro and Google as future partners... its scary how far behind

dancho

Banned
Reaction score
Crazy that he knew building a strong midfield was the first piece of the puzzle when Galliani has been in this sport for 3 decades and still can't identify thats our most glaring issue, nor will he pay for the players who can rectify it.

The most interesting part he spoke about was the commercial side where he identified companies like GoPro and Google as future partners... its scary how far behind

Clearly his fault that there's no money and the owner, who spends more money on hookers..

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko

Americans running it like a Business,this is definitely good for the League.The rest will follow suit or perish,that's the threat Barbra will be working on.
Who knew Italians immigrating to Americas in the 19th Century will have an effect on Italian Football Clubs in the 21st Century.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
LE FORMAZIONI UFFICIALI

ROMA: De Sanctis; Maicon, Astori, Yanga-Mbiwa, Cole; Pjanic, De Rossi, Nainggolan; Destro, Totti, Ljajic.
A disp.: Skorupski, Lobont, Somma, Torosidis, Holebas, Emanuelson, Florenzi, Paredes, Uçan, Gervinho, Sanabria, Verde.
All. Garcia.

CHIEVO VERONA: Bardi; Dainelli, Zukanovic, Sardo; Frey, Cofie, Radovanovic, Hetemaj, Biraghi; Paloschi, Maxi Lopez.
A disp.: Bizzarri, Seculin, Gamberini, Cesar, Edimar, Birsa, Bellomo, Mangani, Schelotto, Lazarevic, Pellissier, Meggiorini.
All. Corini.

Arbitro: Calvarese di Teramo. Assistenti: Tonolini e Paganessi. IV uomo: Nicoletti. Assistenti di porta: Massa e Pinzani.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
3-0 at HT, Roma are awesome.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
fuck roma and fuck their awesomeness. but roma over jube anyday even though i despise totti.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I thought destro wasnt milan quality :conf:

better than menez and torres IMO

Last edited:

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
Roma is the most exciting project in Europe imo. Great management, lots of great young talent, coming up amaizing stadium and all this is combined with great passion. I wish we were managed like they are..

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Roma is the most exciting project in Europe imo. Great management, lots of great young talent, coming up amaizing stadium and all this is combined with great passion. I wish we were managed like they are..

dont know about most exciting in europe.

more like only italian team living in 21st century

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.

:thumbsup:

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
which idiot said destro wasn't milan quality?

There were plenty in the Commode... I've always argued his corner by comparing him to the likes of Inzaghi in that he clearly isn't the most technical player but he knows how to score.

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
dont know about most exciting in europe.

more like only italian team living in 21st century

Who do you think come close to Roma's project to break into elite of Europe? Maybe Dortmund, but they happen to have biggest bully in football world. And Roma pretty much have everything in their hands

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Who do you think come close to Roma's project to break into elite of Europe? Maybe Dortmund, but they happen to have biggest bully in football world. And Roma pretty much have everything in their hands

roma are arguably in same situation as dortmund, forced to sell and re-load constantly because they dont generate revenue to pay high wages high quality players demand.

They can pay some, but not near enough to ever have quality of a bayern, madrid, epl bigs etc.

Atleast not yet, and likely not to happen till serie a significantly changes and rises

-

They are very well run though, no denying that

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
There were plenty in the Commode... I've always argued his corner by comparing him to the likes of Inzaghi in that he clearly isn't the most technical player but he knows how to score.

pippo is so unique. There are similar elements, but i think he's got a bit more technical skill. He's more physical than pippo.

Comparisons are kind of unnecessary but morientes is probably more apt

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Pretty sure you were against signing him and called him fodder :proud::lol:

funny part is this.

Destro's fee + wage is probably equal or maybe less than torres and menez total wages

but you know "More skill to sign frees" :b::g:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

juve are the biggest bullies in league football :lol:

roma won't win any major trophies.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
funny part is this.

Destro's fee + wage is probably equal or maybe less than torres and menez total wages

but you know "More skill to sign frees" :b::g:

yup

Roma wanted 25m and were firm on that, they had no need to sell him after cashing in on Benatia.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
juve are the biggest bullies in league football :lol:

roma won't win any major trophies.

roma can win serie A, but there policy based on revenue makes it hard for them to ever perennially win lik a juve because they'll always sell and re-tool ala arsenal.

"the Italian Arsenal" is actually a pretty good analogy

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
they won't, but comparing them to arsenal is extremely harsh even though I get where you're coming from.

arsenal are not run well at all, a stupid club with a stubborn manager.

on the business side of things they do a good job, but in a sporting sense arsenal are a joke.

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
roma are arguably in same situation as dortmund, forced to sell and re-load constantly because they dont generate revenue to pay high wages high quality players demand.

They can pay some, but not near enough to ever have quality of a bayern, madrid, epl bigs etc.

Atleast not yet, and likely not to happen till serie a significantly changes and rises

-

They are very well run though, no denying that

They do have to sell a player if he emerges to pure world class level, but they are so packed this year even if a great player leaves they still remain top side. It definitely depends on their performance on international level, if they leave their mark banwagoners will start following them and increase their revenue where they can closen up to leaders of footballing world.

Poor Dortmund will always have to deal with Bayern who is able to offer immense contracts to their players even if club isn't really in need of any new player. They are pretty much stuck, meanwhile Roma has none in Seria a able to buy their star players just to weaken them.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
They do have to sell a player if he emerges to pure world class level, but they are so packed this year even if a great player leaves they still remain top side. It definitely depends on their performance on international level, if they leave their mark banwagoners will start following them and increase their revenue where they can closen up to leaders of footballing world.

Poor Dortmund will always have to deal with Bayern who is able to offer immense contracts to their players even if club isn't really in need of any new player. They are pretty much stuck, meanwhile Roma has none in Seria a able to buy their star players just to weaken them.

Does this matter? Global market place

if bayern didn't buy them, epl $ would. Same is true for roma

-

@Sage's point... i think it's more down to EPL being deeper w/ better run clubs, which is why arsenal can't sniff. Serie A is backwoods in comparison, which makes Roma stand out more.

Di Bennetto and Pallotta basically studied and use arsenal as a model. IIRC they were both minority owners there first

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
wenger and the stooges with him are idiots, I have no doubt in my mind.

roma are definitely run better than arsenal in the sporting side, it's not even close.

I always had my doubts when it came to people attacking wenger, but in the past few seasons he has really shown that he is a stubborn moron. I really feel sorry for arsenal fans.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I thought destro wasnt milan quality :conf:

better than menez and torres IMO
Its really hard to tell.
Roma is a great team while we are a shit team so normally same player will perform better with Roma than with Milan.
Also their coach is miles better than Pippo.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Allegri vs Sassuolo :proud:

Forza Berardi & Zaza

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
[/B]

Does this matter? Global market place

if bayern didn't buy them, epl $ would. Same is true for roma

Bayern does this just to piss off the club and not only Dortmund. The Goetze drama and just before the final :lol: Which club is able to pull that off just to demoralize your opponent? Bayern is a scum and I am so glad we punished them so many times :proud: