Status
Not open for further replies.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Monaco star confirms Benoit Badiashile ?22m offer from Manchester United

That was all I cud copy b4 an adblock overlay blocked the content. Basically he went on to say how he rejected Utd... but Monaco didnt.

Feekyo at 35m over BB at 22/25m? Now, Im not even going to lift my eyes to Paolo so VS you better go ask him wots going on.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We need more ball playing mens, looking at technique something like this:

Gigio
Calabria (because Kalulu still raw)-Alessio-Gabbia-Theo
Bennacer-Kessie (this one not that much)
Diaz-Hakan-Leao
Ibra

One of our biggest problems is that we still aren?t doing well with the ball compared to big clubs.

We?ve got some donkeys.

Bayern doesn't have a passenger or bad presser in the front 4.
Lewa, Sane, Coman, Muller, Gnabry, Kimmich and Goretzka press as a unit and no one cheats out of it.

We have Ibra who walks around for the most part when he doesn't have the ball, and the rest try to compensate by abandoning their position to do Ibra's dirty work - which makes us very vulnerable to teams who know how to transition into attack quickly.
We have Leao who doesn't know how to press, doesn't know how to block passing lanes, doesn't know how to act in cohesion with the rest....but usually he doesn't even try.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
As reported by Calcio & Finanza, Milan bought the headquarters in via Aldo Rossi, in which it had been rented for the last six years. Casa Milan therefore became the entire property of the Rossoneri club, an operation aimed at improving financial efficiency, in perfect line with Elliott's strategy. In November 2020, Milan had established the newco "Casa Milan Srl", intended to take over the Vittoria Assicurazioni property, which had been the previous owner of the headquarters. As agreed, the Milanese club had a purchase option on the property that could be exercised by 31 December 2020. To purchase the headquarters, Milan spent about 42 million euros, an investment financed by Unicredit.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Now, now 'ebra, let bola have his say and his reasons... go on there young, bola, you were saying.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
hmmm apparently zlatan really left us for a music festival lmao. I thought he was just bluffing.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really like what I read from Pioli and Leao today. In fact, it makes me think that we are lucky to have Pioli as our coach, he is the right man for this moment and I say this because after a couple of bad results you instantly start to doubt his capacities.

But what Pioli says in press conferences is often on point and he brings people like me back to reality and to remain positive and to trust the process. Because in truth, its been only one full year of real stability at the club. I haven't seen this harmony in ages.

Then you have to consider that we don't really have many stars in the team. We have a lot of potential world class players, but they too are evolving as is the club. I would like to see this project with Pioli stay for at least another 3 years and with time to add some super players along the way. I trust our management thinks the same way and I just hope that this vision pays off.
Thanks for putting the effort of making sense. It's a rare thing these days

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sometimes he may be clumsy (especially when he is not physically fit). Other times he is extremely effective with the ball (and without it). Rebic is one of our best players, he is a starter for a strong NT like Croatia. Stop talking out of your asses.

Watch Theo's goal at Napoli last season. Look how good Rebic can be.

Why do people have to shit on someone, just to say that there is someone else who is better. Just work with what we have, Leao is elegant and that can be effective, but so can Rebic who is more aggressive. Its good that we have both.
Aren't you supposed to be annoyingly negative or am I confusing you with someone else lol .

Anyway, great post.

I might add that the 19/20 Rebic used to go and win 1-on-1s very often, in top of all the other things he does very good.

This season is a significantly different story in that regard, true and admitted. However we can't ignore that he had to play lone striker for some weeks due to Ibras absence - which is no position that favorites his skillset that much -, then got that awful injury who kept him out for quite a while and finally caught, shortly after his return, Covid-19.

I don't think we have even seen a fully fit Rebic this season. At least not one as fit as the one who produced somewhat like 10+ goals in a couple of months at the beginning of 2020. That's why I'm tuning my criticism on him way more down than the one I have for Leao when playing that position (and often even worse).

bola

Primavera
Reaction score
Inzaghi the one who was scoring against Pools, Madrids and Barcas?

He was the most unpredictable poacher the football has seen, lol.

That's my point.
Drucurl said (what he assumed is your reason to dislike calabria) that calabria has to be a great dribbler & freekick executor in order to be a starting player in this team. I disagree with it and give you an example of players who's not great dribbler or freekick master.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So I would say Chelsea and Lazio are pretty comparable as to where both teams are in their respective league tables.

The difference: Chelsea is dominating the league leaders of La Liga & Lazio are getting absolutely butt fucked by the league leaders of Germany.

My conclusion: Seria A and calcio in general is still several years behind and billions of euros behind the PL and competitively behind many teams in other leagues. With Juve also getting embarrassed by Porto, something need to change in Italian football.

Anybody have answers or thoughts on this? What needs to change? Tax laws? TV revenue? Politics? What the hell is going on

Changes have been underway for a few years now.

The first one was for Serie A teams to stop renting stadiums and own them so they can make more money.

The 2nd was Serie A teams playing young players more willingly than before, which created better talent and more money on player sales.

The 3rd is, they need to advertise the league better and in all honesty record the games better. It sometimes feels like Serie A games are recorded with less camera angles than any other league

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Way sum members envision football... Simeone is the perfect fit.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Way sum members envision football... Simeone is the perfect fit.

Certain posters think they'd be the perfect fit for coach, knowing everything about football and 100% correct all the time. :D

Too bad internet keyboard coach isn't a career.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
That's my point.
Drucurl said (what he assumed is your reason to dislike calabria) that calabria has to be a great dribbler & freekick executor in order to be a starting player in this team. I disagree with it and give you an example of players who's not great dribbler or freekick master.

Lol that wasn't my point at all.
Also certain abilities matter less in certain positions :monto:
The great Brazilian fullbacks Alves, Carlos, Maicon and Cafu had a lot in common....all very fast, great dribblers and Carlos and Alves were good at free kicks....Overall they were more competent footballers than Calabria is now. This was my assumption. That their overall game was on a much higher (elite) level than what Calabria offered.

WRT your post, overall I think Vulture is saying that it doesn't make sense lol

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Diego simeone is the biggest fraud in the footballing world.
The most overrated coach of newer times

I wouldn't take it that far. I would say he's another Mourinho. There are a lot of coaches that play like him including :max:

Mourinho is the real deal though imho because he won the CL with Porto...and fucking broke the Inter curse.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I feel really positive about everything.

We are going through a rough patch, but I still believe we can go on a great run if we can avoid injuries and regain some form.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I really like what I read from Pioli and Leao today. In fact, it makes me think that we are lucky to have Pioli as our coach, he is the right man for this moment and I say this because after a couple of bad results you instantly start to doubt his capacities.

But what Pioli says in press conferences is often on point and he brings people like me back to reality and to remain positive and to trust the process. Because in truth, its been only one full year of real stability at the club. I haven't seen this harmony in ages.

Then you have to consider that we don't really have many stars in the team. We have a lot of potential world class players, but they too are evolving as is the club. I would like to see this project with Pioli stay for at least another 3 years and with time to add some super players along the way. I trust our management thinks the same way and I just hope that this vision pays off.

Football is a complimentary sport, you can't only have great beautiful players you need to find the balance between someone rugged and someone artistic.

What matter the most is how effective the player is and Calabria is a win no matter how you look at it. He plays with heart and soul, he is young and developing and he is not even bad technically. More importantly, he is on low wages and he is happy about it. He has to start if he keeps improving, every club needs this type of player. When Puyol retired, Barca were fucked.

:thumbsup:

Who in our current starting XI can play against the likes of Bayern Munich/Man City and win?

Ibra
Leao-X-X
Bennacer-X
Theo-X-Tomori-X
Donarruma

So you don't include the person who played WC final?

I wanna see a leao- rebic striker partnership soo badly.
The big nosed pensionist can keep the bench warm in the meantime

@pioli wake up!
That might look interesting on paper, but they don't really have the chemistry. Leao doesn't really seem to have chemistry with most of the players, maybe some with Ibra and that's it.

Lol that wasn't my point at all.
Also certain abilities matter less in certain positions :monto:
The great Brazilian fullbacks Alves, Carlos, Maicon and Cafu had a lot in common....all very fast, great dribblers and Carlos and Alves were good at free kicks....Overall they were more competent footballers than Calabria is now. This was my assumption. That their overall game was on a much higher (elite) level than what Calabria offered.

WRT your post, overall I think Vulture is saying that it doesn't make sense lol

But all of those are attacking fullbacks. Alves and Cafu weren't that good at defending though and had plenty of flaws. They are good for particular set-ups, but not universally great. Cafu would've looked like a fool if he'd played next to someone like Romagnoli.

I don't remember Thurram or Zanetti to be exceptional dribblers or pacy players, but they're one of the best fullbacks ever.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Red against Atalanta versus a decimated Real Madrid team. Way to throw this game away :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule