The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I'm very comfortable in saying most of this mental growth is down to Zlatan.

But if i had to choose between zlatan and pioli i would obviously pick the king any day of the week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
But if i had to choose between zlatan and pioli i would obviously pick the king any day of the week

"Human beings in a mob
What's a mob to a king?
What's a king to a God?
What's a God to a non-believer
Who don't believe in anything?
Will he make it out alive?
Alright, alright
No church in the wild"

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I feel the same. Imagine if i feel that way , can u imagine what the players might be feeling? Everyone likes Pioli!

It's a business, players don't get attached to a coach. Same thing that happens when a player wants to leave or the club decides to sell them. Emotions get put aside.

Don Italo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Honestly, if we can offload Laxalt for 7Me, RR for 3Me, Calabria for 10/12Me and Conti for more or less the same amount, we could have 30/35Me in transfer fees and save 16.6Me in gross wages. More than enough to have one very good right back, one decent replacement left back, and still have some extra spare change.

With Kalulu and Saele, we would just need one decent RB and one good prospect LB for Theo.

The recurrent rumours mention Dumfries and Emerson but to be honest I can't haven't seen them play to offer a preference. Dumfries does seem more versatile and can also play center back.

What player would be more judicious in this Milan team? Any other RB you would prefer with a price tag under 25Me?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Honestly, if we can offload Laxalt for 7Me, RR for 3Me, Calabria for 10/12Me and Conti for more or less the same amount, we could have 30/35Me in transfer fees and save 16.6Me in gross wages. More than enough to have one very good right back, one decent replacement left back, and still have some extra spare change.

With Kalulu and Saele, we would just need one decent RB and one good prospect LB for Theo.

The recurrent rumours mention Dumfries and Emerson but to be honest I can't haven't seen them play to offer a preference. Dumfries does seem more versatile and can also play center back.

What player would be more judicious in this Milan team? Any other RB you would prefer with a price tag under 25Me?

Calabria will never be worth 12M. Saele will never become RB, unless you want to see many defensive errors and red cards.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Kessie is now untouchable for me. Head and shoulders above Tonali

Yes

tmb_headshoulders_classheadshoulders_classic_clean_2in_1_samponprotiv_peruti_360ml_197.jpg

34219.png

Last edited:

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Albimovi is That supposed to be funny

Don Italo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Calabria will never be worth 12M. Saele will never become RB, unless you want to see many defensive errors and red cards.

I disagree. I believe that Calabria could be sold for 12Me with bonuses included.
Borini was not a RB but he was useful as a stop gap.
Saele could do the same. Don't forget we are talking about him as a 3rd position RB after a new RB and Kalulu.
I also believe that Pioli has already positioned him once as a substitute RB during his first game against Hellas Verona

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
An upgrade to the right side is needed. just the rb position cost us so many points this season. I remember a run of games where either Calabria or Conti caused a penalty or got red carded. the Calabria ?handball? also cost us the cup.
Right side is also our least productive side, iirc only 2 goals came from the right side this whole season. One from Suso and the other from Casti.
I want to see who ragnick brings in bc the right side has been neglected though different management eras.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I disagree. I believe that Calabria could be sold for 12Me with bonuses included.
Borini was not a RB but he was useful as a stop gap.
Saele could do the same. Don't forget we are talking about him as a 3rd position RB after a new RB and Kalulu.
I also believe that Pioli has already positioned him once as a substitute RB during his first game against Hellas Verona

Saele never played as RB in his former clubs. Even if he plays, it's stupid.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Le10Sport is a terrible source. I wouldn't put a lot of hope on their reports regarding Fofana. The figures are too good to be true

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Don Italo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

I guess you are missing my point of him being a 3rd RB. Not a starter, not a replacement, but a 3rd RB.

In regards to his professional career, he has played 29 games including 10 games for Milan. Out of those ten, he has come on as RB (against Hellas and Juventus) for short amount of time.

Pioli has chosen him twice to fill that position so I guess I will follow his opinion.

MilanCampeador

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Except he kinda did? His main position was always RM/RW for sure, but he has played RB before. Not that I mean to say he's particularly good at it or that we should consider him for that position, but factually you cannot deny he has played there.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
I've never gotten this type of thinking... tons of coaches step up at different points of their career.

It's not like because your situation at one club or even a couple clubs ended a certain way means that they all will.

Look at Gasperini- he has had a totally different level of success at Atalanta than he had in previous stops.

Precisely, Allegri and Sarri also didn't achieve much with small clubs before Milan and Napoli.

But I think the decision is already made and with due respect Milan management will announce the new manager only after the season ended.

Don Italo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Has anyone been following how Alessandro Plizzari has been doing at Livorno?
Is it worth it to bring him back at Milan and have the two Donna's and him as our 3 GK's thus enabling him to learn from Donna as well as get rid of Reina's 3Me net contract?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Has anyone been following how Alessandro Plizzari has been doing at Livorno?
Is it worth it to bring him back at Milan and have the two Donna's and him as our 3 GK's thus enabling him to learn from Donna as well as get rid of Reina's 3Me net contract?

Won't be surprised if Milan & Reina terminate contract, but not sure if Plizzari will want to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule