The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 15:07   #19701
Congo Powers
b+g immortale

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, Theo, KPB, Mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neruda View Post
Any suggestions? Ill take any

Old 02-03-2021, 15:11   #19702
Congo Powers
b+g immortale

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, Theo, KPB, Mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
Bullism with suicide requests is permabanable.

Mods?
+1

Ban that poster permanently, mods
Old 02-03-2021, 15:13   #19703
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post

Old 02-03-2021, 15:16   #19704
Congo Powers
b+g immortale

😂👏
Old 02-03-2021, 15:17   #19705
milanator
AC Milan Legend

6m is Roma?s opening offer, he probably wants like 4,5-5,5m. I?d find everything till 4,5 reasonable and would go up till 5 million.

Same with Hakan.

People here are worried about inflating wages which I understand, but at some point we also have to show players that they can spend their prime here too and that they can get beyond the 3-4m mark here. Even if we say no to Hakan and Roma it is norhing you can ultimately prevent if we want to get back to the top.
Old 02-03-2021, 15:25   #19706
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
6m is Roma?s opening offer, he probably wants like 4,5-5,5m. I?d find everything till 4,5 reasonable and would go up till 5 million.

Signature
Old 02-03-2021, 15:35   #19707
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Quote:

Same with Hakan.

People here are worried about inflating wages which I understand, but at some point we also have to show players that they can spend their prime here too and that they can get beyond the 3-4m mark here. Even if we say no to Hakan and Roma it is norhing you can ultimately prevent if we want to get back to the top.
Players have to prove they are worth top salaries - Currently I cant justify giving Romagnoli an improved contract but if management believes that he can adjust his game and improve and be vital then that may be acceptable.
Hakan getting a significantly improved contract for half a season of exemplary performance for all the time he has been here is an even larger leap for me.

Old Milan would've given both of them contracts long ago, if this new guard is cold they will replace Romagnoli for sure and save on wages. Hakan they may draw out and then sell if he cant replicate that open play form from last year.

I'm not too worried. I think management will make sound financial choices, I just hope if the players are here they can reach a new level
Old 02-03-2021, 15:35   #19708
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
What exactly did he do to earn that salary? Imo if anyone deserves 5 mil its Kessie, Bennacer and Theo not Roma
Old 02-03-2021, 15:35   #19709
Raz
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

Same with Hakan.

You can't be serious...

Signature
Old 02-03-2021, 15:36   #19710
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

Same with Hakan.

So we should hand out contracts based on tenureship rather than merit? Hakan probably had maybe 1 full season of decent football during his time here and Romagnoli has been stagnant in terms of his growth.

Signature
Old 02-03-2021, 15:36   #19711
mALDINI03
Wonderkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Raiola and Romagnoli will pick whoever offers them the highest salary and signing bonus.

I think he'll stay until his contract expires, or they'll push for a move to a club that's not willing to pay a significant transfer fee.
I dont think Romagnoli will accept from being a captain to 3rd choice defender.

Either he start showing he is better than Tomori or he may accept to leave at the end of the season.
Old 02-03-2021, 15:38   #19712
Nevermore
AC Milan Legend

Milan Eye @MilanEye

Probable lineup vs. Udinese according to Sky:
Donnarumma; Kalulu, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Kessie, Tonali; Castillejo, Brahim, Rebic; Leao
Old 02-03-2021, 15:48   #19713
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
So we should hand out contracts based on tenureship rather than merit? Hakan probably had maybe 1 full season of decent football during his time here and Romagnoli has been stagnant in terms of his growth.
Both have been core pieces and especially Hakan is fitting very well into the plans (something which one can argue against Roma to a degree), I cannot see how we should build a top CL team if we sell players before their prime. If giving Hakan a proper rise is too expensive, whom of the current players would we grant it? Will we ship them all once they come into prime age and want to make a leap up the wage ladder?

To me the current wage structure is something temporary and nothing we can keep long term, if we want to be a great and not only a good team.
Old 02-03-2021, 15:50   #19714
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Both have been core pieces and especially Hakan is fitting very well into the plans (something which one can argue against Roma to a degree), I cannot see how we should build a top CL team if we sell players before their prime. If giving Hakan a proper rise is too expensive, whom of the current players would we grant it? Will we ship them all once they come into prime age and want to make a leap up the wage ladder?
Hakan has earned a +1.5m raise to 4m net + bonus.

Romagnoli is overpaid as it is.

Signature
Old 02-03-2021, 15:51   #19715
sheva
suso's dog

It's obvious someone with an interest for Milan planted the Romagnoli 6m euro story.. so fans like Mleite won't be upset when they ship his ass of

Does Roma still have a sell-on clause of over 25m euro on him?
Old 02-03-2021, 15:52   #19716
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Quote:

To me the current wage structure is something temporary and nothing we can keep long term, if we want to be a great and not only a good team.
If they are playing well and vital to the team they will get increases
Old 02-03-2021, 15:54   #19717
sheva
suso's dog

@leaf

https://www.goal.com/en/news/andre-s...r1tms8kwbx2qaj
Quote:
Goal.com: Andre Silva aware of Manchester United and Atletico Madrid rumours as Eintracht Frankfurt striker sets his own fee
Asked to set his own price, the ex-Porto prodigy joked: ?Around ?105 million (?91m/$126m)??

baby silva
Old 02-03-2021, 15:54   #19718
Berlusconi
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Vlasic is and will be 2-3X the player Diaz will be. And will not cost more then Diaz. Or not much more. Im not concerned about Diaz leaving at all. He can stay on loan thats ok.

Mikan has bigger issues. How tonpay Tomori, vice Theo, DM, RW, Belotti or someone...

And to decide is Leao the guy or not.
To me, he has the potential to light up the league. Everyone already sees his lazy side though, so it gives you signs of a young Balotelli.

However, at his age he's able to handle defenders physically, isn't selfish so therefore does well on the wings. Has shown he can play as a striker, and more recently he did very well as an Attacking Mid.

It would be dumb to give up on him so quickly especially considering the investment in him. Plenty of other positions to worry about besides Leao, but he can be a back up for all our attacking positions as of right now
Old 02-03-2021, 15:55   #19719
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Smurf View Post
If they are playing well and vital to the team they will get increases
Correct me if I'm wrong but we haven't been doing that without pressure from contracts nearing their end. That's imo a reason why players than want a bigger raise that accounts for several years.
Old 02-03-2021, 15:56   #19720
Pingu
Pioli #1 Fan

Pioli:

Quote:
“The numbers speak for themselves, unfortunately without fans, it’s not so decisive playing at home or away. There are more and more away wins that in the previous years, clearly playing in their own stadium can give advantages. Tomorrow will be an important match, Udinese are an organised team that put us under pressure in the first leg. We will need a great performance. The matches are all important, but also different. For me, it’s unfortunate to be spoilt for choice. Only tomorrow, we will try the starting line-up. I will choose the one who is better off. We arrive from a beautiful win, let’s give continuity to our results.”

“You are very good at finding the negative things. A few weeks ago, we were talking about a Rafael Leao who as decisive. Tomorrow he will have the opportunity to start. He doesn’t need to be pampered or helped, because he’s ready. Zlatan is our champion, but the leader must be our game, as we demonstrated last Sunday. If we play like this, we can do well even without Ibrahimovic and Calhanoglu. We have many players who can be decisive.”

“I would have been surprised if Ibra had said something different in the press conference. It’s right that he says certain things. We have to focus only on ourselves. We have to win as many games as possible and play our football. We are satisfied with the match in Rome. It’s the decisive moment of the season, we remain focused and try to get the most out of it. Then we will see what position we will be in.”

“The last few weeks have allowed us to change certain things. The team believed in what they were doing and were putting their habits into play. In Rome there was a great team spirit. We must continue like this.”

“Ibra is an extra weapon for us, but the fact that the team did well without him, it means we have some qualities,” Pioli said about the Swede’s absence. Tonight, I will watch Juventus-Spezia. I spoke to Ibrahimovic. Unfortunately, Sanremo finished too late for me.”

“Only you talk about failures, for me they are simply choices. I talked to him. You can’t always have the same ideas, but the important thing is respect. Rebic is fine, tomorrow morning he can prepare and play against Udinese. On Sunday, he played a great game. His characteristics are important for us. There are no doubts about his qualities.”

“Ismael and Mario? They are progressing in the individual work. This week they work separately. I hope to get some good news this week and that they can be available. In my opinion, we have the opportunity to demonstrate that the extraordinary thing was the two weeks we didn’t play well. It can happen when a team plays so often and was not used to maintaining certain rhythms. We must show that we are a team that have an important growth path. We are not dwelling on the past. What we do from tomorrow and onwards will be decisive."

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Closed Thread