The Rumour Commode XXXIII: Loan with Option to Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

#Gazzetta: Yesterday Paolo #Maldini left with his family to #Ibiza, but he remains in constant contact with the Ricky #Massara, and between today and tomorrow there will be updates in the dialogue with George Atangana.

E7ea4R-WEAMQbLK

who do we reckon is he signing in ibiza?

Benvenuto #Vlasic

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Telling about female players

Anyone remembers the picture of Hope Solo's vagina?

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
repugnant man you are mb

shameful

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Let me get this straight

You are on a Milan forum downplaying the team

And I am the guy who needs to shut up?

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Even if we keep the squad as it is right now (including Pobega + Romagnoli) and given the addition of Giroud, replacing Mr. 1 Goal Samu with Ilicic plus signing any one of the numerous AM?s we?ve been linked to e.g. Vlasic, James, Ziyech, Coutinho etc. will be a huge upgrade on last years team. Also, none of our competitors have strengthened significantly and all bar Atalanta have changed coach whilst we have continuity in management which will help us enormously.

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't even know if Isabel Cacciamali is still in Milan but

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even if we keep the squad as it is right now (including Pobega + Romagnoli) and given the addition of Giroud, replacing Mr. 1 Goal Samu with Ilicic plus signing any one of the numerous AM?s we?ve been linked to e.g. Vlasic, James, Ziyech, Coutinho etc. will be a huge upgrade on last years team. Also, none our competitors have strengthened significantly and all bar Atalanta have changed coach whilst we have continuity in management which will help us enormously.

We are in a good spot, but if we want to challenge for the Scudetto and make it out of the group stage: I think at a minimum CAM and RW must be upgraded. My hope remains Vlasic at CAM, I?d settle for Ilicic at RW.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I don't even know if Isabel Cacciamali is still in Milan but

this is the type of talent that needs be on the team, promoted
11 women of this talent

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
You can choose to look at it as ?having to settle for lesser players? but I think it?s just not budging on what Milan values a player. We really wanted Simakan and were linked very heavily with other CB like Milenkovic and fofana, and some others too. We got Tomori because he fell within our expectations of quality and availability.

Milan was also seemingly pretty close to guys like veretout and Sensi when Giampaolo took over, we got Bennacer from a relegated team and nobody cares looking back. Lost Gigio but most aren?t that concerned because we got a France international keeper on a better deal.

It?s very easy to say ?we keep missing out on our top targets.? But more often than not the players we sign end up working. There is a good reason this management got us into the CL for the first time in 7 years. Give them credit and stop whining. They have proven time and time again they can find talent, it?s clear they have a list and they?re waiting to see who ends up available. If I remember Maldini said this would be a market of opportunities. There are certainly a lot of talented players at CAM Milan wants and one will become available, is it inevitable.

I am bored and a bit frustrated we haven?t signed the players we need but look around Europe. Juventus brought in a new coach and barely got top 4 last season, they have signed nobody. Inter has only gotten weaker. EPL has stupid money along with PSG but nobody else does. Madrid didn?t spend a dime last year and this season they let their two dynasty CL winning center backs leave and have only brought in Alaba to replace them as of now. Every club is struggling to sell and buy players because of covid, we have to accept it. It?s not even a Milan specific thing. We will sign players though, trust the process and let them work. Most deals across Europe will end up taking place in august anyway.

True words. It's a luxury to be able to choose what you want exactly. The club is being rebuilt and management is looking for the best possible deals so we improve in both the financial and sporting areas. We could definitely do better than Castillejo and Krunic as substitutes for AM and RW, but it would cost a lot of money to buy two players that will start. A good versatile player than can play both positions could be a good option.

I am exited to see the development of Diaz and I think he will do very well this upcoming season. They gave him the number 10, because they believe in him. I do also. Saelemaekers is not the most exciting player, but he gives us a lot of balance on the right.

We'll see what opportunities arise. It also depends on who we can sell. I'm not worried about it at all. This management has so far proven that they have a sharp eye for good deals and talent and they have the bigger picture in the back of their heads all the time.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
if i was on the women's team staff i would suggest a switch in strategy. instead of attracting better players from all over to try and finish at the top of the table, what can the womens team do to increase the holistic health of the club....? what if we made it more like the women from striscia la notizia. huge viral success guaranteed, sponsor money, advertising money....more transfer mercato money.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Who remembers the talented Dani with west ham?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Let me get this straight

You are on a Milan forum downplaying the team

And I am the guy who needs to shut up?

didnt we agree on not to quote each other.?
stfu and move on with ur day

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
We are in a good spot, but if we want to challenge for the Scudetto and make it out of the group stage: I think at a minimum CAM and RW must be upgraded. My hope remains Vlasic at CAM, I?d settle for Ilicic at RW.

I think that those are the absolute minimum signings Maldini will make with a month left of the mercato i.e. Vlasic/Sabitzer/James/Ziyech for AM and Ilicic or better for RW. However, I?m pretty sure that?s he?s already got a young CF lined up in addition to a proven DM e.g. Baka/Kamara instead of relying on Pobega once the AFCON begins.

Also, I don?t really care about winning the Scudetto this season but top 4 is a must if we want to transform this exciting, young squad into legit title challengers the following year. Without CL qualification, we simply wouldn?t have been able to invest 60m this summer and would?ve had to sacrifice Kessie or Theo to strengthen the team.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think that those are the absolute minimum signings Maldini will make with a month left of the mercato i.e. Vlasic/Sabitzer/James/Ziyech for AM and Ilicic or better for RW. However, I?m pretty sure that?s he?s already got a young CF lined up in addition to a proven DM e.g. Baka/Kamara instead of relying on Pobega once the AFCON begins.

Also, I don?t really care about winning the Scudetto this season but top 4 is a must if we want to transform this exciting, young squad into legit title challengers the following year. Without CL qualification, we simply wouldn?t have been able to invest 60m this summer and would?ve had to sacrifice Kessie or Theo to strengthen the team.

I think at this point they may be waiting to get more favorable conditions toward the middle or end of August to complete the team. Clubs will bring down their asking prices for players the closer you get to the end of the transfer window.

Top 4 & a good showing in the CL should be this season's goals.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Pessimistic ?!
Or if you say the same things i said but with a smile then its sunny & birds are singing ?!

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I think at this point they may be waiting to get more favorable conditions toward the middle or end of August to complete the team. Clubs will bring down their asking prices for players the closer you get to the end of the transfer window.

Top 4 & a good showing in the CL should be this season's goals.

100% agreed plus we?ve probably closed some cheaper deals already e.g. Ilicic, backup RB and are just waiting for some departures before announcing them.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm sitting here praying some random player pulls up to the medical center for a medical

Like when Maldini signed Rebic

Status
Not open for further replies.