The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Whats your reaction gonna be when Pioli decides to replace him with Mandzukic

At least that madman runs.
Also means that the bald fraud wont play mandzukic on the wings.

Win win

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
some more stats from the Roma game

@TheoHernandez reached a top speed of 34.3 km/h in the win over Roma, while @fikayotomori_ hit 34.02 km/h.

Sandro Tonali (33.63 km/h) and @davidecalabria2 (33.02 km/h) were also among the fastest.

also Vulture I thought you were gone, welcome back my friend :)

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think my typo maybe ruined what I meant, not "line line" - high line. We push up the pitch with a high line sometimes against a high press (as you've said, they are high up the pitch) and can leave us vulnerable when we lose the ball to it. We get beaten when they press players onto our key carriers i.e. Hakan who wasn't able to contribute much when this occurs. We end up losing the ball, and if we play up the pitch against that press with slow CBs then we just ask for trouble. We had issues against Atalanta and Lille (first game) when pressed and with intensity. It drowns out our play, which yes it certainly isn't helped with all of the injuries and players returning out of form. Problem is, we rarely have that cohesive full strength team to deal with it like they know how, so an alternative is needed.

I did assume you meant high line instead of line line.
But you implied that Inter used a high press. I've seen plenty of posters here group together Lille, Atalanta, Spezia and Inter defeats as if those teams had an identical approach that nullifies ours and could be implemented by anyone.
You will find some common denominators, but it's not "high press" or man-marking on Hakan & Bennacer. Those two barely even appeared in any of those games. Spezia is the only game in which they were both in the starting lineup, and that was them after bad injuries and COVID, which they clearly hadn't recovered from.

If we look back at the rate of injuries, you can suspect it will not be the end of it, and have to plan accordingly. Can't keep doing the same thing if Spezia can figure us out, and have others do the same.

Agree with your latter point. If you don't have the players with the characteristics needed to pull it off, we need to adapt. Not even a change in formation necessarily but how we dictate play and move the ball.

Yup, but the lack of a stable lineup doesn't just harm your main plan, but the alternative plans as well. New tactics and partnerships need time.

Pioli was able to adapt when Ibra and then Bennacer, Gabbia, and Kjaer got injured, but that situation was stable and controllable compared to last month. We had Mandzukic, Meite & Tomori arrive from other teams, players going in and out of the squad due to minor injuries and suspensions, Ibra returning just when the team had learned to thrive without him, other old starters returning in bad shape, etc.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like a fan, rather somebody who only appears when Milan are successful and chooses when to support the team. When things look bleak, instead say their team will lose and berate every player and other fan. One would come to the conclusion they wish their team will fail so they can be "correct". Sad.

To be fair, this hasn't been a thing in a long time.

Anyone that's been posting here before this season has had a long and stressful decade of football

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The agent of AZ Alkmaar midfielder Teun Koopmeiners has once against opened the door for his client to move to Italy, with Milan reportedly interested

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
#Sky & #GdS Probable line-up:

Donnarumma; Calabria, Tomori, Romagnoli, Theo; Kessie, Tonali; Saele, Diaz, Rebic; Leao;

I hope its this.

Continually putting Calabria down must be a pride thing. How you can you not acknowledge that he is having a great season?

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
The agent of AZ Alkmaar midfielder Teun Koopmeiners has once against opened the door for his client to move to Italy, with Milan reportedly interested

His agent said that with Covid he won?t cost much and could be available starting from ?20M and that he would like to go to Italy or PL.

Unfortunately this budget is not available at Milan for another midfielder.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
#Sky & #GdS Probable line-up:

Donnarumma; Calabria, Tomori, Romagnoli, Theo; Kessie, Tonali; Saele, Diaz, Rebic; Leao;

I hope its this.

Is kjaer injured? If not i see no reason to bench him for that fraud

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His agent said that with Covid he won?t cost much and could be available starting from ?20M and that he would like to go to Italy or PL.

Unfortunately this budget is not available at Milan for another midfielder.

won't cost much
>20m for ere player
:lol:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
won't cost much
>20m for ere player
:lol:

One of few playmakers available to buy. He is very talented and we?ve seen Eredivisie talents like De Ligt being sold for 60-70M (or how much it was?)

Just wait and see how much Gravenberch will be if Covid crisis end.

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
VS doesn't like Kjaer just because he's old, there's no reason to not like him really. So infantile

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
exactly no body mentioning theos game in defence, he is average at best in that department, we receive 2 goals because of his fuckups when he was not carefull and lost ball

it was easy for defence when bena and kesie had everything under control in middlefield

instead of boosting ale s confidence fans keep shiting on him, its hard to preform when confidence is low. some of players gets lifted when people shiting no them some become even worse..

Exactly.

I have no doubts that Hakan?s form is related to COVID, question is if he can recover from it. With stuff like the EB virus many totally recover but some athletes never regain 100% of their physical ability. I hope that?s not the case with Hakan.

What?

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Volture bro wtf are u talking about? Kjaer played great! All italian important calcio journalists say it. From Sconcerti to the rest. Your just biased bro.

We all know Meitevis mediocre shit. Thats why he costed 1mln bro. Calabria is doing great, be real. I hated him but he plays really well.

We can speak of Mandzo, yes. So far he did nothing.

How do u know Milan has not got 20mln for a mid?

Not related to Volture... Veretout is a class player boyz, shame we didnt get.him...

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Its easy to convince 35 year old retired guy and give him 1.5M per 6 months... And a Liga NOS free agent.

Can he convince Brahim Diaz of Real Madrid?

Can he convince Donnarumma & Hakan to renew?

I?m waiting...
Cry some more.

9f39f19dd47acb389b9a213fe6687d22.gif

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Volture bro wtf are u talking about? Kjaer played great! All italian important calcio journalists say it. From Sconcerti to the rest. Your just biased bro.

We all know Meitevis mediocre shit. Thats why he costed 1mln bro. Calabria is doing great, be real. I hated him but he plays really well.

We can speak of Mandzo, yes. So far he did nothing.

How do u know Milan has not got 20mln for a mid?

Not related to Volture... Veretout is a class player boyz, shame we didnt get.him...

Italian journalists who loved Suso?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I have no doubts that Hakan?s form is related to COVID, question is if he can recover from it. With stuff like the EB virus many totally recover but some athletes never regain 100% of their physical ability. I hope that?s not the case with Hakan.

It surely is, but we also should not think of Hakan performing good against every team, they have their tactics and not always works for a player like Hakan.

As for Diaz people have underrated him and not seen the importance of having him here, we attacked well in games Diaz played, he offers an extra option in the center because he is an attacking minded player, this allows us to use multiple players to attack on center and wings. Diaz dribbles in tight spaces, something for example a player like Krunic can’t do.

Last edited:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
One of few playmakers available to buy. He is very talented and we?ve seen Eredivisie talents like De Ligt being sold for 60-70M (or how much it was?)

Just wait and see how much Gravenberch will be if Covid crisis end.

De ligt was playing for Ajax who made the semi finals of CL and only lost to the eventual winners.

Huge difference between them and AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule