The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Seriously how many people are for this if it means that we dont play Seria A?

But can the domestic FA really afford to do that? I mean if you look at Serie A..you still have Roma, Atalanta, Napoli, Lazio but look at La Liga and potentially Bundes..there's only fodder left :lol: obviously all the major players would want to eventually play the super league which would make domestic leagues...farmers for the big league. Once you play in the super league you cant return anyways. So where will all the fodders play that are not good enough for ESL? They'll eventually cave in and let clubs play domestic leagues. But there should be an even bigger gap now from the teams that play ESL (with all the additional funds) vs the teams that will not compete in it

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
There's no right or wrong here really, it's a matter of taste. If you enjoy watching minor clubs playing against big clubs who don't give a fuck then i understand why you may like CL.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Really dissapointed we are joining this wannabe elite. Its clubs from 3 leagues :fp: Ridiculous, stupid and Im not interested. Not even all the best clubs are a part of it. Clubs from three countries :fp: Superleague. Please gtfo. No Germany, no France, no Portugal, no Russia, no Turkey... wtf are we even doing here? This is nothing more than an extended Premier league. Ridiculous.

Hats off to Bayern and PSG for showing character.

Even Euroleague in basketball has a much better format and I hate that closed up league.

If this means that we wont be able to play in Seria A then just fuck this shit. Its not worthy of Milan.
They are willing to keep participating in domestic league, its only will affecting champions league, they are abandoning UCL.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Pretty sure nobody is ok with this. This tournament should and will replace CL and still allow the clubs to play the domestic leagues and cups. And it will happen if you think about it. There's no other outcome

If they decide to do this then you are right, it probably isnt. I do hate hate the project though. Its greed at its finest, taking football away from fans and competition.

So if Atalanta, Leicester, Valencia wins the league whats the point, whats the prize? And dont say they will make it in the Superleague because that is not a given.
And on the other hand Milan can shit on Seria A, finish 7th and play in the Superleague? What is the point in that? Money...money is the point.

The project takes away from the competition, demands a lot (probably more than CL) from clubs that arent the founding clubs and demands nothing from the elite 12 (elite 12... fucking Totenham is elite all of a sudden and not Porto for example).

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I'm absolutely disgusted by the Super League. It's a plan fueled by greed and Agnelli being fed up with Juve embarrassing themselves against the likes of Porto.
Even as the financial part of the game increases in importance part of what makes football special is that fans of Atalanta or Leicester etc. can dream of their teams achieving greatness against all odds - and that this actually happens from time to time.
The new Super League doesn't inspire dreams it crushes them for the many fans of less decorated clubs.
For the past ten years Milan has been on a downward trajectory. We've all sat through some horrible decisions and displays from various managements, managers and players both on and off the pitch. This, for me, surpasses all of them.
Today is the first day I can remember being ashamed of supporting Milan.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I find it truly hilarious that fans have the nerve to say "We will not support you anymore" :lol:

Sit the fuck down you fools. A version of this will happen and you won't leave your club.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fueled by greed? And uefa isn't? :lol:
At least with this the clubs will get most of the money. A bunch of uefa cucks in here.
And uefa tried to level the playing field to give smaller clubs a chance? Lmao! They did the opposite of that. They cemented the status quo and ensured that the richest clubs stayed firmly on top

Last edited:

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If they decide to do this then you are right, it probably isnt. I do hate hate the project though. Its greed at its finest, taking football away from fans and competition.

So if Atalanta, Leicester, Valencia wins the league whats the point, whats the prize? And dont say they will make it in the Superleague because that is not a given.
And on the other hand Milan can shit on Seria A, finish 7th and play in the Superleague? What is the point in that? Money...money is the point.

The project takes away from the competition, demands a lot (probably more than CL) from clubs that arent the founding clubs and demands nothing from the elite 12 (elite 12... fucking Totenham is elite all of a sudden and not Porto for example).

The point will be prestige.
It's the same as saying what's the point of winning title if 4th gives you CL all the same.
But I agree that domestic leages will become less appealing inevitably

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No federation can afford to kick out these clubs from their domestic leagues. Nobody will watch PL without their big 6 or La Liga without Real, Barcelona and Atletico.

The leagues have absolutely no choice. Relegating these teams would automatically kill the football in each country and nobody can afford this. They are just trying to scare them, but nobody is buying this shit.

Also, even FIFA don't believe themselves when they say that they will not allow the players from these clubs to take part in the World Cup. Imagine a final between Bulgaria and Lithuania in 2022 :lol:

Super League will be the biggest tournament, EL likely to remain and everything will be as usual in the domestic leagues. It will just take some time.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At least with this the clubs will get most of the money. A bunch of uefa cucks in here

UEFA is one of the most corrupt organization in the world and has been fucking us lubeless for 2 decades, but people actually feel bad for them :fp::lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
At least with this the clubs will get most of the money. A bunch of uefa cucks in here

:lol: ikr

Also, greed is good.

Bunch of communists in here... "ohh poor the small clubs, what are they gonna do now?"

They can participate in a better competition once all the elite clubs are out, and make more money from it. Its always the same teams playing in the knock out rounds of the CL anyway.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The point will be prestige.
It's the same as saying what's the point of winning title if 4th gives you CL all the same.
But I agree that domestic leages will become less appealing inevitably

Its not really prestige if you finish 7th in your domestic league and keep on playing in the competition.

It takes away from the competition and even if the clubs get to stay in the domestic leagues the leagues are getting a big hit by this. Once a club is out of the title race it makes no sense for them to play at 100% and compete. Better to finish 10th and concentrate on the Super League.

I hate the idea but Im done fuming. We all hope that whatever Milan gets itself into is for the best.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People are so afraid of change

Its not the change that is the problem. You can reform CL and make it better. But dont make up a competition where you close up the whole league. A league where noone can get relegated and where clubs that get in are chosen based on the revenue and not on the result.

Im having a huge problem with the format not the change.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is the best thing to happen to Milan since Berlusconi bought the club back in the eighties.
350 motherfucking million just for signing up to this shit? Mashallah! :lol:

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At least with this the clubs will get most of the money. A bunch of uefa cucks in here.
And uefa tried to level the playing field to give smaller clubs a chance? Lmao! They did the opposite of that. They cemented the status quo and ensured that the richest clubs stayed firmly on top

Yeah greed shouldn't be one of the reasons to oppose this

UEFA/FIFA aren't exactly saints, far from it

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Its not the change that is the problem. You can reform CL and make it better. But dont make up a competition where you close up the whole league. A league where noone can get relegated and where clubs that get in are chosen based on the revenue and not on the result.

It's literally the change that is the problem.

I think this is happening because of lack of reforms and that these clubs hold no hopes of reforms coming in the near future. People seem to forget what a fucked up organization UEFA really is.

Regarding the closed competition, I can understand the argument. It doesn't seem to be completely closed but it's a club for the elite clubs. I personally don't dislike that part because I don't give a fuck about small or midsized clubs, they do absolutely nothing for me. I never watch them play and I don't care how they do.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
People are so afraid of change

The train has left the station. :)

I don't know how this ends up, but the 12 biggest clubs in the world have decided that this was necessary. Change is coming, whether we like it or not.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

There are several things I don't understand about this either. So ESL reportedly want to keep playing in national leagues. In the PL that would mean 6 teams are automatically included in the super league. When one of those clubs aren't in the top 6, how does that work? :lol:

Very confusing.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There are several things I don't understand about this either. So ESL reportedly want to keep playing in national leagues. In the PL that would mean 6 teams are automatically included in the super league. When one of those clubs aren't in the top 6, how does that work? :lol:

Very confusing.

yes
we don't need to care about top 4 starting now

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

Very confusing.

who said they have to be in top 6 in their domestic league?

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Its basically the NBA, no?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
who said they have to be in top 6 in their domestic league?

Yes, but you see the paradox here?

They don't need to be. I get the Super League, but I don't get how it will gel with national football leagues. It will look prepostorous.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Very confusing.

Last thing I read was that there will be 15 or 16 founding members participating each year + 5 or 4 clubs receiving invitations. For example the highest placed teams from Italy/Spain/Germany apart from the founders like Napoli or Sevilla.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Last thing I read was that there will be 15 or 16 founding members participating each year + 5 or 4 clubs receiving invitations. For example the highest placed teams from Italy/Spain/Germany apart from the founders like Napoli or Sevilla.

This changes competition incentives a lot tho. If for instance Milan doesn't qualify for the knockout stage we will only have the league title to fight for. But it won't matter if we get 3rd, 4th, 5th or even 12th :lol:

It's weird to wrap one's head around.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

They don't need to be. I get the Super League, but I don't get how it will gel with national football leagues. It will look prepostorous.

it's not supposed to "gel" with the domestic leagues. What will look preposterous? Only difference now will be that domestic league will "only" be about winning it, the factor of ending up in 2nd-4th for CL will no longer exist.

^

as I was writing this I thought about how a team would react if they were out of the league race... ending up anywhere above relegation would be the same thing basically and they will completely focus on the ESL. Well that is a problem, I agree. Domestic leagues will be the new primavera :D

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Can’t wait to see the players’ reactions about this :lol:

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Its horrible for Seria A even if the elite 3 stay in. The domestic competition counts for nothing apart from prestige of the title.

Its a lose-lose situation for Seria A. But at least with Milan, Merda and Jube staying you get to manage the loss at least a little bit.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score

It won?t. The Super League teams will probably play the national league as long as the title is still within range and once a team drops too far behind in the table they?ll start playing youngsters and bench warmers for the remainder of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule