The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Should AC Milan join the European Super League?
Yes, it would make me very happy. 15 51.72%
No, because I want more Serie A titles and Champions League cups. 14 48.28%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-04-2021, 22:13   #42
leaf
voodoo donkey

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonInvader View Post
Sad thing is, this is a (patho)logical accomplishement of what's been going on for years: football business. I don't really buy into the "you're destroying the passion" as if you could neatly separate the business from the passion in the football industry.

What I fear the most is to see Lady Gaga on teli sliding down a rope from a helicopter hovering above San Siro.

I will certainly not watch that Super League shite but the virtue-signaling that's going on right now on social media won't do it for me either.
Instead of the Champion's League, we'll have to recite some Chicago's kid's slam poetry while taking a knee

Every other week will be some trans-related paraphernalia stuck to our neon pink kits. We'll have to play the finals in nothing but boweties and suspenders to rid ourselves of our toxic masculinity. It will be brilliant

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2021, 22:18   #43
Riffstein
Primavera Player

My mindset so far

Pros
1. More entertainment value, you get to watch more top tier teams and players compete.
2. The 12 clubs get richer. Most of them are already richer than the clubs around them, and if you add Bayern and Ajax to the equation that?s around 60-70% of the total UCL wins ? It?s a pro here because I?m a Milan fan tbh.
3. Because there are no real consequences for losing for the tournament after, teams should be playing with a more offensive mindset, again more entertainment value.
4. End/limit/counter UEFA and FIFA monopoly.

Cons
1. It?s bad for football in general, specially smaller teams and younger unknown talents.
Riffstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 01:11   #44
Riffstein
Primavera Player

https://twitter.com/danzila_jr/statu...905778179?s=21
Riffstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 01:19   #45
mumbojumbo
Special Guy

Ouch.....
"Why aren’t UEFA and La Liga salaries public? Why haven’t salaries been reduced like everyone else during the pandemic? We need more transparency. We know the salary of LeBron James but we don’t know the salary of the UEFA president."

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/that...w1m36bbgl1ta5m

Come one Chiffon from Slovenia.... tell us how much you make...
mumbojumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 03:03   #46
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by vB9 View Post

If they can break-off and play in their own tournament... nations can also kick them out of their tournament.
Because we pay all of the god damn bills

Serie A without Juve; inter and Milan...

Why do I have to explain this to you

Signature
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 10:33   #47
joyrider
Il Moderati

Former Milan coach Arrigo Sacchi said he hopes the Super League ‘will be shelved’ and claimed ‘football is part of the human race’.

The 75-year-old helped Milan win two European Cups and one Scudetto during his time as a coach in the fashion capital.

The Rossoneri hero doesn’t agree with the breakaway tournament formed by 12 European giants.

“Football is liked because it belongs to everyone,” Sacchi told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “I don’t like this, because football is so beautiful for its universality.

“It’s popular because anyone can practice it, it’s part of the human race. It’s difficult to find such a universal sport.

“But it has three great opponents: stardom, business and the balance sheet.”

Sacchi said he’s not worried about the future of the game, as he doesn’t believe the Super League will happen.

“No, because I hope this project will be shelved, but I don’t hope for a compromise. Half solutions are useless.”

joyrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 13:03   #48
G.Costanza
AKA Costanza

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack

I would like it but I don't want us celebrate a win after 10 losses in a row because that's what will happen.
G.Costanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 13:23   #49
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

how does Super League make football "not for everyone"?

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 13:32   #50
mumbojumbo
Special Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post

Former Milan coach Arrigo Sacchi said he hopes the Super League ?will be shelved? and claimed ?football is part of the human race?.

The 75-year-old helped Milan win two European Cups and one Scudetto during his time as a coach in the fashion capital.

The Rossoneri hero doesn?t agree with the breakaway tournament formed by 12 European giants.

?Football is liked because it belongs to everyone,? Sacchi told La Gazzetta dello Sport. ?I don?t like this, because football is so beautiful for its universality.

?It?s popular because anyone can practice it, it?s part of the human race. It?s difficult to find such a universal sport.

?But it has three great opponents: stardom, business and the balance sheet.?

Sacchi said he?s not worried about the future of the game, as he doesn?t believe the Super League will happen.

?No, because I hope this project will be shelved, but I don?t hope for a compromise. Half solutions are useless.?

this is why Europe will never get out of its recession. People there are too resistant to try new things
mumbojumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 13:40   #51
VooDooDoll
))<>((

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
how does Super League make football "not for everyone"?
ajax??

Signature

VooDooDoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 14:06   #52
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooDoll View Post
ajax??
They are still playing football? They still have their domestic league? They still have Champions League as it is right?

Signature
Old 20-04-2021, 14:14   #53
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbojumbo View Post
this is why Europe will never get out of its recession. People there are too resistant to try new things
Compared to which continent?
Old 20-04-2021, 15:20   #54
Oedipus
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
Instead of the Champion's League, we'll have to recite some Chicago's kid's slam poetry while taking a knee

Every other week will be some trans-related paraphernalia stuck to our neon pink kits. We'll have to play the finals in nothing but boweties and suspenders to rid ourselves of our toxic masculinity. It will be brilliant
This thing hasnt even started and leaf is already playing the victim.
Lol

Anyway, this is a terrible idea. Gonna be some hypercommercialized nonsense, its gonna take all the good david v goliath stuff out.
Americans will probably gobble this shit up cuz they love watching snippets of sports between their commercials, but yeah this is silly.
Oedipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 15:31   #55
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oedipus View Post
Lol

Anyway, this is a terrible idea. Gonna be some hypercommercialized nonsense, its gonna take all the good david v goliath stuff out.
Americans will probably gobble this shit up cuz they love watching snippets of sports between their commercials, but yeah this is silly.
Also takes out a lot of David vs. David, and that's part of what's making people upset

Signature
Old 20-04-2021, 17:36   #56
Pingu
Pioli #1 Fan

Quote:
Compared to Antarctica clearly. My kind can run a football tournament (Penguin Super League) without clubs going into debt. Only downside is the relegated team are offered to the seals as food.

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 19:50   #57
Arsene
AC Milan Legend

Glad it’s dead. Seems like curly and city pulling out forced everyone’s hand. This was all the American owned clubs pushing it. They never understood relegation and how finance in football is tied to success
Arsene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2021, 19:53   #58
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
Compared to Antarctica clearly. My kind can run a football tournament (Penguin Super League) without clubs going into debt. Only downside is the relegated team are offered to the seals as food.

your kind needs an introduction to voodoo

Old 20-04-2021, 23:35   #59
ikita
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oedipus View Post
Lol
He isn't wrong though.

Quote:
Got 'em

Signature
It's hard to believe that it's me that you're missing
Now you're trying to speak and I don't want to listen
Because you're a let down.
ikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2021, 04:30   #60