Andrea Bertolacci Thread

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Andrea Bertolacci Thread

Nah, Jack was honestly awful beginning of the season. I've never seen him in such bad form. He would misplace easy passes, beat his man Niang style were the opponent would just dispossess him etc.

I think he learned better positioning over time and his driving runs are fucking insane. I think he got far too used to having the touchline to bail him out and when he shed that particular mentality he thrived.

Now it's strange, to me he doesn't seem...exceptional in the LW role anymore. It's weird how well his conversion has gone

True. He was awful in the beginning of the season. I was starting to question whether he was a good fit in Montellas system, and then bum he suddenly blossomed.
We need to sign that lw asap

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nah, Jack was honestly awful beginning of the season. I've never seen him in such bad form. He would misplace easy passes, beat his man Niang style were the opponent would just dispossess him etc.

I think he learned better positioning over time and his driving runs are fucking insane. I think he got far too used to having the touchline to bail him out and when he shed that particular mentality he thrived.

Now it's strange, to me he doesn't seem...exceptional in the LW role anymore. It's weird how well his conversion has gone

Dito Jack in our midfield kicking asses has been the bigger surprise to me than Suso's explosion since november.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score

I agree, while Jack seems to be unreplaceable in i think we need better LW than him. Probabily, he was never that good at LW, but under Pippo, when the whole team was a disaster he was our best player by far.

Truth is that he even as a wing, he helped a lot the team in building possession and play, but he didn't create much chance to score, which is what a wing should do.

His dribbling skills are great to avoid pressing in midfield but inadequate when it comes to beat the defender

With Miha he played in a 4-4-2 which is the role he played in most of his career and is a bit different, he have less responsability in attack than playing LW in 4-3-3.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really hope he can stay fit for the rest of the year. I think he has potential to be a starter here, he may never live up to the price tag but he can definitely play a big role for us.

He's played well but let's hold it off a bit before thinking he can start or play a big role for us.

I see him same as Kucka, a handy player off the bench that can do certain tasks well.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
complete shit, again... unwatchable basically

PLEASE GO AWAY

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
we didn't pay 20 m for "decent".

he is just average and not even bench warmer material, it's more than clear now after one and a half year here... he offers nothing to the team, can't defend, can't attack, makes so much mistakes, what the fuck did he can besides running around like fucking fly? :fp: i can run too, for free.

it hurts when you realise that fodderlaci+sosa costs us almost 30, you can buy awesome midfielder for that money. :(

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Defiantly improving under Montella, overall a good game, offers skills we miss.
At the moment I´d start him over any midfielder except Locatelli, Kucka and Bona.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
People need to stop looking at his price tag, it's not his fault G can't negotiate. He's a solid contributor at the moment with room for growth. If he can stay injury free he can become good I believe.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm sorry but did some people on here actually watch the game yesterday or does their brain just go "FODDER" whenever they see Bertolacci play?

He's played a good game (following on from his good performances vs Juve & Roma). Not an extraordinary performance or anything, but he was solid.

Andrea will never be a starter for us but he's showing that he's not a waste of time. Played a few great though balls yesterday, covered more ground than any other player and was pretty aggressive in his tackling.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
sell at the end of the season for 20 mil plus if he has a few more good performances. He is never going to be any better. His current level is probably the best he can be. Not good enough. get lost.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
its obvious hes suffering from lack of confidence yet people here are so fast to right him off :fp: srs as soon as they see berto they shout fodder , its a reflex nowadays ..
had a solid game yesterday .. montella is a miracle worker

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm sorry but did some people on here actually watch the game yesterday or does their brain just go "FODDER" whenever they see Bertolacci play?

He's played a good game (following on from his good performances vs Juve & Roma). Not an extraordinary performance or anything, but he was solid.

Andrea will never be a starter for us but he's showing that he's not a waste of time. Played a few great though balls yesterday, covered more ground than any other player and was pretty aggressive in his tackling.

:thumbsup: Kucka and Berto are both solid back ups.

I know many expect him to be a starter because of his price tag, but at this point all that is sunk cost and we are not likely to have some other team offer us that much for him.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our play has improved overall since he's returned. He's added more comfort on the ball and we control matches more than the early part of the season. He shouldn't be a full starter but he's a good change of tactics sub

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Starting to get his feet back. Should have had 2 goals today if he had better finishing.

He can at least be a contributor off the bench now.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our play has improved overall since he's returned. He's added more comfort on the ball and we control matches more than the early part of the season. He shouldn't be a full starter but he's a good change of tactics sub

He moves between the lines very well and is a very direct/quick player with the ball
His quick 1 to 1s are very effective

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
He moves between the lines very well and is a very direct/quick player with the ball
His quick 1 to 1s are very effective

:thumbsup: His trequartista tendencies give us more presence between the lines that we lack when Jack plays in midfield. Jack likes to move in the half spaces and move wider to combine with the winger, but Berto offers a central outlet to link directly with the striker and bring Suso in to play closer to goal.

Having that player closer to Bacca makes Bacca look better as well, as Bacca does not have to hold the ball as long to bring others into play. The 4231 shape that we have used a few times (Roma game in particular) I would like to see more often in games (it's one of the shapes that we switch to in game along with the false 3 man defence). Needs to get more involved in the play in general though and improve his efficiency with the final pass/shot

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Showed the technique and quick movements in the final 1/3 that made his great season before joining us. He is on a good path at the moment.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
:thumbsup: His trequartista tendencies give us more presence between the lines that we lack when Jack plays in midfield. Jack likes to move in the half spaces and move wider to combine with the winger, but Berto offers a central outlet to link directly with the striker and bring Suso in to play closer to goal.

Having that player closer to Bacca makes Bacca look better as well, as Bacca does not have to hold the ball as long to bring others into play. The 4231 shape that we have used a few times (Roma game in particular) I would like to see more often in games (it's one of the shapes that we switch to in game along with the false 3 man defence). Needs to get more involved in the play in general though and improve his efficiency with the final pass/shot

:thumbsup:

Seems to be suitable to Montella's style of play.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Games in Serie A when Bertolacci has played:

L D W D L

He hasn't been injured for some time.

I would like to not see him again playing with Milan, however won't wish an injury to any man.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
He came on because we had no other options. He is better than last season but will not be here if the sale goes through and we get better players. He simply is not good enough.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
as useful as a condom with air vents

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud