Week 38: Atalanta vs Milan 23/05/2021 18:00 CEST

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
image-19.jpg

I said it before i say it again. Atalanta will be the final

1200px-UEFA_Champions_League.svg.png

ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF SERIE A

"It is a secret we have known before Daniel Maldini could even form words in his mouth. Through clashes with Rio Ave(pen shootout), Manchester United(first leg), 7-orin0, and even 7ube .... we caught glimpses of the team's electrifiying football and passion. But like a Ante Rebics brilliance, it always vanished with the moment. It couldn't be controlled..until now! At last, the beastly power has been harnished, the final battle is now. CL is in their hands. Now Milan will battle a club who has tormented them time after time. Will kebab costa finally show up, will commoders make through the match unscathed and will the players when it comes down to it..be able to keep their cool and will they have what it takes to secure CL FOOTBALL AND PROVE ONCE AND FOR ALL THAT THEY ARE WORTHY OF AC MILAN??? Find out next week on the final Episode of Dragonba- i mean SERIE A!"

forza milan
giphy.gif

I shall sig bet anyone who thinks we won't qualify. All of next Season. :mb:

p.s If this isn't the most hype Match Thread of the whole season then I don't know what is :o

P.p.s FUCK ILLICIC

Last edited:

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Forza Bologna. Our best and probably only hope of somehow still qualifying for the CL.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Can we put Ibra at least on the bench so that he can yell at the players on the pitch? Thanks!

Il Danese

Always Optimistic
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
Honestly, I am looking forward to this game.
I think Atalanta will be more open in the back while our back is solid.
At the end of the day if you can't win a game like this one where the pressure is on you have no business being in the Champions League. There will be games where you need to beat Bayern away or similar. Need to be mentally strong.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Everyone should look forward to this game. What's more exciting for a season to end on the last day with such high stakes? This is competition. Over coming atalanta to earn our cl builds great character

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our loss against them 5-0 was somewhat catalyst of positive change. Let's hope for positive result in Bergamo which will allow us to expand more and make us stronger.

Eyes will be in Bologna too.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
any chance they'll let us win?

They must hate ladri too right?

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
In the spirit and love for competition and the excitement of high stakes.

Is there anyone here that will bet me with the stakes being permanent exile from rnb?

I wager in favor of our club. That we win against atalanta

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Atalanta will play for second place because that will be historical achievement for them and also 5 milion will make more instead of being fourth. Milan is fucked. Grazie Bioli.

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Next week's table:

Position Team Point
-------------------------------------
1 Inter 88
2 Milan 79
3 Atalanta 78
4 Napoli 77
5 Jube 75

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli died in Bergamo, caught on fire and will rise again from his ashes at Bergamo. Milan will soar in the CL. I believe.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
If Cagliari that plays for nothing can trouble us like that, what makes us dream Atalanta who are aiming for their highest ever finish will let us waltz through them…

Our only comfort is that Atalanta vs juventus in mid week is extra work for them at this stage

Il Danese

Always Optimistic
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
If Cagliari that plays for nothing can trouble us like that, what makes us dream Atalanta who are aiming for their highest ever finish will let us waltz through them?

Atalanta play less compact than Cagliari did today. There will be more openings in their back-line and therefore more chances for us to score. They will also be more dangerous, obviously, but we have a strong back-line.

I think we have a good chance.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Is Atalanta's CL spot secured already?

Yes.

However, if you read the posts above, they want to finish 2nd for the first time in their history.

HOWEVER, they HATE juventus.

Only God knows what will happen.

Another 6 days with anxiety and depression.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
This will be so hard to watch, and therefore will be ever so sweet if we win it.

I'm concerned for the psyche of the team going into this match. Last night... They were so nervous and on edge during the whole game. They know they disappointed the whole world of Milan fans immensely.

It's as big a test as this squad can get, I hope they are more angry over last night and want to prove a point rather than being completely empty and insecure.

We can do it.

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
What are our options in the attack? After Rebic' horror performance against Cagliari, I'm uncomfortable having him as CF. However, Leao is also a 50/50 as CF.

If only we had Ibra, I wouldn't be scared of Atalanta. But then again, if Ibra was available we wouldn't draw against a drunk Cagliari team. Fucking hell..

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
I am optimistic for 5 reasons:

1. Our away form
2. Atalanta are not going to defend like Cagliari so more spaces to exploit for us
3. Atalanta has not won Coppa Italia for at least the last 55+ years, they are going all out for this on Wednesday evening given the below
4. They have already secured CL spot
5. We will be more fresh and they will be more fatigued

We just need to have a similar attitude we had against Juve and we are good, I still believe.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In the spirit and love for competition and the excitement of high stakes.

Is there anyone here that will bet me with the stakes being permanent exile from rnb?

I wager in favor of our club. That we win against atalanta
Me.

FuturisticMilan

Primavera
Reaction score
First post and login since february 2015 (time really flies). So just some few words;

Pioli has to get sacked after this season no matter what. I said it from the very beginning and I sticked with it even after our wins against juve & torino. It is quite typical Pioli from doing well at times to completely collapse. Why is he so stubborn with putting players on wrong positions? Why so obsessed with Castillejo? Why playing Rebic as CF and not left wing? Why the fuck playing Calhanoglu who played bad on purpose since he will be in juve next season? Why substitute Diaz? Why not starting with Mandzu or at least give him 45 minutes given that Cagliari parked their bus completely?

There is no way we will win against Atalanta. Our only hope is that Atalanta lose on purpose to keep juve out. But as the second placed team in serie A gets more price money and more money from UEFA (a total of 10 million EU more than being third), we can just stop hoping that they will help us. We have to do the job, or we will need help from Bologna.

Since when did a team becoming winter champions lose their title? And when in the fuck did the winter champions end up losing a champions league?

We had the chance to build our squad in the winter market to cover injuries and have a good chance for the scudetto. Instead we bought fucking Mandzukic and Meite. I believe this is where we lost it. Maldini was naive. And he is still naive when he wants to keep Pioli even if we lose CL spot. And extending Ibras contract with that huge salary when he is 40 years and constantly injured?

Last edited:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
As I've said before, Atalanta will be our Siena 12/13. Only the cheaters are gonna be the onew crying this time and not Fiorentina.

DAI DAI DAI

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Atalanta is only the best playing team of the league

2nd best scoring team of Europe

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This game is literally our CL final lol.

On a positive note, 7 points from the last 3 matches is a pretty good result and more than most fans expected.
That Juve win raised our expectations a bit.

Last edited:

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Atalanta are a better team than us. They are the 2nd best team in Serie A this season behind Inter. They destroyed us at home and could have won 7-0. We were shambolic.

We could win this game but then again I could also win the lottery 3 times before this game takes place. Let's be realistic winning in Bergamo will be a miracle.

I have absolutely no faith in the majority of these players. They are as soft as pig shit.

Schedule