The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Italo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Is his contract up this summer? He'll be gone one way or another...

Yes finishing it 6 months. However getting rid of him now could save us 3.5Me gross in wages. There was rumors that Celta Viga was interested to replace Lobotka.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Thanks & Bye to Suso. he did contribute a lot. very good player. and i'm sure we'll hear from him, he'll rise again.

it was the right time to split. Stylistically we needed to go in another direction + the contract situation meant it was the right time.

as i always say, after Montolivo and Bertolacci left ... we don't have single BAD player ... they might not be world class... but all of them have qualities (and deficiencies) and have shown it here or where they came from.

those performance problems stem from the club's structural problems...lack of structure, stability and continuity...ive rarely been one to deem players useless...but even less now that i have understood where the problem is.

i want to believe we're now going to be stable but i'm afraid there is at least one more turn ahead

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Nothing. Just having a good season. Soon everyone will forget about him

No, I think he has the talent to continue to grow and contribute.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Tbh, Castrovilli looks really interesting, I like the way he plays.

But yeah, he's been good for only 6 months. And I don't know what he was doing till now since he's 23, I thought he's few years younger.

Don't care, it's Maldoban for me. :o

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The real Maldoban era.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The NoSuso Effect

I thought we all agreed that it was BOBINI not Maldoban (horrible horrible name)

It's Massaldobanidis.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Suso's attitude while he was playing--badly or well--was pretty chipper. Motivational posts on instagram, 50 interviews a week or whatever. As soon as it was becoming apparent that he could also be benched (thank you Pioli!), his performances and his attitude nosedived. Yesterday, while he scowled on the bench, I couldn't help but make the comparison to his compatriot, Samu. The dude has ridden the bench, suffered injuries etc. but he kept at it. Be more like Samu, Suso.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maldini and Boban got 50m from 2 players who were not even at the level of professional footballers this season

Build them a statue right now

I thought we all agreed that it was BOBINI not Maldoban (horrible horrible name)

This

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Never cared for Suso even when he was at his peak Milan form.

Disappointed with Pyatek, I thought for sure we had finally found our #9.

Shame he didn't have the heart of a champion.

Not sure what's going on with Paqueta but the kid has WC potential.

I guarantee some other club like PSG, Barca, etc will pick him up for cheap and bring out his potential. Very worried about this situation.

Watching Ibra last night made me think what if G never sold Ibra and TS to PSG...

History would have been totally different.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Suso's attitude while he was playing--badly or well--was pretty chipper. Motivational posts on instagram, 50 interviews a week or whatever. As soon as it was becoming apparent that he could also be benched (thank you Pioli!), his performances and his attitude nosedived. Yesterday, while he scowled on the bench, I couldn't help but make the comparison to his compatriot, Samu. The dude has ridden the bench, suffered injuries etc. but he kept at it. Be more like Samu, Suso.

I think maybe early season under GP and his roleswap had a hand in Suso's behaviour. Even last season when he had his poor 6 months, he still at least tried and moved around on the pitch etc etc. Even before he was benched by Samu this season, he just seemed to walk around at times as if he didn't care and seemed disinterested. Much like Piatek had been for a few games putting in little work.

It's a good time for both to part and do hope he finds success with Sevilla. Forza Suso.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Not functional. He's classic RCM, not CDM or RW what we need.

But 442 is temporary solution anyway, he could be useful in every other formation.

But it seems that it's joke, based on comments under news. :o

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Kouame went for 11m, such bargain for Fiorentina.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Piatek and RR out. Wonder who comes in as CF backup as Napoli closing in on Petagna.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I feel like a striker isn't necessary

Ibra, Leao, Rebic should be enough for the remainder of the season. Maybe call up Maldini in emergency situations

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
I think we can survive with Ibra+Leao as CF's in these 3 months. :o

If Ibra is injured, switch to formation with one CF.

I prefer that more than spending money on another backup striker, when we have bigger priorities.
Unless we can find someone on dry loan.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I think we can survive with Ibra+Leao as CF's in these 3 months. :o

If Ibra is injured, switch to formation with one CF.

I prefer that more than spending money on another backup striker, when we have bigger priorities.
Unless we can find someone on dry loan.

I get that but I feel 4 is just more safe. Even on loan as you say. God forbid an injury to one and having to play the other day every game and pray that neither is injured/suspended for rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.