The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 13-01-2016, 14:09   #2121
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini - Nesta - Gattuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Wesley View Post
Let me know if Witcher 2 is good. I play Witcher 3 and I love it.
Why do you love it?

I'm thinking of buying it myself.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 15:32   #2122
AC_Wesley
¡YA BASTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Why do you love it?

I'm thinking of buying it myself.
I like games with a big open world. There are tons of interesting and diverse side missions. The main story is awesome. And the variety in dialogues make me feel like every game is different. Depending on questioning and answering, you make your own story. There are a lot of cutscenes, some pretty long even. So, you really feel like it's a movie sometimes.

The game is dark, sometimes even depressing. I didn't feel much for it at first, but you will get into it thanks to the storyline and characters. It requires some patience. Personally, I enjoy weapons like swords and crossbows in games over guns. Alchemy and crafting is really diverse too. I have no sight on the amount of potions, bombs, etc and equipment and weapons you can make, but from what I see...endless possibilities. The Witcher can cast spells to help you in fights or get through obstacles in the open world.

Safe to say that each gamer has its own kind of Witcher, as you can upgrade skills and abilities in your Witcher's personality. You get a point each time you level up. Levelling up differs, experience points are easier to gather when you play on an easier difficulty level. You can improve in general fighting, alchemy and spells. Once upgraded a skill, you can assign it to a slot. There aren't unlimited slots so you cant be best in everything.

Also, there is a game of cards called Gwent. Pretty addicting as one of the side missions is to collect all cards. You can play innkeepers, landlords, merchants and other excellent Gwent players listed in the side quest. Imagine it like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh with more factions.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidente
Le confesso che vedere tutti questi stranieri giocare nelle squadre italiane mi lascia perplesso. Mi fa male vedere molte squadre italiane in campo con undici stranieri. Per il futuro del mio Milan vorrei una rosa di giovani tutti Italiani. E magari...tutti campioni.

Last edited by AC_Wesley; 13-01-2016 at 15:34.
AC_Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 18:30   #2123
MilanMB
Serendipity

Thank you. It's the next game I'm buying then. I also like games with an open world (of its done right)

Signature
GOAT
Old 13-01-2016, 18:45   #2124
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Not really

if you don't mind playing older games, I definitely recommend the first witcher game. It has a pretty strange combat system, but story is great, the sidequests feel natural and you will have to think a lot about your choices. There's no "good" way to play it, the paths are unpredictable and you'll have to make sacrifices no matter what
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 18:49   #2125
MilanMB
Serendipity

I do mind playing older games.

-

Anyone here likes to build cities? Bought Tropico 5 on PS4, totally digging it.

Signature
GOAT
Old 13-01-2016, 18:51   #2126
AC_Wesley
¡YA BASTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiX View Post
if you don't mind playing older games, I definitely recommend the first witcher game. It has a pretty strange combat system, but story is great, the sidequests feel natural and you will have to think a lot about your choices. There's no "good" way to play it, the paths are unpredictable and you'll have to make sacrifices no matter what
Guess Witcher 3 got me so hooked that I believe its worth checking out 1 & 2 as well. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
I do mind playing older games.

-

Anyone here likes to build cities? Bought Tropico 5 on PS4, totally digging it.
I like older games too. I still play Age of Empires and Age of Mythology.

Signature
Quote:
Le confesso che vedere tutti questi stranieri giocare nelle squadre italiane mi lascia perplesso. Mi fa male vedere molte squadre italiane in campo con undici stranieri. Per il futuro del mio Milan vorrei una rosa di giovani tutti Italiani. E magari...tutti campioni.
Old 13-01-2016, 19:43   #2127
Mr Delicious
Banned

Quote:
Let me know if Witcher 2 is good. I play Witcher 3 and I love it.
Shit froze on me when i was trying to play it

Will try again today. Do note, far as i can tell it doesnt have farcry/skyrim open worldness. Its sort of constricted

Steam controller is surprisingly comfortable. The weird thing isn't the mouse-pad, its the fucking dpad with the X/A/B/Y buttons. Feels so unnatural. The irony.
Mr Delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 19:47   #2128
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
I like older games too. I still play Age of Empires and Age of Mythology.

i like the new addons/mods/campaigns whatever you call them

english, roman, arab, native murican, french.....all have enjoyable stories with excellent combat
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 09:33   #2129
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Have you guys seen the trailer for the new UFC game? Looks quite awesome, and a huge upgrade over the first one. It probably won't be as good as MK10, but for fans of UFC it should be a good game.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 20:11   #2130
AC_Wesley
¡YA BASTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
i like the new addons/mods/campaigns whatever you call them

english, roman, arab, native murican, french.....all have enjoyable stories with excellent combat
I love AoE3 because of the capitals which level up. I enjoy playing with the Russians (good for rushing and bullying opponents) and the Dutch (financially strong if a game goes into age IV).

I got those expansion packs too with the Asians and Indians. But I've been too lazy to look into their strategies.

Signature
Quote:
Old 14-01-2016, 21:07   #2131
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
I love AoE3 because of the capitals which level up. I enjoy playing with the Russians (good for rushing and bullying opponents) and the Dutch (financially strong if a game goes into age IV).

I got those expansion packs too with the Asians and Indians. But I've been too lazy to look into their strategies.

ah yes, russians are fun to play with and hard to play against

check out these campaigns (if you're not too lazy)

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/download...tart=0&s=r&o=d

there's even a game of thrones campaign
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 14:48   #2132
AC_Wesley
¡YA BASTA!

This looks like many hours

In a 2vs2, Russians and the Dutch are a good combo. One raids villagers with their Cosacks and cheap infantry should threat and force opponents to defend themselves. All that while the Dutch get their space to boom

Signature
Quote:
Old 15-01-2016, 15:00   #2133
KujaIX
Mexes & Muntari fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng

All about Age of Empires II.

Any day.
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 15:17   #2134
Congo Powers
b+g immortale

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, Theo, KPB, Mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
All about Age of Empires II.

Any day.
yup

still play it
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 16:52   #2135
KujaIX
Mexes & Muntari fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
yup

still play it
Same here.

Mayan masterrace.
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 22:42   #2136
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Not really

Does anybody else here play hearthstone ?
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:59   #2137
Ultra Swan
.,.foREVer.,.

Fav. Players: AC Milan

Have been playing Undertale recently and I am now torn between it and The Phantom Pain for my GOTY.

It's a masterpiece!
Ultra Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 10:10   #2138
nuttela
Super Bludfam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Swan View Post
Have been playing Undertale recently and I am now torn between it and The Phantom Pain for my GOTY.

It's a masterpiece!
Just purchased the Phantom Pain and played 2 hours. Have no fucking idea what is going on (never played the series except 5 mins of G/O)

Just completed life is strange - that shit is heavy.

Signature

Quote:
GOOOOOOOOL DEEEEL MILAAAAAAAN. HA ILLUMINATO SAN SIRO IL NUMERO UNDICI...GIAMPAOLO....PAZZINIIII....GIAMPAOLO....P AZZINI....GIAMPAOLO PAZZINI!!
nuttela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 10:56   #2139
jammin
pour l'éternité

Quote:
I like games with a big open world. There are tons of interesting and diverse side missions. The main story is awesome. And the variety in dialogues make me feel like every game is different. Depending on questioning and answering, you make your own story. There are a lot of cutscenes, some pretty long even. So, you really feel like it's a movie sometimes.

The game is dark, sometimes even depressing. I didn't feel much for it at first, but you will get into it thanks to the storyline and characters. It requires some patience. Personally, I enjoy weapons like swords and crossbows in games over guns. Alchemy and crafting is really diverse too. I have no sight on the amount of potions, bombs, etc and equipment and weapons you can make, but from what I see...endless possibilities. The Witcher can cast spells to help you in fights or get through obstacles in the open world.

Safe to say that each gamer has its own kind of Witcher, as you can upgrade skills and abilities in your Witcher's personality. You get a point each time you level up. Levelling up differs, experience points are easier to gather when you play on an easier difficulty level. You can improve in general fighting, alchemy and spells. Once upgraded a skill, you can assign it to a slot. There aren't unlimited slots so you cant be best in everything.

Also, there is a game of cards called Gwent. Pretty addicting as one of the side missions is to collect all cards. You can play innkeepers, landlords, merchants and other excellent Gwent players listed in the side quest. Imagine it like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh with more factions.
Gwent is piss easy
All you need are spy cards, medics and decoys

I can't believe how long this game is lol, I've been playing for a month and I still haven't gone to Skellige

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Best.

World cup.

Ever.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 14:16   #2140
nuttela
Super Bludfam

The Phantom Pain...

The game that has got me out of 'Life is Strange' depression.

Everything feels right so far. I was overwhelmed initially with the freedom I got playing the first main level (took me a month) but the second I got the mechanics and strategies I've been hooked.

Awesome stuff

Signature

Quote:
GOOOOOOOOL DEEEEL MILAAAAAAAN. HA ILLUMINATO SAN SIRO IL NUMERO UNDICI...GIAMPAOLO....PAZZINIIII....GIAMPAOLO....P AZZINI....GIAMPAOLO PAZZINI!!
nuttela is offline   Reply With Quote