George Weah Thread

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Haven't seen him either(I envy those people here who've witnessed Sacchi/Capello's Milan :p)

From watching various videos of Weah he seems more skillful than both to me
Stats wise he doesn't seem as good but you have to consider Serie A was a lot tougher in the 90s

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
true. he won the ballon dor so he is definitely in the all time great list category. Judging by the video posted above, he does seem to be more skilful than both sheva and henry.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Funny how Henry failed with the Gobbi in Serie A and then went on to become one of the best strikers in the World under Wenger in Arsenal :g:

dan11

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De scilgio, El Shaarawy, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Barasei, MVB,Rijkaard
Funny how Henry failed with the Gobbi in Serie A and then went on to become one of the best strikers in the World under Wenger in Arsenal :g:

henry was used as a winger not as a striker
But Weah certainly looks a cold hearted brutal bastard . What a legend

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
No..

swaggggg

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
swag
tumblr_nbpid7Vg6T1r90nv2o2_1280.jpg

http://calciofication.tumblr.com/

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Handsome man.

dan11

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De scilgio, El Shaarawy, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Barasei, MVB,Rijkaard
He was used as a striker in Arsenal

that is my point henry failed in serie-a used as winger while succeeded in arsenal as striker so his failure cud be contributed to him not being used properly . but who cares about henry in weah thread so fuck him

Last edited:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
AC Milan News @Milanello

Weah: "We must let Inzaghi work in peace, and then this squad could give some joy and satisfaction."

Weah: "The important thing is that Milan shouldn't be in a hurry to win at any cost."

Weah: "There are many talents in Africa. When one of them impresses me, then I will call Umberto Gandini immediately. Sooner or later..."

Weah: "Barbara Berlusconi has written to me and guaranteed that Milan Glorie will play in a fundraising match for the fight against ebola."

Weah: "I missed the victory over Verona because I was travelling, but I saw the match against Chievo."

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Liberia senate race: Landslide win for George Weah

27 December 2014 Last updated at 22:08 GMT George Weah speaking at a campaign rally in Liberia

Mr. Weah comfortably beat off a challenge from Robert Sirleaf, the son of President Sirleaf

The former football star George Weah has won a landslide victory in Liberia's senate elections, in polls disrupted by the Ebola outbreak.

Mr Weah got 78% of the vote for the Montserrado county seat, which includes the capital Monrovia.

He beat Robert Sirleaf, the son of President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, who took nearly 11%.

Low turnout in the poll, which was first planned for October, was blamed on concerns about Ebola.

Strict health controls were in place to try to prevent the spread of the disease.

_79954752_79954751.jpg

Health workers took the temperatures of voters as a precaution against Ebola

_79954828_79954827.jpg

Turnout was low, despite safety measures

Those who came to polling stations had their temperature taken, were told to stand a metre (3ft) apart and wash their hands before and after voting.

Liberia has been one of the countries worst affected by Ebola, with almost 3,400 deaths, the UN says.

Other winners in the senate elections include Jewel Howard-Taylor, the ex-wife of the jailed former president Charles Taylor, and the former rebel leader Prince Johnson. Both retained their seats.

The National Elections Commission chairman, Jerome Korkoya, called the conclusion of the vote "the end of a crucial journey".

Mr. Weah won the first round of the 2005 presidential election, losing the runoff to Ms Johnson-Sirleaf.

He is the only African to be named Fifa's world player of the year, winning in 1995.

Congratulations and well deserved; Weah is a role model that Balo should follow his steps.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Incredible legend, player and a handsome man.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
I think this was after the goal against Juve in 1999 (not 100% sure though)

20185_885762614815291_8252827461958016675_n.jpg

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, after Weah legendary double.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Why did he switch from #9 to #14?

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
20 Year Anniversary

"ACCADDE OGGI..."

15.10.1995 - Milan vs Juventus 2 - 1

George Weah esulta subito dopo aver siglato il gol del momentaneo 2-0 milanista. La partita finir? con la vittoria del Milan per 2-1, grazie ai gol di Simone e Weah, a cui rispose Del Piero nel finale. ORGOGLIO CASCIAVIT e FORZA MILAN!

weah_juv.jpg

Short highlights

I remember watching this game. 2-0 up, inside the opening 10-20 minutes :proud:

The Goal and celebration from Weah was epic.

DimSafeEnglishpointer.gif

HarmoniousHighBovine.gif

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
On this day, 20 years ago, George Weah scored this splendid goal in the final minutes of Lazio-Milan.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
As a kid I always had my Weah shirt on football trainings.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
#TBT - GEORGE WEAH'S COAST TO COAST

George's goal from one end of the pitch to the other against Verona, relived by Marco Simone, 20 years later

weah.jpg

20 YEARS LATER, WEAH’S CLASSIC GOAL AGAINST VERONA

"I saw that goal from the bench, and I enjoyed it even more”. These are Marco Simone’s words, a great friend of George Weah. Today is the 20th anniversary of that stunning coast to coast by Weah against Verona and the striker from Rescaldina still remembers the appeal, the charm of that piece of skill.

giphy.gif

"I was on the bench when at the 87th minute George scored, because when we were leading 2-1 Tabarez decided to bring on Eranio for me. I kept saying to myself: I don’t believe it, he’s doing it, I don’t believe it, he’s actually doing it, he’s done it” It’s still Simone speaking of this memory. The memory of that goal is still vivid even after 20 years.
http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/first-team/2016-09-08/tbt---george-weahs-coast-to-coast

I've never seen a goal like this.

King George

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
#TBT - GEORGE WEAH'S COAST TO COAST

George's goal from one end of the pitch to the other against Verona, relived by Marco Simone, 20 years later

weah.jpg

20 YEARS LATER, WEAH’S CLASSIC GOAL AGAINST VERONA

"I saw that goal from the bench, and I enjoyed it even more”. These are Marco Simone’s words, a great friend of George Weah. Today is the 20th anniversary of that stunning coast to coast by Weah against Verona and the striker from Rescaldina still remembers the appeal, the charm of that piece of skill.

giphy.gif

"I was on the bench when at the 87th minute George scored, because when we were leading 2-1 Tabarez decided to bring on Eranio for me. I kept saying to myself: I don’t believe it, he’s doing it, I don’t believe it, he’s actually doing it, he’s done it” It’s still Simone speaking of this memory. The memory of that goal is still vivid even after 20 years.
http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/first-team/2016-09-08/tbt---george-weahs-coast-to-coast

I've never seen a goal like this.

King George

Cr0m3wwXEAIm1F-.jpg:small