The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Closed Thread

Old 25-05-2021, 00:18   #1
Polotelli
AC Milan Icon

Default Mike Maignan

Who is Milan target Maignan?
Quote:
Milan are linked with LOSC Lille goalkeeper Mike Maignan as Gianluigi Donnarumma?s potential replacement, but who is the 25-year-old?

The France international has kept 18 clean sheets in 32 Ligue 1 games this season and has impressed enough to attract interest from a host of European clubs in recent weeks.

Milan continue to negotiate with Donnarumma but technical director Paolo Maldini must have a plan B, should the Italy international move this summer.

He has a particular eye on the French goalkeeper, who grew up in the outskirts of Paris and has been playing for Lille since 2015, when he moved from Paris Saint-Germain for a reported ?1m.

PSG chose to go with Alphonse Areola and sold Maignan to Lille, where the latter made his debut due to Vincent Enyeama?s sending off against Stade Rennais.

But after getting his chance in the first team, Maignan hurt his shoulder and remained a back-up for two seasons, before his turning point came in 2017-18.

Marcelo Bielsa was the coach who saw the real potential in Maignan and the qualities of a modern goalkeeper, who knows how to play even with his feet.

Christophe Galtier replaced Bielsa, but kept Mike in goal and LOSC Lille started flying, with a second place in Ligue 1.

Maignan explained to France Football a few years ago that he ?didn?t want to play in goal? but aimed to be in a position to score goals.

But at the Clairfontaine academy, he was transformed into a goalkeeper instead of a midfielder, explaining his qualities with both feet.

Maignan has, as mentioned kept 18 clean sheets in the French League this term, whereas Inter goalkeeper Samir Handanovic has the highest number in Italy.

The Nerazzurri has played 12 games without conceding, but Maignan is also the goalkeeper who concedes the least number of goals on average, with 0.56 per game, according to TMW.

Milan are reportedly interested in Maignan and the former PSG youth player could end up at San Siro should Donnarumma leave this summer.
Old 25-05-2021, 01:46   #2
Polotelli
AC Milan Icon

📊 Gianluigi Donnarumma this season

👕 48 Appearances
🥅 54 Goals conceded
🧤 18 Clean Sheets

📊 Mike Maignan this season

👕 48 Appearances
🥅 38 Goals conceded
🧤 23 Clean Sheets
Old 25-05-2021, 05:18   #3
voom
AC Milan Icon

Welcomike. I think Milan bought a great keeper.
Old 25-05-2021, 13:51   #4
WILL2K
Magical Milan

Fav. Players: Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou . All Milan players are my fav .players..;-)

Welcome Mike!

Signature

" I wasn't born Ronaldinho, but thanks to strong will I managed to touch the sky ... ".
Filippo Inzaghi
Old 25-05-2021, 15:44   #5
Ash
Swag Maestro

Can someone atleast change the name of the thread?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Old 25-05-2021, 19:49   #6
Saeed
Senior Team Member

Life is so good these days. I can't wait to see Mike in our goal next season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 25-05-2021, 20:03   #7
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

Benvenuto

Signature
Old 25-05-2021, 22:47   #8
AC_Wesley
¡YA BASTA!

Closed.

Try again & make it look good

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidente
Le confesso che vedere tutti questi stranieri giocare nelle squadre italiane mi lascia perplesso. Mi fa male vedere molte squadre italiane in campo con undici stranieri. Per il futuro del mio Milan vorrei una rosa di giovani tutti Italiani. E magari...tutti campioni.
Closed Thread