The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: \
yes 52 0.00%
no 10,000,009 100.00%
Voters: 10000061. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2018, 14:52   #19941
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI
 
Kojak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default

Funny how all the posters who were ranting + raving over the Napoli/Roma performances have suddenly lost their tongue after yesterday’s shitshow. Be consistent guys
Kojak is online now  
Old 17-09-2018, 14:55   #19942
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon
 
Thenebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Default

Yet, win or lose you just keep on going.


Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline  
Old 17-09-2018, 14:55   #19943
rossonero1
AC Milan Icon
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
Funny how all the posters who were ranting + raving over the Napoli/Roma performances have suddenly lost their tongue after yesterday’s shitshow. Be consistent guys
It'll probably be another season similar to last. Finish around 5th/6th. Unless they somehow keep it close to 4th going into January and make some moves in the transfer window. I'm not expecting much though until next summer. Elliott and their new management teams only had a certain number of weeks before the season started to plan with all that happened. Hopefully just keep top 4 within reach until January and everyone else contains to under perform as well.

Last edited by rossonero1; 17-09-2018 at 14:58.
rossonero1 is offline  
Old 17-09-2018, 14:58   #19944
Congo Powers
b+g immortale
 
Congo Powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: caroline celico
Fav. Players: Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, Rebic, Theo, KPB, Mario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
Funny how all the posters who were ranting + raving over the Napoli/Roma performances have suddenly lost their tongue after yesterday’s shitshow. Be consistent guys
Wow I wonder what could explain this
Congo Powers is offline  
Old 17-09-2018, 15:00   #19945
rossonero1
AC Milan Icon
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default

So apparently Gazidis is joining up in December.
rossonero1 is offline  
Old 17-09-2018, 15:07   #19946
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI
 
Kojak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
Wow I wonder what could explain this
They accuse “negative” posters of disappearing after wins yet they do the same after bad performances. Talk about practicing what you preach...
Kojak is online now  
Old 17-09-2018, 15:08   #19947
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossonero1 View Post
So apparently Gazidis is joining up in December.
@Kojak
you still haven't explained why Gazidis is one of the best CEOs in football
Goodfella is offline  
Old 17-09-2018, 15:10   #19948
Congo Powers
b+g immortale
 
Congo Powers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: caroline celico
Fav. Players: Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, Rebic, Theo, KPB, Mario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
They accuse “negative” posters of disappearing after wins yet they do the same after bad performances. Talk about practicing what you preach...
Wow it’s almost like a fan forum or something
Congo Powers is offline  
Old 17-09-2018, 15:10   #19949
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI
 
Kojak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossonero1 View Post
So apparently Gazidis is joining up in December.
Now this IS good news. He’s not the highest paid CEO in the EPL for nothing. Elliott are experts in management reshuffles at failing companies so if they’ve identified him as the right man to take us forward I fully support them. Let’s hope they take a similar approach with hiring Conte
Kojak is online now  
Old 17-09-2018, 15:13   #19950
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
@Kojak
you still haven't explained why Gazidis is one of the best CEOs in football
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
Now this IS good news. He’s not the highest paid CEO in the EPL for nothing. Elliott are experts in management reshuffles at failing companies so if they’ve identified him as the right man to take us forward I fully support them. Let’s hope they take a similar approach with hiring Conte
So it's entirely based on trusting Elliot's judgement?


Gazidis isn't the highest paid CEO in the EPL. He wants to be.
Goodfella is offline  
Old 17-09-2018, 15:41   #19951
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI
 
Kojak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
So it's entirely based on trusting Elliot's judgement?


Gazidis isn't the highest paid CEO in the EPL. He wants to be.
I read an article saying he was the highest paid CEO but after checking again he’s number 3. He still earns more than Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool’s directors though.

As for Elliott, they’re the number 1 activist hedge fund globally so how can you not trust them? Their job is to restructure underperforming assets and sell them at profit by shaking up management and they’re experts at it. Besides, they’ve already demonstrated this by significantly improving our Board as well as hiring Scaroni, Leo & Maldini. Compare this to the amateurs we had representing us under the Chinese.

As for Gazidis, Arsenal have spent less than Man Utd, City, Everton, Chelsea and Liverpool since 2014 but remained in contention for CL (qualifying twice and missing out by 1 point in 4 seasons). They’ve also stayed top 6 globally for commercial revenues despite not winning a major trophy in 15 years. That’s down to Gazidis. Compare that to us and how we’ve dropped out altogether despite winning our last major trophy much more recently.

Last edited by Kojak; 17-09-2018 at 15:46.
Kojak is online now  
Old 17-09-2018, 15:58   #19952
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
As for Gazidis, Arsenal have spent less than Man Utd, City, Everton, Chelsea and Liverpool since 2014 but remained in contention for CL (qualifying twice and missing out by 1 point in 4 seasons). They’ve also stayed top 6 globally for commercial revenues despite not winning a major trophy in 15 years. That’s down to Gazidis. Compare that to us and how we’ve dropped out altogether despite winning our last major trophy much more recently.
You're mixing up commercial revenues with the total revenue.
It's not Top 6 globally. It's the 5th biggest in EPL. 10th overall(Deloitte 2018), just marginally bigger than Inter's.

And you're comparing an EPL club with a Serie A club.
Goodfella is offline  
Old 17-09-2018, 16:01   #19953
beegees
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Fav. Players: Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Default

Scaroni+Gazidis+Gandini+Leo+Maldini+Conte

beegees is offline  
Old 17-09-2018, 16:09   #19954
rossonero1
AC Milan Icon
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegees View Post
Scaroni+Gazidis+Gandini+Leo+Maldini+Conte

too bad the players still suck
rossonero1 is offline  
Old 17-09-2018, 16:10   #19955
General
God Emperor of Humility
 
General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegees View Post
Scaroni+Gazidis+Gandini+Leo+Maldini+Conte



Signature


Old Man Sees Red
General is offline  
Old 17-09-2018, 16:31   #19956
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI
 
Kojak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
You're mixing up commercial revenues with the total revenue.
It's not Top 6 globally. It's the 5th biggest in EPL. 10th overall(Deloitte 2018), just marginally bigger than Inter's.

And you're comparing an EPL club with a Serie A club.
Arsenal are lagging behind commercially in the EPL due to long standing agreements with Emirates for shirt & stadium sponsorship signed before Gazidis joined. However, they recently renewed their shirt sponsorship signing the biggest deal in the clubs history starting next year. Also, they will switch shirt suppliers from Puma to Adidas next year doubling their earnings in the process. This will help to close the gap.

As for comparing overall revenues between EPL & Serie A, Juve are top 10 globally but finished 7th when we won our last Scudetto. Had we been managed in a similar fashion we also could’ve been amongst Europe’s top revenue generators regardless of the mismatch between domestic TV revenues.

Last edited by Kojak; 17-09-2018 at 16:47.
Kojak is online now  
Old 17-09-2018, 16:46   #19957
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI
 
Kojak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossonero1 View Post
too bad the players still suck
Yep. Bruh’s convincing themselves Hakan + Kessie are world beaters yet they’re anonymous in footballing circles and L+M wouldn’t have given them a second look if they joined 2 years ago
Kojak is online now  
Old 17-09-2018, 16:56   #19958
General
God Emperor of Humility
 
General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
Yep. Bruh’s convincing themselves Hakan + Kessie are world beaters yet they’re anonymous in footballing circles and L+M wouldn’t have given them a second look if they joined 2 years ago
Not true


Signature


Old Man Sees Red
General is offline  
Old 17-09-2018, 17:17   #19959
papaberlu
AC Milan Icon
 
papaberlu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
Funny how all the posters who were ranting + raving over the Napoli/Roma performances have suddenly lost their tongue after yesterday’s shitshow. Be consistent guys
Roma performance deserved praise, the rest didn't. Rather be objective than consistent.

Also, obviously people are more likely to discuss the positives than negatives

that being said, #Susoout
papaberlu is offline  
Old 17-09-2018, 17:24   #19960
papaberlu
AC Milan Icon
 
papaberlu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Default

I still believe in the squad, its only been 3 matches. Milan has honestly looked like the 3rd best team out of all the big clubs.

I hope Gattuso makes the adjustments necessary or at least someone is brought in who will
papaberlu is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:59.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.