The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Closed Thread

Old 16-01-2021, 21:40   #9301
Birsaforever
I hate Pink Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
I doubt Milan (Elliot) want Mandzukic, two old players in one position is not in our project, unless Pioli and Maldini really insist for his arrival.

projects adapts when circustances changes, i don't think they considered the chance of winning a title in this season but this might happen and a different strategy might be the best choice

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
zlatan and hakan AND tonali AND ibra are trash
Quote:
One day Vulture will quote all those who were celebrating when Niang left and will laugh with them.
Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, U2, Radiohead - The overrated frauds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
a top 10 is difficult to decide, but i can give you a few of my favourite albums for each decade from the 60s onwards, in alphabetical order
Old 16-01-2021, 21:41   #9302
brk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobinho View Post
Look how quickly his market value plummeted on Transfermarkt since the transfer

From 45m then to 6m now:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/radja-.../spieler/41982
Man, Roma sold at peak value right there...
Old 16-01-2021, 21:42   #9303
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

The Hakimi situation doesn't seem to be as serious as people are saying:

La Repubblica claim Inter have agreed with Real Madrid to delay the first payment for Achraf Hakimi by three months.

The Nerazzurri signed the wing-back for €40m to be paid in a series of €10m instalments.

The first was expected in December, but reports in Spain pointed out the money had not been handed over on time.

However, La Repubblica newspaper published a copy of an agreement Real Madrid signed with Inter a few weeks ago, which allows them to delay the €10m payment from December 2020 to the end of March 2021.
Old 16-01-2021, 21:44   #9304
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Akbar View Post

Things is slowly recovering, but in a high opex operation like football, having a good balance sheet is everything. The elemination of Merda from CL must be catastrophic to its balance sheet.
Are they?

I still don't see any fans in stadiums. Don't know what this means for tv- and sponsorship deals tbh. But I can't imagine how things could be slowly recovering right now with pandemic still in full swing if not even worse in many countries (England, Italy, Germany, Switzerland) than before.

If anything than clubs are still bleeding money and will continue to do so until this pandemic is under control and fans are allowed back to stadiums.
Old 16-01-2021, 21:51   #9305
brk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobinho View Post
The Hakimi situation doesn't seem to be as serious as people are saying:

La Repubblica claim Inter have agreed with Real Madrid to delay the first payment for Achraf Hakimi by three months.

The Nerazzurri signed the wing-back for ?40m to be paid in a series of ?10m instalments.

The first was expected in December, but reports in Spain pointed out the money had not been handed over on time.

However, La Repubblica newspaper published a copy of an agreement Real Madrid signed with Inter a few weeks ago, which allows them to delay the ?10m payment from December 2020 to the end of March 2021.
Payments seem like they're going to be piling up. They're just buying time which makes them desperate. They won't get a good offer to sell the club or sell 40%, so they'll keep squeezing as much as they can pushing the limits. Wheels might come off.
Old 16-01-2021, 21:52   #9306
R.Akbar
Allenatore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
Are they?

I still don't see any fans in stadiums. Don't know what this means for tv- and sponsorship deals tbh. But I can't imagine how things could be slowly recovering right now with pandemic still in full swing if not even worse in many countries (England, Italy, Germany, Switzerland) than before.

If anything than clubs are still bleeding money and will continue to do so until this pandemic is under control and fans are allowed back to stadiums.
From no football at all to games with no attendances
From no business operation to (at least) take aways from many restaurants.

Yeah its recovering, or so we say, adapting.

The key of survival in this kind of situation is low opex, low cost. Alhamdulillah, Milan heading towards that direction even before the pandemic.

Signature
Ing Madya Mbangun Karso
Old 16-01-2021, 21:54   #9307
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
Payments seem like they're going to be piling up. They're just buying time which makes them desperate. They won't get a good offer, so they'll keep squeezing as much as they can pushing the limits. Wheels might come off.
This all reminds me very much of the Yonghong Li situation and Fassone buying time here and there.

Dammit, I want someone from inside to write a book and tell us the real story behind this. I still can't get my head around how Li could actually loose the club with zero return when he had Commissos offer in hand - and refused!
Old 16-01-2021, 21:55   #9308
Sven
Super Moderator

The moves Suning made in the transfer window are really weird in retrospect if they knew the situation was so dire. They paid 40M for one player, they got veterans on high wages, they didn't even actively try to ship out bad contracts
Old 16-01-2021, 21:56   #9309
Sognatore
superema man

Fav. Players: bosnian di marzio

Hakimi will surely stay in Inter but their fanbase deserve to sweat a little after mocking our ownership saga.

What I don't understand is why Suning would make such an investment when they clearly don't have money or even enough time to reap any successes of their investment. Chinese restrictions aren't a surprise and the blocked tax discounts shouldn't be decisive. I must've missed something

Signature

sempre only 100% italian music in locker room
Old 16-01-2021, 21:57   #9310
Sognatore
superema man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
The moves Suning made in the transfer window are really weird in retrospect if they knew the situation was so dire. They paid 40M for one player, they got veterans on high wages, they didn't even actively try to ship out bad contracts
Exactly

Signature

Old 16-01-2021, 22:03   #9311
Raz
AC Milan Icon

Idk why people keep putting Kessie and Bennacer on wrong sides in their formations. Pioli swapped them for a reason. It's a big part of why we play so well when they're both on the pitch.

Signature
Old 16-01-2021, 22:03   #9312
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Akbar View Post
From no football at all to games with no attendances

From no business operation to (at least) take aways from many restaurants.

Yeah its recovering, or so we say, adapting.

The key of survival in this kind of situation is low opex, low cost. Alhamdulillah, Milan heading towards that direction even before the pandemic.
Ah, so you were speaking about life and economics in general.

I thought you were speaking about football clubs only who, as I see it, are hardly recovering but more or less trying to survive until fans are back in the stadiums.

Where are you from? How's it going in your country? I'm from Switzerland. We are basically entering our 2nd lockdown from Monday onwards. However we had many tough restrictions before who forced many bars and restaurants, movie theaters and stores to close down as economically speaking operating with all those restrictions generated them far bigger losses than simply closing down.

Sure, some adapt, but the general feeling here is not of recovery but of trying to survive somehow and hoping to make it to the next month when things maybe look a little bit better.
Old 16-01-2021, 22:03   #9313
Sognatore
superema man

Quote:
Dammit, I want someone from inside to write a book and tell us the real story behind this. I still can't get my head around how Li could actually loose the club with zero return when he had Commissos offer in hand - and refused!
I can't remember enough to have a valid opinion on this matter but I wouldn't exclude the possibility of everything being planned out from the beginning by all parties involved.

Signature

Old 16-01-2021, 22:04   #9314
brk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
This all reminds me very much of the Yonghong Li situation and Fassone buying time here and there.

I'm still convinced it was a Berlusconi led money laundering scheme.
Old 16-01-2021, 22:04   #9315
brk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Idk why people keep putting Kessie and Bennacer on wrong sides in their formations. Pioli swapped them for a reason. It's a big part of why we play so well when they're both on the pitch.
It frustrated me also but I felt like it would make me out to be pedantic for pointing it out, so thanks for doing it for me. It's been almost a year since they switched vs Lazio.
Old 16-01-2021, 22:08   #9316
mrki
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: maldini, pippo, boban

Quote:
I'm still convinced it was a Berlusconi led money laundering scheme.
+1 then

Signature
AC MILAN 7 CL titles.
LocalHero: Hakan Calhanoglu > Rui Costa (in Milan)

Kings of commode: patosheva - the man who never gave up & MR - the man who managed to say absolutely everything wrong

IT'S NOT COMING HOME...
Old 16-01-2021, 22:09   #9317
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sognatore View Post
I can't remember enough to have a valid opinion on this matter but I wouldn't exclude the possibility of everything being planned out from the beginning by all parties involved.
That's a possibility, but then again you'd expect something like that not to be done in full daylight and with so many watching right at it.

Like this theory of Berlusconi who orchestrated all of this to wash dirty money. Without being an expert myself I'd say there must be better and more subtile ways than e spectacular overtaking by a Chinese entity with a spectacular spending spree on the mercato followed by a spectacular faulting, with Fassone and Mirabelli as the scapegoats.
Old 16-01-2021, 22:09   #9318
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
I doubt Milan (Elliot) want Mandzukic, two old players in one position is not in our project, unless Pioli and Maldini really insist for his arrival
Well, nobody will complain if Elliott is willing to spend serious money on young striker...

But since we know that's not happening, Mandzu is available and cheap and can be useful
Old 16-01-2021, 22:12   #9319
Raz
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
It frustrated me also but I felt like it would make me out to be pedantic for pointing it out, so thanks for doing it for me. It's been almost a year since they switched vs Lazio.
It needs to be recognized as a stroke of genius by Pioli.
If he didn't swap them our play would be much more static.
They'd have to pass to each other more and would be forced to carry the ball into the attacking 3rd by themselves a lot of the time.
But by swapping them they have much better passing lanes forwards and to the sides and they can stay back for defensive stability.

Signature
Old 16-01-2021, 22:14   #9320
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Mamdzukic leadership and experience wise is a no brainer. The question mark is his match form. I guess that's why Maldini and Massara aren't over it already but carefully evaluating.

That said I'm fairly sure that if he comes, his match fitness isn't that bad that he couldn't give a fair amount of contribution for the remainder of the season. M&M aren't dumb.
Closed Thread