Week 31: Milan vs Genoa 18/04/2021 12:30 CEST

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Still far off but I'm very excited for this.

Ibra is suspended, at least for now. We will see if Maresca is a man or a mouse.

Calabria is looking like the only injured player for this, which will allow us to field a team at almost full strength.

My preferred XI:

Donna
Kalulu - Kjaer - Tomori - Theo
Kessie - Bennacer
Saele - Hakan - Rebic
Leao

Mandzukic could start if he's ready, but seeing as Leao just came off a nice goal last game I want him to gain some more confidence and possibly snatch up a couple goals in this game. He hasn't impressed at CF but a game where everything goes his way could be what's needed to unlock his confidence.

Tonali could start for Bennacer, but we need Bennacer to gain full form for this last push. Should be a nice game for him to dominate.

Dalot contributed a nice assist vs Parma but I'd still like to see Kalulu ahead of him in this game. He can sub on later for impact if needed.

If we lead 2-0 at HT I want Hauge to get a full half in Rebics place.

We've been pathetic at home, let's change that now. Forza Milan!

Last edited:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Im curious to see what Mandzukic can bring to the table. I hope he gets some playtime.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
This is a massive weekend for the top 4 places. We have to start winning our home games. Our poor home form is what has cost us the Scudetto.

I'm hoping for an Inter and Juve win. The scudetto is gone and the more points we can put between us and Atalanta/Napoli the better.

Forza Milan!

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
This is a massive weekend for the top 4 places. We have to start winning our home games. Our poor home form is what has cost us the Scudetto.

I'm hoping for an Inter and Juve win. The scudetto is gone and the more points we can put between us and Atalanta/Napoli the better.

Forza Milan!

Inter win is a must. Juve Atalanta on the other hand..might better suit us as a draw would it not? So they both drop points and there's basically more margin for error?

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Inter win is a must. Juve Atalanta on the other hand..might better suit us as a draw would it not? So they both drop points and there's basically more margin for error?

Imo, it is all about putting as much distance as we can between us and the chasing pack, but especially the ones below 3rd. It bolsters our chances for a top 4 finish. To that end, a Juve win works better for us because it pushes Atalanta further away. A draw keeps things crowded.

Last edited:

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
2nd or 4th is little difference in our objective...
So the less packed it is in this points range the less pressure on us.

But nonetheless, winning is crucial because it’s still extremely crowded where we are currently at.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Imo, it is all about putting as much distance as we can between us and the chasing pack, but especially the ones below 3rd. It bolsters our chances for a top 4 finish. To that end, a Juve win works better for us because it pushes Atalanta further away. A draw keeps things crowded.

8 straight wins. No more, no less.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
afternoon game at San Siro ... time to send a message to
Atalanta-giuve, Napoli-inter and others

Calhanoglu, Castillejo, Dalot, Rebic, Saelemaekers e Theo a yellow from suspension?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Calhanoglu, Castillejo, Dalot, Rebic, Saelemaekers e Theo a yellow from suspension?

Yes, important information. We could be looking at a few suspensions after this game.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Yes, important information. We could be looking at a few suspensions after this game.

Next match is Sassuolo mid week too.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
2nd or 4th is little difference in our objective...
So the less packed it is in this points range the less pressure on us.

But nonetheless, winning is crucial because it?s still extremely crowded where we are currently at.

2nd or 4th makes a difference to me. I think a 2nd place finish with about 80 points, let's say, would vindicate the club's work, work that centers around numbers, quantifiable progress etc.

The way the season has gone we deserve to end in style. Like Milan10 says, 8 wins out of 8 or, failing that, 80 points(ish) would be an incredible achievement for this team and Pioli.

Whether that will happen remains to be seen.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
2nd or 4th makes a difference to me. I think a 2nd place finish with about 80 points, let's say, would vindicate the club's work, work that centers around numbers, quantifiable progress etc.

The way the season has gone we deserve to end in style. Like Milan10 says, 8 wins out of 8 or, failing that, 80 points(ish) would be an incredible achievement for this team and Pioli.

Whether that will happen remains to be seen.

the only difference between 2nd and 4th is the money you earn. 2nd usually bags around 5mil more then 3rd and around 10mil more then 4th

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
afternoon game at San Siro ... time to send a message

We have sucked balls at afternoon And Home Games .

Hopefully we can get one early or it could turn out to be one of those dull afternoon performances in relatively easy games..

marioacm93

Milan Icon
Reaction score
dai ragazzii !!!

if we let Destro score again im gonna lose my shit

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan boss Stefano Pioli has chosen to give the team a day off from their preparations for Sunday’s game against Genoa, a report claims.

With just eight games remaining the race for the top four is incredibly tight as Milan, currently sat in second place, are just four points ahead of Napoli in fifth. Therefore, every remaining game is a final in itself so preparation is absolutely key.

According to what is being reported by ********** (via MilanNews), Pioli has chosen to give the team a day of rest. It is described as a somewhat unusual choice compared to the weekly routine used so far but one which was appreciated by the players.

Training at Milanello will resume tomorrow with the times adapted so as to try and achieve the best athletic condition ahead of the game on Sunday lunchtime, with the match against Genoa scheduled for 12:30pm CET.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
AC Milan boss Stefano Pioli has chosen to give the team a day off from their preparations for Sunday?s game against Genoa, a report claims.
Let see if this give positive result to fitness level for sunday match, if we win and change our luck for home games, pioli shpuld contonue.
Hate this early games.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Calvarese will be the referee. Not a bad pick. We've mostly been lucky with him als ref.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
If we don't win this, I'll begin to believe San Siro is cursed.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Park the fckn bus and play counter attack

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
This game looks doomed:

- early game
- home game
- Calvarese referee

:o

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This game looks doomed:

- early game
- home game
- Calvarese referee

:o

giphy.gif

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

You heard me. San Siro is cursed for us this season, half our players still asleep at 12.30pm, and Calvarese will send off someone for being fouled, and then give Genoa a PK for headbutting our player.

Or maybe Leao hattrick and then Calvarese and Maresca get eaten by a giant lobster and never seen in Serie A again.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You heard me. San Siro is cursed for us this season, half our players still asleep at 12.30pm, and Calvarese will send off someone for being fouled, and then give Genoa a PK for headbutting our player.

Or maybe Leao hattrick and then Calvarese and Maresca get eaten by a giant lobster and never seen in Serie A again.
Can't remember Calvarese being particularly anti Milan tho. I think we've won most of the games he's been referee?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ah yes, now I memba.

We seem to have a good track record with him tho. 9 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses. Last time he refereed for us was in December where we won against Sampdoria.

I guess by now there is no single referee left in this league who hasn't fucked us over in one or another occasion tho

Schedule